marialyssa

In2aqua kitchen faucet VS Brizo, Rubinet, California faucets

marialyssa

I am wondering which kitchen faucets are meant to be most durable with a good customer service. I am interested in Chrome, but California Faucets does not offer lifetime warranty for non-PVD finishing. So I am more interested in in2aqua or Rubinet. Yet, considering the labor cost incurred from repair and installation, California Faucet has a very good customer service which pay for the labor cost. Overall, which brand is most durable and least expensive in maintenance?

• Anne Duke

I can attest to Brizo, which is a Delta product. Their CS is phenomenal. Having said that, I previously had a Hansgrohe which never needed service at all.

marialyssa thanked Anne Duke
  • marialyssa

Thanks, Anne. I thought about Hansgrohe, but I heard that its warranty is only valid if it is installed and repaired by professional plumber which we do not need as my husband is an engineer and loves DIY even for repair and installation. If it does not need any service at all, it is a different matter, though. Is there anyone who had problems with Hansgrohe and needed warranty?

• JH Ag

I checked on their website. California Faucets does offer lifetime warranty for Polished Chrome finish.

marialyssa thanked JH Ag
  • marialyssa

Thanks. I noti
    ced it yesterday as well. I also found that ceramic disc cartridge is under lifetime warranty, however other cartridges such as

Diverter; thermostatic and pressure balance cartridge has only 3 years warranty. Does it have anything to do with kitchen single faucet? Warranty does not cover labor charge either.

• Belaria

I know this is a really old post, but for anyone doing research in 2020 and beyond on these faucet brands mentioned by the OP, I'd like to add the following:

• In2Aqua kitchen faucets with the pull-down spouts have spiral metal hoses inside that make a loud noise when being pulled out and retracted. These faucets get outstanding reviews by StarCraft Custom Builders who do extensive coverage of all major faucet brands, but the noise issue is something I really cannot live with in my own kitchen. I'm sure the non-pullouts are just fine. I've see several of these in person at a showroom in Oklahoma City.
    • Brizo faucets also get generally good reviews, but if you'll go on Amazon, you'll see that some of the models have recurring problems. The cute Brizo kitchen faucet with the slim hose for an arc tends to fall forward down into the sink and not stay where it is put, for example, a problem noted by multiple reviewers. Brizo is a Delta brand, and you'll see plenty of reviews about the plastic insides of the Delta kitchen faucets failing in time on some models. I have Delta faucets exclusively in my own house right now, and one has given us unending trouble (the kitchen) while the others have been reliable (bathroom Cassidy in champagne bronze), so mileage varies. I'm a little hesitant to invest in Brizo when there are other brands known to source some of the highest quality components available and make all critical working parts of metal for a few hundred dollars more per faucet than Brizo would cost, just my own conclusion on the matter.
    • Rubinet is a compelling company. They seem to have all the quality of the In2Aqua brand, for instance, but I'll need further research to find if the hoses are quieter on their kitchen pull-down models. This could end up being my final choice for our new kitchen renovation.
    • California Faucets have beautiful styles, but reviewers have noted that the finishes are sometimes starting to chip within months of installation, and customer service isn't always the greatest with this company if you believe the reviews. Nevertheless, I'm sure plenty of people have also had good results with this brand. Really research the finishes and which ones are more durable with this brand before investing, if you choose this route.
  • Renee C

This post for Belaria,

Thanks for sharing your own experience. I, myself read Starcraft custom builder’s review and was pretty set on Brizio’s lithe bridge faucet until I read few negative reviews here.

You had mentioned some comparable brands that has all metal parts, would you mind dropping few names?

• Belaria

@Renee C To answer your question very quickly in regard to kitchen faucets, In2Aqua and Rubinet are supposed to be a couple of the few companies that still make all the important working parts of their faucets of metal, and I'm sure there are a few other high-end, very expensive brands that do as well if you have a big budget for faucets, like check out The Galley Tap ($1,600 starting price for stainless steel finish), Waterstone (around $1,800 for the popular model 5500) , and KWC (whose former president split off and started In2Aqua). I viewed several In2Aqua faucets in a showroom in person in late 2019 and am almost sure that one of the pull-out models had a plastic handle, but it wasn't a style that interested me, so I didn't pay much attention. All In2Aqua's pull-down models on display did have metal exterior parts, so use caution if you want to go with the "pull-out" style with the longer handle-type retractable hose design with In2Aqua as far as plastic parts. The idea is that plastic handles don't burn the user when hot water is running, but on the other hand the finish on the plastic components doesn't wear the same as the metal finishes do.

To go more in depth on finding a reliable faucet that doesn't break the budget, I've spent a lot of time with the @StarCraft Custom Builders reviews and comparing their top brands to reviews at other websites like Amazon and Houzz. What I'm finding is similar to what you have found, that some of the brands rated highly by StarCraft don't get good longevity reviews elsewhere. For example, Delta (and its sub-line Brizo) is a brand StarCraft rates highly due to the Diamond Seal Technology cartridges and other forward-leaning technologies, but a lot of reviewers are posting about worn-out parts or leaks within just a few years on even the Diamond Seal faucets. Moen has a particular reputation for leaks in reviews of a number of its popular faucets even though its overall quality and customer service seems to edge out Delta's based on reviews. DISCLAIMER: I know that some Houzz posters are going to get angry if they read what I just wrote about Delta and Moen and quote me and post rebuttals and whatnot, but I'm the one who has to live with the faucets I'm about to buy for my kitchen, and this is my own personal take on the reviews as a whole, which the previous commenter asked about, so that's why I'm sharing my honest opinion that I've become cautious of Delta and Moen after my time researching.

Moving on with the StarCraft vs. other website reviews issue, one of the brands I'd love to be able to consider is Kohler because they have some unique kitchen faucet designs that are in a better price range than Waterstone's designs which are also appealing. StarCraft acknowledges that Kohler has had a pretty bright history in the plumbing industry save for a few labor disputes, but the fact is that Kohler has been outsourcing more and more of the production that it used to do in the United States, and quality has fallen in recent times--hard to know if outsourcing is the cause or something else--which is seen in reviews of the products. You'll see reviews on faucets where multiple people are having the same issue, and Kohler knows about it and may even be backordered on repair kits, but they still keep selling the same faucet year after year with no design alteration, or so it would seem from reviews. Kohler faucets aren't exactly cheap, with many starting around the $500 mark, and people who have had early failures with these faucets have been upset to have paid so much and not gotten a quality product. I'm wary about Kohler but haven't completely crossed it off.

Hansgrohe is supposed to be a great company, but a lot of reviewers have complained that their faucets lack aerators and resultingly splash excessively. I tried a working Hansgrohe in a showroom recently and wasn't overly impressed, but again, I haven't crossed off this brand. The one pull-down model I tried had a weak flow and automatically flipped back from spray to stream when the faucet was turned off (The Galley Tap works that way, too). It's personal preference, but I like the spray to stay on until I turn it off. Dornbracht is another European company like Hansgrohe that has historically had a good reputation, but I've read reviews of people having difficulty installing Dornbracht and an even harder time getting warranty service, so it's just not worth it to me with several other brands that could be considered for a US-based consumer.

In summary, if I had all the budget in the world for a faucet, I'd probably get a Waterstone. I don't have that budget, so I'm still considering In2Aqua, Rubinet, and Kohler at the moment. In2Aqua would unwaveringly be my first choice if it weren't for that loud hose pull-down described in my prior post. The edges of the coils rake against something inside and sound terrible to me. They need to switch to something that will be quieter.

• Renee C

WOW.. Belaria. Thank you for your in depth reply. I must admit, because of Star craft’s reviews( which I really appreciate) I was pretty much set on Moen/brizo( part of Delta) /Delta. Until I read some of reviews from other sources. I still think they are great companies with reputable products and haven’t ruled them out but instead of blindly go by their review without me doing much homework, I’ll give it a more research on finding right faucet:)

I’ll check out again on In2aqua, Rubinet. At initial glance few weeks back I felt that they are lack on transitional styles, either too modern/ too traditional. I’ll check out kohler as well

I’m also considering few Chicago faucet and maybe forego on spray altogether. Plumbers rates are only going to get higher and even with lifetime warranty on parts, I’ll be left few hundred dollars out for labors.

