Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kbanewhouse

kbanewhouse
12 years ago
Could you tell me if these stairs and railings (and floors too I suppose) are painted or stained? What color is the stain or paint?
Rocky Ledge Stair · More Info

Comments (5)

• PRO
    DeCocco Design
    12 years ago
    The finish looks super consistent, so my guess is that it's painted and they did a beautiful job. The white could be any white you like--Ben Moore's Super White is a good place to start (these spindles do look super!). And I really think the black is just that--black. It's deep and rich, with a nice gloss finish.
  • kbanewhouse
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Decocco, thank you. We are building a semi-custom home. We will have hardwood floors and bamboo is an available option that we would really like to do. However, to do the stairs in bamboo is an additional $7500. The stains that are available for the oak do not match the available stains for the bamboo. So, I'm trying to think of ways to make this look good. I thought this might be an idea, to paint the stairs. We'll have a carpet runner so not much of the stairs will show but I want it to look right. Any thoughts?
  • PRO
    DeCocco Design
    12 years ago
    I'm not sure about using the bamboo versus the hardwood, as I haven't heard many raves from people who have used bamboo. So be sure to research that option thoroughly. Painting the stairs is great idea, but will take more upkeep over time than stained hardwood, too. I'm all about ease of maintenance!
  • kbanewhouse
    Original Author
    12 years ago
    Interesting. Thank you so much. I had heard just one negative comment from a bamboo owner, but I really don't know too many who have it. And, I hear you on the ease of maintenance. In the back of my mind with these black stairs, I just see dust bunnies! I appreciate the advice.
  • PRO
    Kosta's Inc.
    11 years ago
    What color are the stairs and floors?