Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janisnic152

Agonizing Years Trying to Figure Out a Better Kitchen Layout!! HELP :*(

janisnic152
10 years ago
My 9' long x 10' wide, 2 Sided Walk Through Galley Kitchen is easy to work in but tight w/2 cooks. Open for suggestions on a more open floor plan, changing floor plan completely, or sticking with original floor plan with a raised ceiling & adding huge wall/butler type station in dining room. Moderate to lower budget w/o moving plumbing or adding addition to house. Present set up is as follows: Walk in my front door entrance...in front of you is a 62"W x 29" D closet which I am currently using as a pantry. To the right is a room I now use as a dining room but was & could be a living room. Measures 11' wide x 15' longest wall. To the left of front entrance hall is an L-shaped Living/Dining Room which I now use as a living room/temporary computer area.
You can walk through the kitchen from this room and come out into the dining room on the other end. I plan on raising the kitchen ceiling & replacing w/taller cabinets. I am soooo frustrated so I thank each one of you houzz lovers for your help & suggestions :)

Comments (2)