Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jenn57713

minor question on plant pots

Jennifer
7 years ago
Should i move one or both plant pots to the front of the house? before I ask the hubby to move everything back and forth, figured I'd ask for an opinion! pardon Esther in the pictures...she thinks she's a celebrity

Comments (11)

• Angel 18432
    7 years ago

I thinks it obvious you need to move at least two of the pots to the front door area. Better still, buy two more that are taller and put one each side the front door.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

You need taller pots but I like Esther. Probably taller than her, Princess that she is!

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    thanks everyone!!!
  • chloebud
    7 years ago

Yes...larger pots. Esther is adorable. She should just sit there all the time. ;)

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    while I was out today, I looked at some tall planters for the front door. is there a good guide to how tall/big the planters should be? I left without them because I really wasn't sure
  • PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

I call it the "eye ball" rule! lol. I can't quite tell from your photos, but I would measure from ground level and bottom of stairs to about half way up that bottom part of the railing (baluster). Then with plants in it about 10-12" it would come to about the top of the railing and the bottom step. Something like that. you dn't want it too small because you can see it. I am guessing you need a pot about 24"-30" high. Make sure you buy one where you can put some rocks in the bottom when it is in the right position, to keep it from blowing over in wind, and if you just want to do flowers, they usually have a 6-8" deep planter pan that fits on the top edges. You only need about 6" for annual plants. Something like that. I needs to be able to drain as well or the soil will get sour which is not a good thing. See if that helps.

• Jennifer
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    thank you Flo!
  • Porter Edun
    7 years ago

These are tall and self watering which is nice... with the plants in them (not as planted above for the photo on the site) you would be near 28 to 30". I've only seen them in this color, white and tan however black would be pretty with some sunny colors.

• PRO
    Flo Mangan
    7 years ago

Great photo Porter! Picture is worth a thousand words.

• Porter Edun
    7 years ago

Thanks Flo!