Restoration Hardware Herringbone furniture collection

cherylroche
6 years ago

Thinking about buying. Any concerns?

Comments (16)

• PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    6 years ago

OR now you can buy low-priced furniture at AMAZON! and it will be delivered in 15 minutes! ;)

• ilikefriday
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

RH has horrible customer service, bad quality, it can sometimes take months to get your items delivered, and they are way overpriced. It does not take much due diligence to come up with a Google search listing hundreds of complaints about how they cheat their customers. I would stir clear. Admire their designs from a distance. Use their photos as your inspiration and then go spend your hard earned money elsewhere and recreate the look. Been there done that. Would never purhase from them again!

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/homeowners/restoration.html

• homeowners1
    6 years ago

I am surprised to see this. I have had nothing but wonderful experience with RH customer service and my furniture has come in time. Granted most of my items have been in stock. I always wait for them to have a sale however (which they just did) and I ended up buying the Herringbone Dining table to match my sideboard.

• Jillian Scharlach
    6 years ago
    Homeowners1,
    How have you liked the RH Herringbone dinning table so far? I’m thinking of purchasing it and am not finding any reviews on it. How’s the quality and look? Thanks for sharing!
  • homeowners1
    6 years ago

Hi Jillian!

I have the table and the sideboard in the darker wood. I love the look, however, I am not sure it fits with the decor of the rest of my house. And as it is natural wood the color of the table and sideboard are a little different. In general though I think it looks beautiful. If you would like I can send you some pictures.

• Jillian Scharlach
    6 years ago
    Thanks for responding! Do you actually use the table on a regular basis? Have you had any issues with staining or any other problems with using it? I would love to see it in your house setting if you have time to upload a picture. Thanks!
  • homeowners1
    6 years ago

I will upload a picture for you. To be honest, I have not used it much to eat on because we don't have proper dining chairs yet. However, I have used it in general as I have been setting plates, glasses etc. on the table since we just moved and are in the process of organizing everything. Looks fine still. But again, not sure how it will hold up with regular use.

• Jillian Scharlach
    6 years ago
    Thanks for letting me know! That’s my biggest concern....how it will hold up. Reviews for these RH tables aren’t great, so that’s what’s holding me back! Thanks again for your time!
  • Carrie Verba
    5 years ago

I also have the Herringbone table. It's beautiful, but unfortunately I had to return the first one that was delivered to me due to a wood chip being bent back. I was ever so gently wiping off its replacement table they sent when another wood chip bent back causing you to see the natural surface of the wood. Has anyone had this problem? Will a protective sealer or oil protect the wood from flaking off?

• CD
    3 years ago

@Carrie Verba how is your RH herringbone dining table holding up? I have been eyeing this dining table for years. I'm worried about the inlay herringbone being delicate. The RH sales person told me that if you slide a laptop across it and it catches on edge piece, it will crack the wood. And that if you set a cup of water on it, it will make a permanent water stain. I wondering if it really is that fragile, especially for an everyday table.

• Lauren Worthy
    3 years ago

Thinking about buying this table too. Did you purchase it? If so, I would love to see a picture. My local

RH Doesn’t have the table in its showroom so I would love to see it aside from just on the RH website.

• CD
    3 years ago

@Lauren Worthy Does your local RH have any other pieces in the Herringbone collection? You might be able to see the wear and tear. In our local showroom, the herringbone pieces had a lot of small chips in the inlay (to where you see specks of white all over). It didn't look durable enough for an every day table, so we decided against it. I would definitely consider it for a formal dining table though.

• Lauren Worthy
    3 years ago

Okay, thank you. i saw the coffee table at the outlet but haven’t seen any of the other pieces. It would be in our formal dining room so definitely wouldn’t receive everyday use. Did you go with another table from RH?

• CD
    3 years ago

We almost went with the Arles but decided to go with the Parsons from Room & Board.

• xena1441
    3 years ago

We own the dining table and are exchanging it. It's beautiful however it's not a flat surface so you do have to be careful sliding things. We use it everyday and the paint started chipping off so are exchanging it. RH has been nothing but wonderful with customer service.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida