0

Curb Appeal! My House Got a Facelift!

clsz
My husband and I had remodeled our house on the inside and felt it was time to update the outside. I took photos of Craftsman house that had features I really liked. I also spent hours on HOUZZ looking at photos and printing out the features I really liked. After about 2 years of research I took all of my ideas and pictures to Ron Brown, a respected builder in our community and said "here is what I want now make it my house". Together we made our dream house come true. In the end all we added was a porch and paint but the results is amazing! I love the way people drive by and say "we heard about your house and had to come see it. " Thanks HOUZZ for all of your inspiration.

• Sally Villeneuve
    Amazing job! Congratulations!
  • Scott H
    This is such a great idea! There are so many homes just like there almost everywhere and you've added so much character to the home. The colors of the house juxtaposed against the backdrop trees are fantastic.
  • Nancy
    Beautiful. I love that the 'old' house is still represented in the 'new'. If I didn't live here in Australia, I'd be driving by your house just to admire it, too! In fact, I'd be driving by so often, you'd probably have to have me arrested for stalking! :)
  • lisagirlau
    Wow! It's amazing what a porch and paint can do! You should be very proud! It looks fantastic!!!
  • sbrustein
    Such a big impact for relatively modest budget. So nice !!
    Dreamworks
    Looks good.
  • Teresa Anton
    Wow! Nice!
    Hines & Associates
    It looks stunning! Love the color of the house against the stone. What a fantastic make over. Well done...
  • Kay Alaysa
    What a transformation! The before photo look so busy with different material and style. The after photo pops with that blue and accents with that red bench and wooden entry door.
    123 Remodeling Inc.
    What a transformation! Looks beautiful. Add a lot of class to the house.
    Harmoni Designs, LLC
    Night and day! Very nice change.
    Dawson & Clinton
    Adding the porch made all the difference. Great Work.
    CMR Interiors & Design Consultations Inc.
    Good to see people willing to save old houses with a proper face lift. I can't stand cheap fixes.
  • halfpint2
    Beautiful!!
  • Susan Lowry_Lamb
    Gosh, facelift is an understatement. AWESOME!!!!!
  • Eileen
    Fabulous transformation!!
  • Jolene
    Wow! Looks sophisticated and beautiful!
    Michael Lee, Inc
    wonderful facelift!!!
  • 22feetover
    Wow! You saw the possibility and made it happen! Now you have a very happy house.
  • K
    Wow!! Really simple & added so much to the home!!!
  • fergi ferguson
    This is beautiful! Very classy!
  • Julie Vazquez
    Great transformation and I love the color!
  • adrians1
    Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing!
    Gray & Walter, Ltd.
    Congratulations!
  • k3llysu3

Could you tell me the size of your porch? We are preparing to add a porch onto our ranch. We our planning on 8 feet out, not sure what the length is. I love the transformation by the way; Looks amazing!

Kemora Landscapes

Job well done!!

Talianko Design Group, LLC

I believe "facelift" is a bit of an understatement!

SBA Studios

Looks like a completely different house, very nice!

• bungalowmo

This is absolutely adorable!!!! Sometimes, folks want to turn one thing into something way off the mark. This is the perfect example of someone taking a nondescript rancher & giving it a totally cute (and more importantly, believable) update/facelift/makeover.

Nice job!!!!

• rinda
    Wow! The transformation is amazing. I bet it is the best home on the block :-)!
  • Kivi

An old post but Wow. Great job.

Colorado Window Source & More

It looks amazing! I am so happy that you did your research and it paid off in the end :)

• krosenbush

We love this! Great job - Can you share the name/ brand of the blue color you used?Thanks!

• Tony Montana

Beautiful!!! I would have made at least a 2 car garage if you doing all these renovations. Is a house this small worth dumping money like this into?

Tracy Jones Broker at RE/MAX Excellence

Well done! I love the colors and the tapered columns!

Pacific Coast Custom Design

All that researched paid off! Your house looks beautiful!

• Brenda Wisner

I can't believe it's the same house! You did an amazing job!

• quiltmaven

Looks great but STILL no response on the paint color as asked by several people. I too would like to know what was the paint color and from whom did it come? Sherwin Williams? Behr? Benjamin Moore?

• charaj00
    The landscaping and curved walk way are the icing on the cake. Congratulations. Your house is beautiful.
    Stecki Construction

Looks fantastic! Love the front porch! The colors are perfect for the home!