Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sathork

Thermador vs Miele kitchen appliances?

sathork
6 years ago
I am in the process of selecting appliances for our new home. I am wondering if anyone had any advice with Thermador versus Miele for kitchen appliances they could share? Thank you!

Comments (9)

• sathork
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks MLB Design Group. I am concentrating mostly on the column fridge and freezer, range top and wall oven and steam oven. I will also need dishwasher and warming oven.

• PRO
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    6 years ago

They are both very good brands. I recommend going to the appliance dealer and discussing YOUR needs vis-a-vis what each brand offers. Many people are hung up on a brand. I have a Miele dishwasher but all of my kitchen appliances are not from Miele. Thermador makes a great range but others swear by Wolf etc. Last but not least, once you have your mind semi-made up look on Consumer Reports prior to paying the bill. Good luck with your project, I hope you get the kitchen of your dreams.

• Beth Lewis
    6 years ago

Because we are getting ready to sell our house, I am being forced to replace my double Thermadore wall ovens. 25 years ago, before everyone and his brother wanted stainless steel appliances, I bought white appliances, which, in my opinion, did not break up the look of my beautiful white cabinets. This wall oven could cook with microwave, convection and thermal simultaneously and was a pleasure to use. It's self-cleaning function no longer works, so I have to replace it. The only 24" wall oven made in white is the Miele. Even if I use two single ovens, it will not fill the space in the brick surround left by the Thermadore. I am considering one that is steam and convection and on that is just thermal and convection. Does anybody have experience with these? I notice that, ironically, there is no self-clean feature on either of these ovens.

• steviejohn
    5 years ago

My entire kitchen is Thermador. I purchased the appliances 5 years ago for our new house.. We spent well over $30 000 on the kitchen. We are now in the process of building another home and I think that we will use Miele as I am not happy with the durability of Thermador. We deliberately paid for a high end brand because we thought that they would last. I have a steam oven and a convection oven. I haven't had many problems with either (although - our hood fan has been problematic and tonite our dishwasher started malfunctioning). If I had to do it all over, I wouldn't purchase the steam oven - it's ALOT of $ and we don't use it very often. The interior is quite small because of the steam feature. The convection oven hasn't broken down, but it bakes unevenly.. So much for going high end.

• HKO HKO
    5 years ago
    No experience with Thermador, but we have the Miele fridge column, induction cooktop, oven, and dishwasher. 1.5 years old. Just paid a $300 service call because a part broke on the dishwasher. They gave us the part “for free” but wouldn’t comp the service as it was out of warranty. Otherwise I’m happy with all of them.
  • Heather
    5 years ago

I have a new Thermador steam oven and I love it! I bake bread though. Also, mass produces hard boiled eggs perfectly for Easter. Regenerates leftovers, can steam an entire meal all at once. Miele has a higher rated steam oven - options with plumbing and a broiler, but I didn’t need those features.

• Naga Ambalavanar
    2 years ago

Naga Ambalavanar

I have all appliances in the kitchen are by Thermador and spent around $30000. Now all appliances have issues and very expensive to fix. No reliability, poor service. Poor support system. Almost five years now, problems since bought.

• JJ Mekai
    2 years ago

@Naga Ambalavanar, thank you for your comments about the Thermador appliances. Would you be willing to elaborate on the types of issues for each appliance? It would be helpful for those of us that will choose different brands for different appliances.