Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
candice_e_dacosta

Can anyone tell me what this is?? Stain? Manufacturing defect?

We just had our quartz countertops installed and found this! Is it a stain and what can we use to clean it? I can see veining through it, so it has to be a stain. I've tried an eraser and regular soap and water. Also could this be a manufacturing defect?? We have the calacutta vicenza.

Comments (4)

• User
    6 years ago

Resin pooling. If it's bigger than a quarter, it is a manufacturing defect. Unless it was bought as seconds.

• candice_e_dacosta
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Is there a way to fix this? We are talking to the counters guy tomorrow.
  • PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Sophie is correct.

If the larger spot isn't too deep, the edge could be ripped off and refinished on site. The smaller one could be ground out; a methacrylate repair would be inconspicuous, especially that low on the edge.

You may find [this thread [(https://www.houzz.com/discussions/countertop-brought-in-repaired-help-advice-dsvw-vd~4759162?n=33)useful.

• candice_e_dacosta
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you Joseph for the response. The counter guys will be coming today and my husband will address it. Worse come to worse, this is covered technically under the warranty as the large spot is greater than a dime, and the small one is greater than a quarter.

Really, how no one noticed this or bother to tell us this while they were cutting it is beyond me....