Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angel18432

Did houzz just change the layout of the site or did i do something

Angel 18432
6 years ago

Just signed in and things are looking different. Did I do something or did they change things up. Thank you to my friendly houzz posters.

Comments (29)

• emmarene9
    6 years ago

I see it too Angel.

Angel 18432 thanked emmarene9
  • PRO
    JudyG Designs
    6 years ago

Several changes…I have lost track of some of my favorites. And I see so many names I do not recognize, which is fine…glad there are newcomers, but why am I not running into familiars?

Angel 18432 thanked JudyG Designs
  • Rina
    6 years ago

Yes, I now see a very long, confusing, difficult to negotiate list of dilemmas with no indications of any pictures, and the new and current posts all muddled up. I may give up trying to find ones I might be able to comment on. And the frequent commenters list is full of names entirely strange to me.

Angel 18432 thanked Rina
  • hatetoshop
    6 years ago

Rina, not sure if this is the issue, but to see the photo attached to the dilemma:

Click on Stories and Advice/Design Dilemma upper right hand of page. Then there is a "View" box, midway down the page on the right-hand side. There are two bars and three bars in the box. Click on the two bars.

This will show the photos with the original post.

Angel 18432 thanked hatetoshop
  • jonio
    6 years ago
    I used to be able to double click at the bottom of the screen and I would be taken to the very last post of a thread. Not anymore... it was handy for an extremely long thread.
  • Snaggy
    6 years ago

It did this a few weeks ago then went back again to the original lay out ..I dont like this lay out :(

• Judy Mishkin
    6 years ago

i can click on houzz on my favorites bar 10 times in a day, and each time get a different view. i actually dont have a preference.

• PRO
    Cinar Interiors, Inc.
    6 years ago

It's funny, I'm at a different office and on another computer and the site has changed. My main office and computer still have the old setting. I kind of like this layout since I can choose specific topics for the design dilemma section.

• eliznewjersey
    6 years ago

I'm not able to post anything -- I have a design dilemma I want to post and it won't let me.

• auntthelma
    6 years ago

I couldn't post either. I wanted to say that the fact that each thread opens a new internet window is annoying. So, if I read 5 threads, I have to then close 5 separate internet windows.

I may be gone now. I can't follow. Can't post. And can't find the threads I was following.

• Rina
    6 years ago

Thanks, Hatetoshop. What I meant was the little icon that indicated whether there would be a picture to be seen when you click on that dilemma. I've had another look and found it -- it's much less obvious now. Never mind, I'll get used to that. But I really don't like the way that the directory of dilemmas seems to go on and on and on and on and on. I preferred the "pages" organisation. Perhaps they're trying to make it less likely for a worthy dilemma to disappear altogether if neglected? Don't think it will do that, though. I must say, alas, that I've found each redesign tends to make it a little less user friendly.

• auntthelma
    6 years ago

OK - how do you go to the next page? I see maybe 20 dilemmas and then it ends. I can't go to the next page.

• chiflipper
    6 years ago

HATE this "new" format.

• PRO
    User
    6 years ago

I generally don't have a problem with new site updates. However, what I don't like is every time I select a new dilemma it opens up in an entirely new window. So many tabs to close!

• hatetoshop
    6 years ago

Due to a combination of my poor memory and Houzz's constant changes, I can't remember what the site looked like last week or even yesterday.

• jhmarie
    6 years ago

auntthelma - I have that same problem when I use Safari, but not when I use Chrome - then I can just keep scrolling down.

• Rina
    6 years ago

Auntthelma, I don't see any next page. I scroll and eventually stop scrolling because who wants to reach infinity? It's scary. I like to be able to decide how many new (By the way, I'm on PC. I think our experiences differ in various strange and horrid ways depending on how we access Houzz.)

When my page suggests I'm on 'unanswered questions' I get a short string of those and then it switches to active dilemmas ad infinitum. I would rather stick with unanswered questions when that is what I'm interested in. You could find something worthwhile but neglected on page three or four. No longer. The force is not with you.

• Rina
    6 years ago

Oh, lovely. I went to notify Houzz of this thread and I could no longer find how to do that. I've never been brilliant at finding the right clicker to click, but I've always managed before. Anyone worked out how to complain to Houzz now? Just send them the URL of this thread to check out.

(In the dark ages, I lectured for a while in Communication Studies. This just breaks my academic heart.)

• hatetoshop
    6 years ago

Rina, at the bottom this page, listed under "Company" is the option to "Contact Us". Then submit a request. Good luck!

• hatetoshop
    6 years ago

Of course, it depends on how you're accessing Houzz whether or not my advise is applicable!

• Rina
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Been there. Done that. You now have to fight your way through an extraordinary list of options to find the click to click. I couldn't find it.

• auntthelma
    6 years ago

I also cannot open my notifications. It says I have 22 comments on threads I've joined. But I can't open the bell to see what they are.

• PRO
    Lissee Interiors
    3 years ago

May I ask WHY? Geeze, went on my site and it does not exist any more.....just a cover page that has nothing to do with me......when did this happen? And again WHY?

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Use a different browser. If you are on Mac and Safari? Try Firefox. I don't use an app on the phone for this......AT ALL.

I WISH like hell they'd just leave the site alone. Last evening? They "were doing maintenance" at 8:00 EST....... "we'll be back shortly" ahahahahaha yeah, with some hugely UN improved "improvement"

" If it aint broken? Don't be fixing" Spare us..

• Kathy Furt
    3 years ago

Houssz IT is the WORST!! I don’t know how you close all these files as I just use my phone. Under notifications I will see 5 times the same thread. Drives me crazy

• Mary Elizabeth
    3 years ago

I am having the same issues with the notifications! Just in case anyone who can fix the problems is actually reading these comments, I would like to register my biggest complaint regarding changes to Houzz. The photos! When this site was new, the photos were incredible! When you did a search, you would get hundreds of pics that fit the filters you selected. Now? The pictures are MUCH smaller, most of them don't match the filters, and the same ones repeat every one or 2 pages. Extremely disappointing and frustrating!

• PRO
    JAN MOYER
    3 years ago

WHEN ....you desire to morph to Amazon? You forget to "dance with the girl who brought you."

You're seeing it, folks. Sorry, but you are. It's a selling site.

• Mary Elizabeth
    3 years ago

Yes, Jan. Amazon has the WORST results from their "sort" features. On purpose!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths