0

Newbie needs curb appeal advice

chris tran
What can I do to my house to give it some curb appeal? I was thinking some kind of stone on my walls up to the window sills. But other than that I'm pretty clueless.
Also, would a lean to pergola from my garage out look good? I've attached pictures. Garage is last pic, building on the right.

First, I would mulch the lawn area. Try to save the plants you have if they are perennials. Then do something like this...

Bring your garden out to the curb…no need to fill the entire area. The right mulch can add lots of interest. Keep it light and absolutely NO RED MULCH! Can you tell what I think of that? : > )

Lawn Less Front Yard Design by Shirley Bovshow of EdenMakersBlog.com · More Info
    As for a pergola, it would be a good investment as you have that great paved area to use as a patio.

• decoenthusiaste

If you can afford a pergola to span the entire area between the garage and the little flat roofed building it would be fabulous and would increase your seasonal living area so much.

Hidden Desert South · More Info

Cary Bernstein Architect Potrero Residence · More Info

• Irene Morresey
    Some ideas on your front porch, cute house
  • Irene Morresey
    I think your landscaping needs to be more substantial, a couple of nice trees in the front lawn, definitely a pergola on the side of house and plenty of greenery, especially along that back fence. Lots of potential