jbax

Buying land with a radio tower. How to get rid of it?

jbax

So, this is a little out there, but I bet some of you wonderful people have either experience with this or can point me in the right direction. I am in the process of working out a deal on a piece of land and will be getting it for well under market value. The parcel is right at 6 acres, prime location, wooded perimeter with cleared landing, neighboring parcels have multi-million dollar homes built. I seriously could not ask for a better piece of land. I will know before the end of June if it is going to work out.

The one tiny issue is that smack dab in the middle of the property is a radio tower. We aren't talking some rinky dink 75 or 100 foot tower. No, sir. This sucker is a 360 foot tall guyed tower. How does one go about removing such a thing?

Sure, I could get some buddies, a couple of trucks and try to fell it like a tree, but I am guessing that is not the best option. Does anyone have any guidance they can bestow upon someone who is clueless in this area?