Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcpherson007

Please help.. with end tables and cocktail table

mcpherson007
7 years ago
Would like to replace ottoman with cocktail table, as wall as end tables for beach condo. I like the ottoman but it is not holding up so well, and the end tables came with the condo. Any ideas appreciated!

Comments (27)

• PRO
    WW Love Your Home
    7 years ago

Hello, I want to say go for a dark wood coffee table and end tables but I see it might clash with your chest of drawers and TV console. Nice place!

mcpherson007 thanked WW Love Your Home
  • acm
    7 years ago

also, I'd try not quite as long and a little bit wider than the current ottoman, as there barely appears to be space to walk around it.

mcpherson007 thanked acm
  • Carol Mullane
    7 years ago
    What are we looking at behind The wicker chairs?
    mcpherson007 thanked Carol Mullane
  • mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Carol, that is a spare bedroom that can be closed off with sliding shutters. I keep it open most of the time. Thanks Pam your idea of pale blue is interesting. I was thinking maybe a driftwood color.

• Carol Mullane
    7 years ago
    How about something like these between the chairs...
  • mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Do you think white works? I was thinking of getting away from the white tables.

• Carol Mullane
    7 years ago
    comes in other colors too

https://www.wayfair.com/August-Grove®-Oreana-End-Table-ATGR2626.html
  • katinparadise
    7 years ago

What do you think of something like this?

The wood has several different tones in it so it doesn't compete with the tones of your rug, chairs, and other case goods.

• mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Very interesting table...where would I find it?
  • mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks Katinparadise
  • della70
    7 years ago

Yes, a driftwood color would balance the blue in the room, and anchor it to the carpet. Like that a lot, 007.

• katinparadise
    7 years ago

You're welcome.

• cpaul1
    7 years ago

I would do a glass coffee table (you already have enough wood going on in there).

• decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Uttermost Driftwood Glass-Top Cocktail Table · More Info
    I would rearrange so the white chair is angled on the corner of the rug near the chest and mirror, leaving space between it and them for navigation to the bedroom. Flank the window with the two wicker chairs, adding a pair of ceramic stools to each of them for tables on which to set a drink. The sofa should sit on the end of the rug opposite the bedroom.

Polo Farm · More Info

River Oaks Residence · More Info

• mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    Thanks decoenthusiast the view to the beach is at the other
    end of the room so we like to face that way, but otherwise I would agree thank you ! I do like the glass and driftwood table.
  • decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago

We didn't see the view in your pix. It is always best to include a shot of every wall. The wicker chairs don't look that comfortable. Are those your favorites for viewing the beach? I think you could switch them with the sofa, if you prefer to sit on it.

• mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Venice Florida · More Info

• mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago

I didn't think to add pics of every wall. That sofa is not as comfortable as the chairs thanks decoenthusiaste

• katinparadise
    7 years ago

Your view is wonderful! I'm in Cape Coral so not too far from you. We tried to go visit Venice one day and it started raining so hard that the whole downtown area was literally flooded. There must have been two inches of water in the road! Now that the snowbirds have left, we'll have to make another trip up.

mcpherson007 thanked katinparadise
  • decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago

I'm afraid I'd rather go to the beach than view it from across a street and parking area, but you are the one who lives there. I'm more of a woods and mountains gal myself.

• mcpherson007
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thanks decoenthusiaste We happen to Love our place at the beach. I wish

we were there more often, glad you would rather be in the woods!

• decoenthusiaste
    7 years ago

Do you own or time share? I have managed vacation rentals from Vegas to the Jersey Shore and am always looking for another property if you ever want to make it pay its way. I know lots of beach lovers who'd snap it right up when you can't be there yourselves. Looks very comfortable and welcoming. How difficult is it to get from there to that stretch of water and beach in the photo?

• KK1000
    7 years ago
    I think industrial style would suit location
    mcpherson007 thanked KK1000
  • jbtanyderi
    7 years ago
    The end tables work well because of their proximity to each sitter. A floor lamp behind the table between the chairs would help.
    mcpherson007 thanked jbtanyderi
  • decoenthusiaste
    6 years ago

Would you consider a 4-chair grouping? If they were all smaller scale swivels the TV could go on the wall and they'd all turn for TV or FP or view outside.

Point Loma Remodel · More Info

Abbyson Living Ravenna Fabric Swivel Glider Recliner Chair in Beige · More Info

Dutailier Minho Upholstered Glider-Recline, Swivel With Footrest · More Info

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022