jesum0101

Want Asian pear, Fuji, Oriental persimmon trees in exchange with chine

Kay young--Zone 5

Hello,

I wonder if there some people who will exchange

your seedling of (already grafted)/

- Asian pear ( sweet juicy kinds)

- Fuji apple

- Umeboshi plum tree,

- Fuyu / Tanenashi trees

with MY ( I am planning to buy these trees below and will order yours together)

- Chinese chestnut (average 1 yr seedlings)

- Northern Red oak trees (average 1 yr seedlings).

- Paw paw tree

I will send you my trees first.

You can PM me or reply below.

Thanks for reading,

p.s.) I will appreciate your tips on how best to send these seedlings in cheap way other than U.S Priority.

Q) Can you recommend me Asian Fruit trees sale websites? Have you have a good experiene with WillisOrchard?

• jianhuayegreentree

Too late to read your post. I am searching Chinese chestnut and found your post. Asian pear it's easy to graft if you can just find seeding flowering pear in the wild. You do environment favor by remove those invasive flowering callery pear.

• rphcfb14

Those Asian persimmon will not survive your zone if you don’t protect them during the winter.

you may as well look for Fuji apple from Lowe’s or Home Depot locally or a Tractor Supply store. It may be cheaper without shipping and faster to get fruit. You need cross pollination for apples but you can learn to graft.

Willis Orchard is hit or miss. It gets mixed review. Try Burnridge for good price and good reputaion.

• jianhuayegreentree

rphcfb14, thanks. I used to have a FUJI but I have to grafted with different variety as FUJI is susceptible to cedar rust.

• Kay young--Zone 5

jianhuayegreentre, It is good that you were late. I assumed that they will bear chestnuts years later as is, but the sellers aren't sure if those seedlings will bear chestnuts. I may have to learn to graft.

• Kay young--Zone 5

rphcfb14, Thank you for your comments. Yes, I have been looking for Fuji apple trees from stores you mentioned. I will keep trying.

I will also look into Burnridge you recommended. Thanks,

• rphcfb14

This is very late in the season for ordering bear root trees on line. Some nuseries are done, some are about to end. Look up Cummins nursery in NY. It has a sale. Very good company.

Fuji is not easy to grow. Besides not disesae resistant, it is a tip bearer. If you don’t know how to prune, you could prune off fruiting wood.

Try Wiliams Pride for Disease resistant. Good apple and easy to grow. When you are on Cummins website, look for disease resistance apples, there should be a list there.

Cedar Apple Rust (CAR) is a very common disease for apple. If you don’t want to spray, try a variety resistant to CAR.

• jianhuayegreentree

rphcfb14, glad you mention Williams Pride, I think that's what I grafted.

• Kay young--Zone 5

rphcfb14! jianhuayegreentree!

Thank you for your advice. It's very warm now. I may have to wait for the fall.

happy Gardening!