Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
connie_wiener

Help need w/paint color in kitchen --putting house on market

Connie Wiener
6 years ago

I need an uplifting neutral color in my kitchen to go with cabinets that are BM Cloud White, Namibia Green granite, back-splash is Smoke (a grey/green), adjacent room is a depressing grey green and a 2 story hallway in Golden Straw we are hoping to not tackle -- help! I just tried samples of French Canvas, and White Dove to try to brighten up my space. They are just not right. HELP if you can, please.

Comments (13)

• PRO
    Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
    6 years ago

Paint the walls the same white as the cabinets.

Connie Wiener thanked Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID
  • Connie Wiener
    Original Author
    6 years ago

You are so awesome! Thank you for commenting so quickly. I have some left over cloud white to try. If I convince my husband to repaint the 2story foyer steps... should I continue with the Cloud White too? I'm sure buyers will prefer it to Golden Straw (hall/steps..) & my Golden Tan Dining Room

• kcccrn *
    6 years ago
    Yes, I would continue the Cloud White.
    Connie Wiener thanked kcccrn *
  • PRO
    415 design+build
    6 years ago

I like to do white walls when white cabs are involved. doing a contrasting color has a way of breaking up the space too much, imo.

Good luck with the selling!

Connie Wiener thanked 415 design+build
  • Connie Wiener
    Original Author
    6 years ago

FYI for those interested in updating their kitchen... but have previously purchased granite and feel they can't start over: my base cabinets are 20 year old builders grade which I converted to drawers with IKEA products; my wall cabinets are IKEA Akurum, and my fridge surround are IKEA Sektion (because they change midway thru my purchases) -- All tied together with custom doors from Allstyle Cabinet Doors an awesome & patient company with which to deal.

• PRO
    6 years ago

I would use the Cloud White in the flat finish and use it everywhere you want to repaint.

• Connie Wiener
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I am so grateful...one and all. And thank you for your good wishes.

• Connie Wiener
    Original Author
    6 years ago

UPDATE: We did paint the Kitchen, DR, Foyer & Hall all BM Cloud White. It's perfect, clean, neat, & creamy - like new construction. (Be careful BM White Cloud & BM Cloud White are two different colors!) All appear larger. Thank you again, one & all. If interested here are listing pics.

• Brenda
    6 years ago

Beautiful home!

Connie Wiener thanked Brenda
  • PRO
    6 years ago

Beautiful home which should sell rapidly! If you have questions about your next house and want to let us know about it, please post a link to the next dilemma here so that we can find it.

• Connie Wiener
    Original Author
    5 years ago

BTW, Carolyn Albert-Kincl, ASID, you were right. House sold full price on third day, last November. Thanks for your help. You helped make it happen.

Wish you were closer. I'd love to return the favor and hire you to help with a small reno/addition we are planning in NJ. Any suggestions on how to hire the right designer?

• PRO
    5 years ago

I'm delighted to get that news, Connie! If you have friends in NJ, talk to them about designers they have used. . Or check out the designers in your area listed on Houzz. Look at the photos they have posted, pick 2 or 3 whose work you like, then talk to them.

If it's a really tiny project, we could discuss it via email. My email is carolynalbertkincl@gmail.com