Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alicoin

Brookhaven Cabs Distributor Pricing Crazy?

alicoin
7 years ago
last modified: 7 years ago

My kitchen will be about 27 linear ft of cabs. The distributor we selected gave us a bid for Brookhaven, shaker style, all plywood construction, painted white cabinets at about $15,000.

This does not include installation or hardware. My husband is a carpenter and can do the install.

Does this seem crazy high? I know we are saving a lot by installing ourselves but I don't know. It's a pretty small kitchen. My husband isn't super familiar with pricing, he's done a lot of installing...not a lot of buying. Thanks for any insight you may have.

Comments (8)

• User
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Way too cheap to include all of the finished ends and other details that you need. I'd have expected double as a start. Someone has her multipliers confused and gave you cost would be my guess. Brookhaven is frameless and you cannot combine cabinets like you can with a framed line like Woodmode, their framed line. Which brings up the fact that the biggest screw-ups occur when someone does not know how to install frameless cabinets. They need a well experienced cabinet installer expert, as they can be racked very easily during installation. It is NOT an install for an amateur. Even a carpenter amateur cabinet I stalled.

alicoin thanked User
  • alicoin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Latifolia, thank you! That sounds about right. We opted for the plywood construction but we didn't get many fancy add-ons like pull-outs, spice racks etc. (even though I am in love with all of that stuff! I wish we could afford everything)! I think we will go through with it then, and lucky you got all the hardware included! That's awesome.

Thanks Sophie, but that is the full bid including taxes, shipping, toe kick, panels, etc. It doesn't include hardware though. We just didn't get many add-ons aside from their really nice pull out "lazy susan" and a few roll out drawers in a pantry. Thanks for the advice on the frameless cabinets, but my husband primarily installs frameless so we are ok there!

• Bruce Crawford
    7 years ago
    We have B'hvn. I paid more per lineal foot & it included h/w but not installation. However, we had lots of upgrades like all roll-out shelving, mixer lift station, etc. We like it so much, we're using it now in bathroom reno.
    alicoin thanked Bruce Crawford
  • alicoin
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Bruce Crawford, that's good to know, I'm glad you are still enjoying them. I loved the showroom cabs so hopefully we will have the same experience as you. Nice to know my bid isn't crazy. I wish we could have afforded more roll outs, they are really nice!

• Bruce Crawford
    7 years ago

Alicoin, what sold me is their craftsmanship. They kiln dry all their wood to specific standards. Things like roll-outs can be added later. Rev-a-Shelf & others offer lots of choices.

• PRO
    HL Consulting
    5 years ago

So does that mean the LF price for Brookhaven is over $1000lf? What does Decora run per LF?

• Bruce Crawford
    5 years ago

Jeweles Of The World, I had to go back & look at my records for our Brkhvn. The cost can vary greatly depending on what you’re installing. My pantry went in in 2014 & island in 2015, so prices are a bit dated. My pantry wall is 8’W & island is 100”W. The lower cabs on 8’H section of pantry have roll-out shelves, as does the far cab on island. The island has finished end panels plus 3 Enkeboll maple corbels for overhang on opposite side, plus a sheet of “skin” to use on Legrand Adorne wallplates at each end (not shown). The prices included the h/w, but not installation, countertop or bksplsh on pantry. Pantry = $4,750; island = $6,350, so both well below $1,000/lf. On hutch & back wall I have custom features like beveled glass in doors over desk & sink w/ Enkeboll onlays on valances, & lattice inserts on doors on hutch from desktop to ceiling & back wall over appliance garage to ceiling. The hutch also has doggie bowl drwr at bottom of its cab for broom & DR table leaf. I don’t believe either of these were over $1,000/lf, but I didn’t check those two. More pics at my projects page on Houzz. Paint, especially glazed finishes can cost more than stain, & different woods can cost more. Painted MDF doors may cost less than stained hardwood.