• Belaria

@Renee C I agree with you that Delta/Brizo and Moen are great companies and in terms of kitchen faucets definitely produce a product that will last at minimum several years. They are players in the lower-priced realm of kitchen faucets, and so to get costs down they have made some working parts of plastic that are failing after a certain number of years, but had you wanted a faucet that would last a lifetime, you would have needed to move to a different brand like In2Aqua or Rubinet. I think In2Aqua has a kitchen pull-down that would be very suited to a transitional style, the one with the bell-shaped head. Rubinet also has a very similar design with a pull-down, but their website is so woefully lacking on information that it's even hard to tell which faucets are pull-downs and which aren't, but they do have a few. I wouldn't give up on having a spray head for the kitchen. Your alternative is having a side spraying that is harder to operate. There are plenty of reliable faucets out there that can provide the functionality you need.

We just put a combination of Delta and Moen fixtures in a shower a year ago, and everything has been working beautifully. We have also installed brass Delta bathroom faucets in all our bathrooms as of three years ago from the Cassidy line, and they have been problem-free. Some people say if you'll make a point of buying your Delta, Moen, or Kohler faucets from a plumbing supply store you will get a better-made faucet that wasn't cheapened down in design for the purpose of selling to big-box stores, but that's probably not true for every single item. I do think that specific reviews for an individual faucet you are considering are important because these big companies have huge supply and manufacturing chains, so there is a range of quality from product to product. I hope you find what you're looking for!

StarCraft Custom Builders

@ Belaria

Great post, and right to the point. A couple of thoughts.....

Masco (Peerless, Delta, Brizo, and Newport Brass) and Fortune Brands (Moen, Perrin & Rowe, and Rohl) sell about two-thirds of all the faucets sold in the U.S. and Kohler another 15%, which is millions of faucets. All of the hundreds of other faucet companies in the U.S. split the remaining 20% of the market.

The Bigs have a faucet failure rate of much less than 1%, but even a fraction of 1% of millions of faucets is a lot of failing faucets, which is why you see Delta, Moen, and Kohler complained about with some frequency on yelp and other websites.

Keep in mind that the complaints are a tiny, tiny portion of the faucets sold. AND, studies have shown repeatedly that 60-80% of faucet failures are in some way connected to faulty installation rather than a problem with the faucet itself.

Four hundred complaints about Moen in a year is a tempest in a teaspoon. while 40 complaints about a small company like Watermark or California Faucets could point to a major engineering or manufacturing disaster.

We were surprised to learn that In2aqua has started using plastic spray wands. We confirmed it with the company owner. The company has replaced its larger brass pull-out (but not pull-down) wands on its kitchen faucets with polymer because of numerous adverse comments about the weight of the brass components. Only the shell of the wand is plastic, however. The innards have not changed. But, you are right about plastic, it does not wear like brass. Some people like plastic wands. They don't get hot like brass wands. Personally, I wouldn't have one on a bet.

We will add this new information to the In2aqua review in our next update. Thanks for the heads up.

The rasping noise you hear when you pull down the stainless steel braided hose is seemingly unavoidable. We have had that complaint about faucets from a number of upscale companies that use a braided hose. The solution is a silicon spray applied to the hose. This does not eliminate the noise, but reduces it to bearable level. A non-braided hose is not noisy, but the trade-off is that braided hoses are much less likely to break.

We tested an In2aqua pull-down kitchen faucet in one of our tester's actual home kitchen for nearly two years. It got just two complaints (1) the hose noise (until we hit it with some silicon) and (2) the hose is not long enough for the standard American kitchen sink which is larger than the standard European kitchen sink. I believe In2aqua is in the process of changing over to a longer hose. What we did was mosey down to the local plumbing store to fetch a longer hose.

"Kohler has been outsourcing more and more of the production that it used
    to do in the United States, and quality has fallen in recent times" All too true. Wish it wasn't.

Most of Waterstone's fabulous finishes are powder coatings - essentially a very tough paint. The company describes them "semi-durable". They require considerable care and attention compared to standard electroplated chrome or any PVD finish which are "buy and forget finishes'. Personally, I am of the "buy and forget" school. Any time my chrome-finish faucets get a wipe down, they think its Christmas come early.

StarCraft Faucet Reviews are of the company and the overall quality of its faucets, warranty and customer service, and its compliance with laws and regulations. We do not review individual faucet models. Every company spits out a dud from time to time, so even if the typical Delta faucet is terrific, there are probably a few that ought to be skunked.

So, once you have decided on a prospect, do the research about that particular faucet - including posting here for other people's experiences with the faucet.

Anyway, I really enjoyed your post, and wish everyone would do the in-depth research you are doing before buying a faucet. Homeowners will spend weeks looking at dishwasher after dishwasher before parting with $500, but will plunk down $800 for for a faucet they saw in the shop window because it's "purty". Not the way to do it.

Let us know what faucet you eventually choose.

• Belaria

Thanks. @StarCraft Custom Builders for the excellent information. I've nearly despaired of finding everything I wanted in a faucet for under $1,000, so hitting the In2Aqua hose with silicone spray might just be my answer. Otherwise, the In2Aqua faucets themselves are sleek and fabulous. You can tell just handling the off/on control wand that the precision is there with engineering, a feel I don't even get from Waterstone off/on handles. We're putting 2 faucets in a 42" wide sink, so hopefully the length of the In2Aqua hose wouldn't be a problem, but the pull-down with hose I tested in the showroom seemed quite long, so perhaps they've already switched to the longer versions of hoses. It's also good to know that Waterstone's powder coating process isn't as desirable as the PVD finishes. Back to the hoses, I have read numerous reviews of leaking with Delta and Moen pull-down kitchen faucets traced to hose failure, so I can definitely see why the spiral braided hoses are superior. In2Aqua's hoses had a nice flexibility to them that you don't see with the other kind. Again, thanks so much for all the faucet information you've put out there for consumers. It is so helpful!

• Renee C

I, also leaning towards in2aqua specially after reading Starcraft Custom buildner's comments on oiling the hose to remedy noise issue. Coincidently, someone from the company mentioned the same thing on my inquiry about the noise today since my local showroom doesn't carry one on a display. wating for an answer on approximate lead time because what's happening in the world now.

@Belaria, the local authroized dealer seemed like they have fairly good deals on in2aqua's. Please let me know if you'd like the information. your thoughful reply guided me to the right direction, sharing a dealer might be "tiny" way to say thank you.

Always appreciated comments from StarCraft, you have educated me and alike tremendously!

• Belaria

@Renee C I'd honestly recommend working through your local dealer in case there are any issues or in the future any warranty or replacement parts that are needed. However, the place where I viewed the In2Aqua faucets is actually the only showroom for a several-state region at the moment in the Midwestern US, as far as I know, Architectural Hardware Designs, 9450 N May Avenue, Oklahoma City, OK 73120, phone 405-607-0420, info@ahdok.com -- the salesperson who helped me was Robert. There are a couple of theoretical dealers in Texas with a different company, but they hardly know the product whatsoever and certainly don't have any In2Aqua faucets on display. These faucets ship from a California distribution center for US customers, and I'm told the lead time is excellent.

• Renee C

Hi Belaria,

Luckly i live in a state that has several authorized dealer from in2aqua webiste(Los angeles, CA). I'm planning on paying a visit tomorrow although they don't have one that I like on a disply. I've never been to a showroom specializing plubimg fixture only, it would be another educational step that i can take before I commit. This place that I'm planning on, think it's one of those what you say----" theoretical delaer that hardly know the procut. I'll find out more tomorrow. There's another showroom that i plan on visit, they carry Rubinet among other big names that few rubinet are on display.

Will share here if anything worthwhile.

• Belaria

@Renee C If you see a Rubinet you like, I'd be interested in a report back. Yes, the Texas dealers of In2Aqua tried to talk me out of ordering because they said they didn't know how and kept trying to refer me to other locations in other cities that also had never ordered In2Aqua for anyone, or so they said. I'm not sure how they became dealers or are keeping their dealerships. Texas is a large state to only have these as the only distributors representing In2Aqua according to the list on the website of distributors by region. The Oklahoma place was fantastic, knew the product, and had ordered it for many customers.

in2aqua GmbH

Dear Belaria, I am quite impressed with all your research. An industry contact directed me to this post and as I wanted to respond personally to you. Yes, the metal hose is louder than a synthetic hose. As previously noted here....silicon spray or olive oil reduces noise but personally, I think the quality features are worth the trade-off regardless. The hose we install is more expensive than a plastic hose and our logic is simple at in2aqua. We use the best components we can buy or make for use in all our products even if they cost more. I really think once the faucet is in use the "noise" topic becomes forgotten. I can honestly say I get a lot of positive feedback about our products and customer service and I am in this industry because I love it. At in2aqua we are really passionate about making the best possible faucet in the industry. While cost is important, it is the quality that ultimately drives our engineering decisions. Thanks again for all your valuable insight. Stay safe during these challenging times and all the best to you and the houzz community. Without professionals and consumers like you who care about quality and user experience, in2aqua would be just another brand among many, many good ones. Best regards from in2aqua Stuttgart, Germany. Chris M

