Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
susanrav4

Want to change color of front door, shutter and garage door.

susanrav4
10 years ago
Attached is my ranch style home. I would like to paint the shutter, door and garage with a new color. I want something fresh, bold, color unlike the rest of my neighborhood. I have been looking at different topics, colors on door but I can't come up with what looks good on my house. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. Susan

Comments (13)

• susanrav4
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Any suggestions please... Here's more pics.
  • User
    10 years ago
    One thing you can do is go through other neighborhoods until you see a color combo you love! That is what I did. Otherwise, I like a light gray for the wood with white trim. You can keep the black shutters. A white door could also work for your front door and garage.
  • Shannon Olden
    10 years ago
    too many competing colours. i would paint the cream siding a sage green/. shutters and door brick red to go with the brick, paint all the white stuff tan. it would all be rich looking together, and it is all just paint. remove the carpet? on the veranda and add a railing around the veranda that opens to the stairs.
  • Jordan
    10 years ago
    I would suggest white shutters and garage door and a lighter shade of sage for the the front door. Or, even a light shade of gray for the shutters and garage door.
  • anne dee
    10 years ago
    Brucewood · More Info

It would be nice if you could extend the front entrance level as in the inspiration pic.
    My Houzz: Cheery and Breezy Pittsburgh Home · More Info

the door could be green
    Del Oro · More Info

for a completely different look .... this pic could be an inspiration. if you wanted to paint in more places than you had originally considered... the landscaping is very nice and simple\PS you really should remove the shutters. they show no purpose. you could put flower boxes underneath the ledges of both exterior windows.
    Good lick!
  • susanrav4
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks for all your advice. A future project of mine is indeed to extend the roof or an A-frame roof over the front step and add a black wrought iron railing with a white vinyl on top (hope I explained that well, got the inspiration from houzz.com). Right now, I prefer to make only minor changes like the color of front door, garage and shutter ...small job with hopefully a great impact on curb appeal.
  • anne dee
    10 years ago
    I think it looks fabulous and fresh. The front door is smashing . The landscaping is also very pretty. congratulations!!
  • Cecilia
    10 years ago
    So inviting and cheery!
  • Jordan
    10 years ago
    So cute! Nice work Susan! :) I love how you painted the shutters white!! And, the door is so fun! Yay!
  • susanrav4
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Thanks Anne and Jordan and all to all those who took time giving me ideas and positive comments. I chose Anne's door color and Jordan's suggestion of painting the shutters and garage door white. So happy..I would not have been able to come up with these colors without houzz.com.
  • sheilaskb
    8 years ago

I would suggest you paint the siding white and keep the black shutters and the black door. If you are replacing the roof, stick with black. However, if you are changing the roof, look at the terra cotta and beige shades to bring out the orange or brown tones in the brick. Then, you could change the door and shutters to the new roof color and still have the white siding. If possible, put the house numbers elsewhere and get matching lights to flank the door.

• chiflipper
    8 years ago

Super nice change...and all it took was some paint and determination...you did a terrific job.

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH