Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
takako_register

Align the Light to the Mirror or Sink for an Offset Sink?

Kenji Krafting
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi - we are remodeling our master bathroom, and need your advice as to the placement of the lighting fixture. The previous owner's custom cabinet is 7' long with 4 sections, and had a tall cabinet above the far left section (see 'Before' photo). The mirror was above the 3 sections on the right, and the light (the same light as the one you see in the mirror reflection) and sink were aligned, and centered on the mirror. In this project, we removed the cabinet on the countertop (see After photo), which was constituting a shower stall wall. A clear glass shower door/wall will be installed to the left of the vanity. A large framed mirror will be centered on the vanity. The problem is that the light and sink will no longer be centered on the mirror. The sink cannot be moved because of the drawers. So, I suppose my options are: (1) continue to have the light and sink aligned, but look off-centered relative to the mirror, or (2) center the light on the mirror, and let the sink look off-centered. Both are awkward to me, but which do you think is less wired? Or any other ideas? The sink is not a typical offset sink where the sink is on one side with a wide opening on the other side. It's almost in the center, but off by about 6" as if someone made a mistake...I am not sure what to do.

Comments (7)