• Belaria

@in2aqua GmbH Thank you, Chris M, for taking time to address the noise issue with your pull-down and pull-out hoses. I should clarify that I'm an unusual consumer due to being almost entirely deaf in one ear and having reduced hearing in the other due to a series of accidents and events that occurred early in my life. My hearing is highly sensitive to noise now, so there is a valid concern that a loudly-operating hose could be a non-starter for me. My husband suggested last night after we saw @StarCraft Custom Builders suggestion to spray the hose with silicone about asking the showroom if they might be open to us doing that to see how much the sound would be reduced before committing to a purchase.

I do not believe that it is the hose itself that may necessarily be the problem to address but rather whatever the hose is scraping against on the interior. I realize that installing a non-metal part on the interior would introduce wear issues that could shorten the life of the faucet, but surely there are other consumers in the market for a quality faucet who also have sensitive hearing whether due to hearing loss such as myself or due to being emotionally "driven crazy" by annoying noises. I'm sure we have a few people in our lives who may seem to be overly reactive to being startled or to certain noises.

As someone who is passionate about protecting the hearing I have left, I wear earplugs and ear protection headphones for many activities during the day. Noises above 80 or 85 decibels begin to fall into the risk range for damaging hearing over long times of exposure, and I feel sure that the un-lubricated In2Aqua hose would meet this criteria for the loud level, though not the prolonged noise perhaps as people aren't using the hose constantly. I find it interesting that the reviewer who worked with @StarCraft Custom Builders by having an In2Aqua faucet installed in-home for about 2 years had that complaint of noise. I walked into the showroom ready to purchase 2 of the In2Aqua faucets for our kitchen remodel and walked out without a purchase the day I handled the faucets in person simply knowing the noise would never work for me. We may consider, as I mentioned, asking the showroom if they'd be willing to lubricate their samples on site to see if this solves the problem. Thanks again for responding!

in2aqua GmbH

Dear Belaria,

Thanks again for your feedback. While we don't have a decibel reading we estimate it is around 20-30 dBA. Greg our sales manager put a little olive oil on the hose and this is the sound thereafter. (see link) The pull-downs are bent brass tubes so you can expect it to be a little louder but I would guesstimate it would be more quite than the water splashing on the dishes. Regardless, you may have to live with our products for a lifetime so we respect your decision.

Let us know if we can further assist you. Thanks again for your insight and all the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITMckP5Ujg4

• Belaria

@in2aqua GmbH Thanks for the video. I did watch it and will leave future forum browsers to decide for themselves if the sound seems between the levels of a leaf falling and someone whispering, which is what the 20 to 30 decibel range is that you estimated. It's a bit hard to tell noise levels via computer due to varying speaker capacities on different devices, but I do really appreciate your taking time to make and post the video.

My estimate from the showroom with an unoiled hose is that the pull-down easily exceeds the sound of normal conversation at the height of the sound burst, merely a microsecond of time during which the hose is pulled forward. I'll try to take a decibel meter with me if I have occasion to visit the showroom again. To be honest, I don't think any reviewer including the one from @StarCraft Custom Builders mentioned above would have complained about the noise had it been similar to that of running water, but only hard data from a decibel meter would provide further clarity. Just for fun, I used a sound meter app to measure my current Delta kitchen faucet pull-down noise, and it comes in right around 70 decibels at the height of the sound burst. It is quiet enough that I'd never really noticed it. The In2Aqua's unoiled sound was far different, and I think you might be surprised if you measured even with oiling. From the Mayo Clinic, here is a decibel level chart:

Decibels/Noise source

Safe range

30 Whisper

40 Refrigerator

60 Normal conversation

75 Dishwasher

Risk range

85 Heavy city traffic, school cafeteria

95 Motorcycle

100 Snowmobile

110 Chain saw, jackhammer, rock concert, symphony

115 Sandblasting

120 Ambulance siren, thunder

140-165 Firecracker, firearms

Trust me, guys, I'd really love to buy an In2Aqua faucet. I may still try to get the showroom to put silicone on the hose for me so I can test and measure the sound. I'm concerned about olive oil congealing, coloring, or going rancid in time. I have used Protek CLP to lubricate working piano parts, a high-tech polymer lubricant that resists corrosion, so that might be something to try.

in2aqua GmbH

Thanks for constructive feedback...regardless of your purchase choice I hope you find the best choice you!

in2aqua GmbH

Hi Belaria, one a side note, I have passed this on to our engineering team with the goal of making our hose retraction/pull out even more quite. Best to you.

