Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarahrlawyer

foundation

Sarah Lawyer
6 years ago
Hello! I'm in love with this house! What is the foundation material and technique? We are in the process of finalizing things for our new home and are looking for alternatives to brick. Would this material look good if we needed it 4 feet tall? Ideally we would have it low to the ground like in this photo, but I don't believe we will be able to do this. Thanks in advance for your advice!
Traditional Porch · More Info

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Structured Creations Inc.
    6 years ago

When you refer to "foundation" what exactly are you referring to?...is it the stone skirting of the porch? If so, that is a 1-1/2" limestone that we mortared to the face of the foundation wall with a 2" thick concrete porch slab with a 1" overhang. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me at darrenss@structuredcreations.com Thank you!

Sarah Lawyer thanked Structured Creations Inc.
  • Sarah Lawyer
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, I was referring to the skirting of the porch. Thank you so much for sharing.

• Christina Alamirie
    4 years ago

What is the siding material used?

• PRO
    Structured Creations Inc.
    4 years ago

The siding is a custom 1"x12" pine that was pre-finished. A beveled siding with smooth finish. Companies like Fraser siding carry a similar product but I believe it is only a 1x6 and 1x8