Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mrykbee

Help! Which Sample Whites for New England Colonial.

mrykbee
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi everybody. What are 5-10 or so creamy whites I should sample for the trim in my home? The front door faces East and the house doesn't get very good light--especially the front/back living room in the winter. I'm not a fan of gray or super bright white or anything industrial looking, so I guess I'm looking for "creamy" and "traditional" recommendations appropriate to a "New England Arts and Crafts Colonial."

The entire first floor and stairs will be repainted or papered so don't try to match what is there. I've noted what is staying.

Here are pictures from various spots inside:

Kitchen floor, Kitchen cabinets, Flooring in rest of house (all will stay):

Counters and more realistic kitchen light most of the time:

Back door off kitchen:

Living Room always feels dark--everything will go except the coffee table and radiator covers. This carpet is a temporary placeholder and will be moved to the entry hall (I already threw the big one out):

Ha ha my daughter's feet.

And this antique Persian carpet will come to this room now that my kids are grown and dogs are trained:

Fireplace has been partially scraped of peeling paint and reddish brown tile will stay (in person it's prettier than this picture shows) but sconces can be changed:

Radiator covers throughout house and are staying. I do like my curtains but I'm not sure if they're staying or not:

So the Living Room will take cues from this blueish antique carpet, the radiator covers, fireplace, and my random inherited Asian furniture.

Entry Hall Stairs from the living room angle

Dining room wallpaper definitely going:

Edit: Oops I copied in the wrong DR photo and it won't let me edit to put in the right photo. I'll post below.

Regardless, It has to look right with a lot of plants:

So what I'm looking for, is advice on which sample jars to buy. There are thousands of them and I'm so confused.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Maruca Design / Build
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Exceptional Residential Design and Remodeling Services in Fairfax