Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

POLL: If you re-invest your tax refund in your home, what will you do?

Emily H
7 years ago

Canyon Oak · More Info

What project will your tax refund go to this year?

VOTE and tell us about it in the comments!

Install solar panels
Landscaping
Additions / renovations to the home
Redecorate
Make an additional mortgage payment
All of the above
None of the above - tell us below!

Comments (12)

• decodivafl
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

I put in a new contemporary front door (photo from ad for door). It allows more light in the front entryway. Now I need to have it painted.

• willozwisp
    7 years ago

No Tax Refund. Would rather be even or owe. I get use of my monies all year long. Working on a free labor and materials project. Stone in the garden and drive. Rock. Rock balancing. All sizes limited by what I can lift and set. I only use Gravity Glue. Look up Michael Grab. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aC8cBP2dL8A

• Doug Seidlitz
    7 years ago

Priorities are a lawnmower, screen door, and paint.

• Nathalie Renaud
    7 years ago

Add to my RRSPs and pay Municipal taxes

• Caryl Baker
    7 years ago

New porcelain wood look tile with radiant heat throughout the house. Redesign both bathrooms (one with a vanity purchased thru Houzz). And, if I have the energy, plant privacy evergreens in the yard.

• slsdecorator
    7 years ago

Have custom bookshelves built in linrary, after 17 years of doing more "important " projects.

• PRO
    Studio NOO Design
    7 years ago

Change or rebuild my front door

• Justin Madden
    7 years ago

HAHAHAHAHAHA, a tax refund, that is rich! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    7 years ago

I agree with willowzwisp--getting a large tax refund is very poor financial planning. You are providing the government an interest-free loan for 15 months. And they don't deserve it. The best situation is to use your money all year long, and owe the government a small amount at tax time.

• PRO
    RBK Custom Homes LLC
    7 years ago

With my extra pin money....we are rebuilding our brick mail box and

planting additional exotic grasses to complete a landscape project. And less I

forget....new plant bed mulch.

• Suzanne Seale
    2 years ago

Agreed. Bad question. You'd have enough money to do some renovations if you did the right thing by not getting a lot in refund. Besides, who gets a refund when they own a house. Financial smarts are needed to have enough to buy a house. But if I did a project, my first would be insulating the attic.