• Belaria

@in2aqua GmbH Thanks! I appreciate your response. Please also note that as I mentioned above, different devices replay YouTube sound differently. For fun, I just tested the decibel levels of the oiled hose video you posted today. I used 3 devices: my Asus tablet, Samsung Galaxy Note8 phone, and Dell desktop computer with generic speakers. All the volumes were set at 100%. Your video peaked around 40 decibels on the tablet, 60 decibels on the phone, and 80 decibels on the desktop. So, you see how hard it is to tell true sound levels from a video. If you could do your own decibel readings and post them, that would help. Many apps including free ones are available for this, and an accurate decibel meter isn't that expensive. My tablet has weak sound in general and cannot play anything at a loud volume. My phone is mid-range on volume capacity--sometimes I use it at full volume, and sometimes I reduce the volume. The computer's speakers are always too loud, so I leave them turned down except in instances like this test I just did. Going off of this generally, it's probably the phone that is closer to the true sound level, but who really knows without an on-site meter reading.

My personal opinion is that it may not be necessary to re-engineer the hose functions. It may be something so simple as applying your own lubricant to the hoses as a final step of manufacturing and then shipping with instructions to re-lubricate as needed. As it is, I'm relying on my showroom to possibly allow me to lubricate their sample to see the level of noise reduction unless you perhaps posted a numeric decibel reading from an on-site meter to verify the potential for lubrication. Anything approaching or exceeding 80 decibels is a real problem for almost any consumer. Some people's ears won't hurt or ring from bursts of noise like my sensitive ears would, but those levels will be annoying at best. Thanks again for your input!

• Renee C

Just came back from the showroom and what they have on display were pretty much same rubinet style with different finishes. Not too crazy of handle lever style but felt that it is made of quality stuff.

Had I read your sensitivity on noise before I went, I would have paid more attention but with style put off, I really disinterested pay too much attention to it. They were definitely noisier than plastic ones. The showroom had KWC and their metal version had a similar noise level who GC didn’t bother me. But then I’m not really sensitive.

What I found though after seeing all different finishes in same setting that I like polished nickel, specially from California faucet. Unfortunately what I saw it was with plastic inside.

Went to in2aqua right after thinking I’ll place an order since what I saw at the first showroom, I wasn’t falling for any of them strong enough. Once I was at the dealer, they couldn’t honor what I was told over the phone yesterday.

If I were paying a full price, I’d rather bring my business to non bait-and-switch company.

Below pics are all from Rubinet.

• Belaria

@Renee C Thanks so much for the Rubinet pictures! Looks like their hoses are fiber, which would be quieter albeit less durable, but the styling isn't as sleek as In2Aqua. I think KWC and In2Aqua look so similar because the latter was founded by an executive of the former. If they are bait-and-switch on pricing, call Robert at Architectural Hardware Designs in Oklahoma, and I'm sure they'll ship In2Aqua to you.

• Renee C

Hi Belaria,

I know the pictures that I took are misleading but they definitely had one with metal hose, but like you said, overall their styles are bit stocky and missing sleekness that i like in other brands..

I still have times since the stone hasn't even been ordered, drywall up tomorrow until sometime next week then cabinets so I do have quite a time to think it over. I'll give Robert a call tomorrow though. Hope they have one in stock as I haven't heard any from in2aqua what the lead time will be if the showroom/dealer had to place an order.

• Belaria

@Renee C I'm looking over your photos again and want to thank you so much for those Rubinet images. I'm thinking they look too retro in style for me, so I'm crossing them off. If I had a vintage kitchen, they might be just the thing, but I don't. Also, it's unclear what that button on their spray heads is supposed to do--whether it must be depressed for spray at all times or whether or not it stays on spray once the faucet is turned off--just too many unanswered questions, lack of information, and older styling with that brand. Your photos are better and more close up than the ones on their own website, so thanks!

