Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
1mellany

White cabinet paint to match white appliances

1mellany
6 years ago

Painting oak cabinets white to match appliances. I want a seamless look - what is the color of white paint that will match the white appliances.

Comments (12)

• PRO
    PPF.
    6 years ago

There is no universal white appliance color, nor is there a universal matching paint color.

You will need to identify your appliances -- maybe someone else has already done this.

You might take some small part to your local paint store so they could match it.

1mellany thanked PPF.
  • greenacresmama
    6 years ago

Yes! But btw- I give you my full support! Favorite kitchen types! Personally if you had trouble I would go for the cabinets to have the off white vs having them be whiter than appliances.. just me though. And it depends a whole lot on what else is going on like flooring too.. you might want to list that or give a picture too.. I break white up into lots of tones but a clear one is warm vs cool..

1mellany thanked greenacresmama
  • PRO
    Yours by Design
    6 years ago

Excellent answer, I agree. Make sure they dry down a sample so you can compare the color. Also you need to get the paint sample in the same sheen that you intend to paint the cabinets. the sheen can effect the color.

1mellany thanked Yours by Design
  • 1mellany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you so much for all of your responses! Love the support because I have almost backed out several times on this, but we are suffering from oak overload! These are very good quality cabinets, so I did not want to mess it up. This was all here when we bought house 10 years ago. Plus, the braid trim that you see was everywhere - even around door frames and rosettes! I am still contemplating taking the rest off for a classic look. Last year, I finally painted oak trim and baseboards BM Navajo White. My husband is finally for painting the oak cabinets, so I am striking while the iron is hot. We are hiring someone who does it regularly as well. I have painted several strips of poster board with different whites. Most appear dirty next to it except The valspar sample straight out of the jar with nothing added to it - I think this is valspar ultra white matches the best. I painted one coat on the vent over the stove to try it. Plus therare 3 samples by microwave and oven. I have oak Bruce hardwood floors and gray marble looking laminate countertops with grays, khaki and white. I like them and we have to keep them for now anyway.

Attached are some pics - I posted these quickly so pardon the mess. Oh and those are not real plates on the wall in 1st pic - they are paint samples for the yellow and red walls on the back of paper plates. (L-R) BM Beach Glass, BM Solitude, and SW Silver Strand. I am looking forward to the new colors and hopefully a bright seamless look. Please feel free to advise me.

• greenacresmama
    6 years ago
    I think the curves with white are going to look very sweet! Personally I really love the curves, but interestingly.. only when mostly painted white or other country colors! Not sure how much storage there is in there that is helpful, but you said "overload"... cautiously just suggesting, maybe you would consider how much light would fill the space if you could take some uppers down (only neatly! If not then just keep.) right around the sink area and add some open dishes or plants or something else, tea canisters.. or nothing, maybe art. Just for some more help with overload and some light and airy feelings.
    1mellany thanked greenacresmama
  • 1mellany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you so much for your advice - it turned out to beautifully! I will post before and after pics soon!

• 1mellany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

• 1mellany
    Original Author
    6 years ago

They did not post before like I thought. So sorry for that. Thank you for your help. We love it!

• brigantina18
    6 years ago

Which white color did you end up using? Does it go well with your appliances? What brand appliances do you have. I am dealing with the same dilemma and will appreciate your reply. Thanks

• PRO
    Yours by Design
    6 years ago

Looks fabulous, congratulations.l

• 1mellany
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I tried so many whites and Valspar white base paint + primer with no added color - just right off the shelf- matched perfectly- Valdosta ultra white satin if that helps. I hv kitchen aid oven, Samsung microwave because it fit the space when our other died, kenmore fridge and dishwasher- that white matched it all. BM- Revere Pewter is the wall color. We absolutely love it!!!

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County