Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alcapulco

Realist beige by SW----yeh or nay???

alcapulco
6 years ago
going nuts-- found a greige rhat is light and bright. agree???

Comments (114)

• emmarene9
    6 years ago

I'd say you made a good choice.

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    the sofa has arrived. now for paint color---area rug and the question of 2 ottomans opposite the chaise to even out the balance. advice???
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

I would do neutral ottomans not teal..a soft ivory linen would be beautiful! That way if you ever want to change up your pillows you don't have to worry about those teal ottomans..also with your wall of beautiful white shutters behind the sofa it will balance things out with the neutral ottomans.

alcapulco thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • PRO
    The Nielsen Collection
    6 years ago
    Nice also one of my go to colors is drift of mist by SW
    alcapulco thanked The Nielsen Collection
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks. Even though my sofa is gray u would pick off white?? 2 side by side??

• PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Yes it would be beautiful

this room is much more Glam in style but the colors are the same..the light stools add a sophistication to the space.

• PRO
    The Nielsen Collection
    6 years ago
    The color of the granite will complement green shades so if you like a lighter gray I would suggest Drift of Mist by SW OR Crushed Ice. Both very light with a hint of green depending on the light color temp in your home. They work best with a 4000 LED, if you use a 3000 LED the Drift of mist will go warmer. Also Anew Gray by SWilliams is also good for a warmer tone. But when working with grays lighting is sooooooo important. And all lights in the space need to be the same color temp.
  • PRO
    The Nielsen Collection
    6 years ago
    If you like Drift of Mist, Eider white is a good trim color. I would do ceiling same as wall and if you like crushed ice I would trim with Extra White all by SW
  • PRO
    The Nielsen Collection
    6 years ago
    I think the white ottomans would be a good choice or black no colors
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thank u for all the good info. color of area rug??? i want to stay seaside comfy--i was thinking of jute. would a deeper gray tinged jute work? do u agrer with a chair rather than 2 ottomans??
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Two soft white ottomans and a natural colored Jute rug is best that is how you get that seaside feel adding very organic items...and textures

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Almost there----now to pick a chair. i was going with ottomans but a comfy chair better??? im the coastal look girl. should i puck a gray/white stripe??? it'll be back to wall color next!!
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    what about having back and seat cushions made in a gray/white stripe for this??
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

For a more beach feel rather than transitional I would add a white slipcovered chair with a wicker side table...or add two white slipcovers ottomans....add some neutral pillows onto your sofa to lighten up the color palette....think light and airy.....add a big white shell on the coffee table with a couple candle glass holders with rope handles...

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    sounds wonderful. i founs smooth stone for a light paint color--thats next.
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    im back still looking for paint. i bought a balboa paint swatch and it looks light and greige. agree??
  • wisneb
    6 years ago

I had the paint deck for a while but concluded Balboa Mist looked too warm and pinky.

• wisneb
    6 years ago

How about a sample of Perfect Greige? I went with Mega Greige but wish I would have gone with Perfect Greige.

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    I'll check it out---thanks
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

If you want light and more beach feel or style..go light with Alabaster White or BM Baby fawn

• DH
    6 years ago

Pretty room! Following... :-)

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    i think my dilemma is the fact that my home faces west. all the windows have shutters which is essential here in the west. so we get reflected light all the time.
  • tphilly
    6 years ago
    @crimson525 I just painted the walls in our open concept Balboa Mist - it is perfection. Not gray, not beige; warm, but cool. Attaching a picture in front of the one southern window, but we mainly have northern exposure.
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thanks for your beautiful picture. helps alot
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    balboa mist
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    hopefully it wont look pinkish
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Look at SW Worldly gray too if you still haven't made a decision..my entire home is Worldly gray and it it light and neutral goes with everything.

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thanks--ill get a sample today. so confusing
  • PRO
    Attaway Homes
    6 years ago

I love the look of your sectional and rug! They look great! Good luck with the paint!! But stay in the warm tones with your flooring and stone.

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thank u. yes, i totally agree--warm is an absolute. might get realistic beige mixed at 50% and check out other colors recommended
  • DH
    6 years ago

I feel your pain. It is confusing—light grey/beige colors are some of the hardest colors to select besides white because they are influenced so much by their ambient surroundings. You are doing the right thing to test them all out in your own space. What looks great in someone else's home is certainly worth a try, but you have to try it for yourself to know if it will work in your space. Keep trying! I'm sure certain colors will start to eliminate themselves from consideration, and then you will have a choice between 2-3 colors, all of which could work. Hang in there!

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    thanks for your words. so true--- i need a greige with a good LRV. and it's going through out the LR--DR--KITCHEN and corridor. little by little. my problem is that im so picky and anal. (:
  • redsilver
    6 years ago

Hey, that is how one creates a home they never want to leave!! And no on else will either?? Lol.. This is a great space to enjoy with different themes. Love your couch chaise...looks so inviting.

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    well-------here's Balboa Mist. i started to paint what i could reach. then comes the painter
  • DH
    6 years ago

That looks great in the photos! How are you liking it?

• Harper
    6 years ago
    Following
  • kulrn
    6 years ago

Looks good!

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    love it. so much brighter and a subtle greige look.
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    before and after. im getting there
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    so far. still may tweak a few things when all is done. im pooped!! the handymans turn is next
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    sorry about his watches! on the mantle
  • tphilly
    6 years ago
    Looking fab crimson525!
  • DH
    6 years ago

Must feel great to be getting done! :-)

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    finallyyyyy -- all the accessories will be a piece of cake compared to picking paint swatches. now for a glass if wine!
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    one more picture when its all done. thrn to the next room.
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    OMG----- finally paint is done.now-----over the door im thinking of this light. ???
  • alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    artcraft light
  • PRO
    Home Interiors with Ease
    6 years ago

Are you still trying for a beach style?

• alcapulco
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    rustic cottage
  • Sharon Berglund
    5 years ago
    My neighbor has Realist Beige in her bedroom and it’s beautiful. I’m torn between Shiitake, Accessible Beige and Realist Beige. I like Collanade gray too but prefer a cool beige rather than a warm gray. I’ve had 10 samples on my wall. My kitchen has similar granite with brown the dominant color and we have dark oak cabinets. Dark gray couch.