Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bebo86

Dunn Edward Muslin paint question please

Bebo Matassa
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Is Dunn Edwards Muslin DE 6227 the same as Crisp Muslin DE 6212, just a lighter shade?

Which color is more grey?

Comments (8)

• PRO
    The Roof Wizard by Allen Roofing and Construction
    6 years ago

I would agree that they're about the same color just the Muslin is darker. However if you stare at them both side by side longer, the Crisp muslin looks more pink. However that could be from staring at a computer screen. I like the darker Muslin better.

Bebo Matassa thanked The Roof Wizard by Allen Roofing and Construction
  • Bebo Matassa
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks, Does one look more grey or little difference there?

• annnw3
    4 years ago

Thanks for answering this topic. My walls are painted Crisp Muslin and for the 2 years I've lived here I've been wondering if that was a happy mistake on the part of the builders. I specifically asked for white with a gray undertone because I have gray ceramic floors and gray stained kitchen cabinets. By holding a piece of white copy paper against the wall I was fairly sure that the undertone I got has the merest hint of peach not gray, which this thread would seem to confirm. But I'm glad. The peach in Crisp Muslin makes it just a tad warmer and softens all that existing gray. What I asked for, which I guess would have been Muslin, I now believe would have been too cold. Finally I can stop wondering if my eyes were deceiving me:)

• simonbirch
    3 years ago

I had Crisp muslin from 2010-2015, then Muslin from 2015-2020. I love muslin and a bunch of my neighbors followed suit. Crisp muslin was too light and I wanted a slighter deeper, warm grey. Muslin has a deeper green [unseen] undertone (look at strip as it gets darker), which keeps it from being "cold" or having a weird blue/purple undertone. Anyhow, if you're looking for the PERFECT grey, do Muslin DE 6277. That said, I'm repainting, the trend is lighter, so I'm doing my paint back to muslin DE 6212, which is just a very, very light grey. Almost looks white, and yes, may have the very slightest peach/pink undertone, It has a very serene, spa like feel to it. When I used Crisp Muslin before I had taupe accent walls, when accent walls were a thing (So Cal houses.)

• HU-443496199
    3 years ago

I'm thinking of using Crisp Muslin in my kitchen, which opens into my den. The den is already painted Fine Grain (DE6213). Fine Grain is great in the den, which has more light, but the kitchen has less natural light and cherry wood cabinets . . . so I'm wondering if Crisp Muslin and Fine Grain in connecting rooms would work well. They're on the same color card so are in the same family . . .

Thoughts?

• Tabby Smith
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

Looking to do that same combo any update pictures you can share?

• HU-195333440
    10 months ago

When choosing my interior paint and mostly considering either Fine Grain DE 6213 or Crisp Muslin DE 6212. I made my choice based on the Light Reflectance Value (LRV) for the lighter shade, Crisp Muslin. My home faces south with limited sunlight in the back. I have large shade trees in the front which block light as well. Needless to say, the downstairs can be dark and actually this is fantastic, since I live in the Sacramento region and our summers are extremely hot and bright. Definitely the lighter Crisp Muslin significantly opened up the space with a LRV of 70.45. I love the relective light it draws into my home making it feel more spacious and airy. The Fine Grain LRV by comparison was 57.45 and was considerably darker and closed in. I just felt I'd get sick of looking at it, despite its popularity as a deeper greige. Someone mentioned that Crisp Muslin has more of a "spa-feel." Which is true. It's delightfully neutral but never boring.