lnberl2

Small Kitchen/Living Room Dilemma! Help!

lnberl2
April 9, 2017
last modified: April 9, 2017

I have recently purchased a house that requires a major overhaul. Its a very small house at 910 sq. ft. The width of the kitchen is 8 ft 6 in. We have knocked out the wall between the kitchen and living room to open up the space. I have played with several different kitchen designs and can't see to find one that works. These are the current specs of the kitchen. Apologies for the bad hand writing. A man took the measurements!

*Note: The sink is on the north side of the kitchen. The plumbing must stay on this wall. This means there is only one place for the dishwasher, which is west of the sink.

The two windows on the east can be removed to allow for a more functional kitchen flow.

The wall at the south end is no longer there, however, the living room is very small too, so I don't want the kitchen spilling into the living room very much.

My parents have expressed a great concern about needing a kitchen table in this space. This table must fit 4 people. (I think this isn't necessary, but for resale, they are insisting there needs to be room).

There is a doorway on the west sit of the kitchen, then an 8 ft 8 in stretch of wall. After this wall ends, it is open to the living room/kitchen area.

PLEASE HELP!! I need to get the cabinets ordered this week!