Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pensivern

Quality of Pottery Barn beds? ( upholstered)

pensivern
6 years ago
I'd love to get rid of my Wesley Allen King bed and get a queen sized with an upholstered headboard. I've been drawn to the ones Pottery Barn offer but not sure about their quality- I've heard their sofas aren't that great. Can anyone weigh in?

Comments (18)

• PRO
    Sabrina Alfin Interiors
    6 years ago

I've actually purchased a sofa from Pottery Barn and it was very high quality. (I did spring for the upgraded cushions, however, so perhaps that helped.) For the price point, Pottery Barn does a good job, as does Crate and Barrel and Serena & Lily. If you're willing to spend a bit more, find a retailer who sells Mitchell Gold & Bob Williams furniture.

• pensivern
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Anyone else have experience with Pottery Barn bed frames and headboards?
  • m_gabriel
    6 years ago

Not Pottery Barn and maybe nothing like what you want but we just purchased a guest bed from this brand on Amazon for under $200 and it's very nice (it's a platform bed). I was very pleasantly surprised! (Several other colors/styles, too)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074QVXRG6/ref=twister_B074QW8549?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

• skdmustang
    6 years ago

I just bought the Raleigh Upholstered Camelback Tall Bed & Headboard from Pottery Barn this summer. I did not get the nailheads ( as I wanted a softer look) . It is sturdy. I did a custom fabric in Flax . I love the look and quality. It did take a very long time to get the bed as a custom fabric. After I received it I felt I could have gone with a standard fabric and had the same look and saved some money and time in receiving it. Since it was custom it took quite a while to get in and had several delays.

But I love the bed , so overall very happy with my purchase!

• pensivern
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    Thanks, I love the Raleigh too!
  • veechy
    4 years ago

Do not buy a PB bed.. I was a big fan of Pottery Barn until i purchased an upholstered bed.Its incredibly noise and i cant believe the money i paid for such a cheaply made bed. I have taken it apart 10 times to fix the noise and cant get the noise to stop.

• Dara Rogers
    2 years ago

I think my bed was an unnecessary expense. The fabric is nice but the frame does not seem like it was worth the extra cost.

• pensivern
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I wound up buying the upholstered Raleigh bed with built in storage drawer in base. The headboard has nailheads and the entire frame is very well made and not noisy. I got it on sale about a year ago- probably the last sale PB offered- no regrets.

• Kelleyta
    2 years ago

@pensivern I’m thinking about buying the same bed. How is it dusting underneath? I like the platform it has, but it looks like there’s a gap along the length of the bed between the 2 platform pieces? Any trouble with that? and any dust in the drawers or on the tracks? I’ve read that with other storage beds.

• demolition
    2 years ago

Only experience I have with upholstered bedding is from PB Teen-an upholstered full sized daybed (gift for our Granddaughter); was very well made & beautiful.

I did purchase a king sized (tufted headboard) upholstered bed from Z Gallerie- well made & beautiful- have had it for a couple years- no problems whatsoever. Love this bed!

• demolition
    2 years ago

Lol… Im just seeing this design dilemma was originally posted 4 years ago!

• Kjones
    2 years ago

@pensivern I’m looking at the same bed. May I ask what fabric did you choose? are you noticing any piling? thank you

• lgfoley816
    2 years ago

We have the Chesterfield bed in one of the standard fabrics ( I believe it was a cotton linen blend in an Oatmeal color). We’ve been very happy with it! We’ve had it a little over 6 years now.

• Kjones
    2 years ago

@lgfoley816 do you think it was this one? I’m also looking for an ivory or oatmeal color

• pensivern
    Original Author
    2 years ago

I believe it was the oatmeal basketweave slub. It was not a special order- hasn’t pilled at all.

• Kjones
    2 years ago

Thank you so much

• Arthuza Rabelo
    2 years ago

I want to buy Chesterfield king size bed and PB showed me 2 different material, I am in love with performance ivory tweed, do you think performance is very different from the standard one? which one you guys got it?

The bed is expensive, I just want to make sure that I am buying something with good quality and its worth .