Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chrissie_browntorres

What paint color would pair nicely with greige cabinets? Thanks!

Chrissie
7 years ago

Comments (22)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

B.M Silver Mist with absolute black granite would be a great combo.

Various Sized Absolute Black Countertop Granite Slab, 2 cm. · More Info

Chrissie thanked JudyG Designs
  • Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

JudyG Designs, what do you think about a Carrera quartz countertop? Love the paint color suggestions but we are leaning towards a white counter with a touch of gray (and maybe even beige). Thanks!!

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 years ago

Not loving the Carrera. I would like this..of course, have to see it in person.

Various Sized French Vanilla Countertop Marble Slab, 2 cm. · More Info
    blue…maybe…thinking

Chrissie thanked JudyG Designs
  • Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks :) We are doing white subway tiles on the backsplash so was leaning towards a counter with more white then off-white. Kitchen is small so not sure if the black counter will make it look even smaller, Although I do like the suggestion and think it would pair nicely with black grout and white subway tiles. Would a solid gray countertop go with this cabinet? I could then do gray grout and it would still keep it light.

• acm
    7 years ago

I wouldn't pick anything that blue -- find a pale warm gray that plays well with the cabinet and counter samples. need to find such a beast in person, as grays are all over the place...

I might even head toward taupe more than this. Would help to know your flooring...

Chrissie thanked acm
  • Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

acm, we are looking for flooring too. Leaning towards a floating bamboo but still deciding. The counter in your example is a little too creamy for what we are looking for. We want something with more white then ivory or off-white. We plan to use white subway tiles on the backsplash. I do like your paint color suggestion. What countertop would you suggest with that paint color and white subway tiles? We want a colored grout so no white. We have 4 kids and I have a messy husband :) so leaning towards a gray or beige grout. Also, we prefer quartz countertop for it's durability and no maintenance, Thank you for your suggestions.

• acm
    7 years ago

Oh, sorry, I thought that was your counter sample. White is great, but be sure that your grays go together. I'm sure the white backsplash will be fine -- a little contrast with the paint is great. But pick paint last, as there are nearly infinite colors, and you want to be sure that it goes with all your more finicky finishes. (For that matter, choose your counters before you worry about things like backsplash grout color, as you may need to go quieter if, say, you end up with a counter with a lot of movement. Backsplash grout color is more about design than messy family members.)

Chrissie thanked acm
  • acm
    7 years ago

Here are just a few samples from Cambria of quartzes that are mostly white in the background, with different colors of pattern and degree of movement. You need to get samples and find one you like -- there are a ton of marble-look options out there these days.

• Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Got it.. we are at the design phase and it's a lot to consider. We picked the cabinet color. So now trying to find a counter and a paint color. What countertop is shown in your picture with the gray backsplash? And I was being funny with the messy husband comment lol :) We'd prefer a colored grout and not white. Light gray is what came to mind. I thought it would pair nicely with a white countertop that has gray veining. Thanks!

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 years ago

I actually like a black perimeter is a small kitchen.

What color is the top of the stove? If black, I like it even better, as it is a seamless run.

• Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

stove is stainless with a black top :)

• PRO
    JudyG Designs
    7 years ago

Let’s play around with a black countertop just because I love the look when the top of the stove is black. Instead of white subway you do glass in a shade of cabinets.

Absolute Black Granite Polished Floor Tiles 12" x 12" - Lot of 250 Tiles · More Info

Hickory Hardware 1.44" Eclipse Stainless Steel Cabinet Knob · More Info

• PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    7 years ago

Hi there. Great cabinet color choice. Is this a remodel or new home? White subway tile, stainless and black appliances so far. Any photos of the space? Are you opposed to wallpaper? Great texture and fun options available as wallpaper is popular again if you are open to this. What would you say your style of decor is? That would help as well.

• kjoy1
    7 years ago

Since you are doing a greige color on the cabinets...have you thought about going lighter with your wall color.

BM White Dove...

Revere Pewter representing your cabinet color

Or SW Shoji White

Chrissie thanked kjoy1
  • Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Jodie White Designs, Inc , it's a remodel. Small kitchen space. Not opposed to wall paper but wasn't originally thinking of using it since the kitchen walls will be seen from the living room after remodel is complete. I will try to get some pics loaded for you tonight or tomorrow, but I would love to hear your suggestions on countertops and paint that would go nicely with the greige cabinet color. Thanks!

• Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

kjoy1 , yes - I originally was thinking lighter walls but nothing too light. Thank you for the suggestions! I will take a look at the paint colors you mentioned.

• Chrissie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

BeverlyFLADeziner , love the look in the 1st photo!

• PRO
    Chrissie thanked BeverlyFLADeziner
  • PRO
    Jodie White Designs
    7 years ago

Have not seen pictures of family room however I do like the black counter tops as well. Here a some options to see what you like. Was not sure if you want to throw some texture in the space.....

• eliseharrison
    6 years ago

Judy GDesigns... do you know where i can find that glass griege tile?

• Kristi York
    5 years ago

Chrissie, what color walls did you end up going with? i'm in the same dilemma right now and would love any advice/help!