If you're really thinking about California Faucets, read up on the chipping with their finishes. It has been a real problem for some consumers. I think some of their finishes wear better than others, but their warranty servicing isn't always that great if you read reviews. No question they have some beautiful products, though.

@in2aqua GmbH If you missed my reply above, I measured with a decibel meter your YouTube video on 3 electronic devices and got decibel readings around 40, 60, and 80 on the different devices with sound set at 100% on each, so the sound demonstration would be of much greater value if you could give us an on-site decibel meter reading. I'm hoping to head to the showroom at my next opportunity and do my own decibel measurement if they will allow me to use silicone on their sample, so we'll see.

StarCraft Custom Builders

Renee C

Would you share the name of the bait-and-switch dealer? If you would like to do it privately, my e-mail is jime@starcraftcustombuilders.com.

• Belaria

@Renee C Look at these neat faucets. They are from from Hydrology which @StarCraft Custom Builders hasn't reviewed yet. The founder of Hydrology, David Kotowsky, is the designer of The Galley Tap, so these faucets are probably at least similar in cost and thus verging on too expensive for a "mere mortal," as StarCraft might say.

• Asha

Balaria...those two faucets are from MGS out of Italy. Good luck cleaning the top one :-) They have other offerings though...

https://mgstaps.com/de/portfolio/kitchen-collections/

• Asha

Looked them up because I kind of like the bottom photo but the warranty is only 2-5 years depending on finish

Warranty

MGS products are covered by a warranty of 5 years from purchasing date on all stainless steel parts and of 2 years on all other components. During this period, parts with construction defects in materials or workmanship will be replaced free of charge. This warranty will not respond in the case of faults caused by unsuitable or improper use, wrong installation, natural wear, improper or careless treatment, wrong usage of cleaning or maintenance products.

MGS will not assume liability for labor expended, freight cost or damages accruing from the use of the material purchased from us. If material is defective, the limit of damage is the price of the defective material.

Proof of purchase (original sales receipt) from the original consumer purchaser must be made available to MGS for all warranty claims. The warranty is not transferable and is extended solely to the original purchaser of the product.

• Belaria

@Asha Those are Hydrology faucets. I didn't find these at the link you provided. These faucets are designed by David Kotowsky of Chicago, USA, and may be seen at the link I provided above. Here the link to Hydrology again: http://www.hydrologychicago.com/products/kitchen-faucets-sinks

in2aqua GmbH

As we are all working from home office at the moment we had to conduct a little research internally. Luigi Tuti, our accounting manager has had his in2aqua Edge kitchen faucet in his house for four year now and kindly sent me this film. He wrote, Silenzioso, semplice e nonostante molto bello ( bellissimo) Not as technical as we'd normally do testing but who can resist such a beautiful language!

https://youtu.be/cT2RMJe_TJo

• Belaria

Thank you, @in2aqua GmbH and Luigi Tuti. Here's a possible translation, "Quiet, simple, and that notwithstanding, very beautiful."

• Belaria

@Asha OK, I see it now, the second of the pics I posted is produced by MGS. That's helpful, thanks. I'll look into it. I actually like the first faucet photo I posted a bit better. Do you recognize it from any place? Hydrology also has a faucet produced by The Galley Tap, so it's possible they work with multiple manufacturers.

• Asha

It is also MGS. It is on the first faucet picture you uploaded. I don't know where they buy things but I would think they have a lot of companies to chose from....never heard of gallery tap.

• Belaria

@Asha Thanks so much! I see that now that it says MGS. Hydrology was founded by someone who is a fixtures designer who has done work for a company called The Galley. It's odd he wouldn't have his own line to sell on his website. I wondered if perhaps he has done design work for MGS, also. I am looking up pricing and specifications on the MGS faucets and find them to be on the small side, with around a 9-inch center-to-center reach, some a little under and some over that reach. The cost is roughly double what an In2Aqua faucet would cost. I used an MGS pro-style faucet in a showroom last year, one with a docking spray head, and found it to be clunky in operation, hardly able to re-dock without concentrated effort. When I heard the price, I wasn't impressed. Maybe their pull-down faucets operate better than their docking ones, but it's not a brand that is widely available in most USA showrooms. Hansgrohe has a larger reach as far as European brands in the USA, but plenty of consumers have complained of splashing with Hansgrohe faucets because of the lack of an aerator in some models. Thanks for your help!