Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cpmcneill

Decorating help!

cpmcneill
10 years ago
Just moved. Lots of space in the but not sure what to add. Maybe a big armchair in the corner? And need help with wall decorating!

Comments (11)

• User
    10 years ago
    Look on Etsy.com for unique wall art or photography. Just input what you like in their search engine. A chair would always be nice if you have room. I cannot tell from the pictures. But you are off to a great start!
  • lucyb1rd
    10 years ago
    I agree! Hang your photography on the wall and get some nice drapes get a big mirror and a goner chair. Spread the colour around more.
  • Cat Rowe
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Here is what I would do. Add round metal and glass side table to the other side of the bed. I believe Pottery Barn carries a nice one. Buy a pair of matching lamps for the two side tables. Move existing table lamp to the dresser. Remove blinds. New drapes on bronze rod and rings that can be pulled closed at night. The drapes should be a print the combines the colors on your bed. Check Pottery Barn, or Calico Corners. I order fabric and have my upholstery shop make the right size panels. Comes out perfect every time. Now add a chair or chaise. Whichever you perfer. Again, check Pottery Barn. Another great idea is to find a vintage chair or chaise at an antique mall or thrift store, or parents attic and have it reupholstered. A dark leopard print would be fun in your room. I would add a mirror over your dresser in the same wood colour, or better yet a silver tone. This will add the height difference you need in the room to break up that "all one height look". Really cute room. Baby steps and you will be thrilled!
  • Cat Rowe
    10 years ago
    I personally would not hang your photos. I like them, but i would limited them on your dresser to one. Then add a nice pewter tray to put your jewerly on at night. Will pick up your silver colors. But if you move your lamp over to the dresser, the use a cream ceramic tray. You want to mix your elements. Ie. wicker, metal, ceramic, fabric. A good mix is key
  • PRO
    It's a Beautiful World!
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    Art would certainly bring more interest to your room. I don't know your taste in art but here are a few suggestions based on your color choices and you can check out our page for other ideas... Raisa
    Leaf Study I, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Leaf Study II, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info

Blue Cityscape, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Winter In The Mountains, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Water And Ice - Blue Splash, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Painted By Water And Light, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
    Triple Perspective, by Ben and Raisa Gertsberg, fine art print · More Info
  • Mohanraj S.Sekar
    10 years ago
    juchuan... OMG. Those pieces are AMAZING!!!!!!!!! I especially love the greyish-white flower one. :D
  • Mohanraj S.Sekar
    10 years ago
    Oh, and if you think about it, how about some homely words on the wall. Perhaps a framed pic of a sunset with text like : "home is where the heart is" or 'the kitchen is the heart of the home'? It'll add an inviting, homely touch.
  • PRO
    Elisa Contemporary Art
    10 years ago
    From an art perspective, for a bedroom, you need to think about the type of environment you want to create.

Is it peaceful and serene? If so you may want to consider abstracted landscapes in more muted colors. I've attached 2 recent paintings by Elisa Contemporary Art Artist, Sharon Gordon (and an installation shot)

Is it playful and energetic? If so, go for a brighter color palette. Here is a bold painting by Los Angeles artist, Kimber Berry.

I look for artwork that can take you into another space...allow you to be transported without every leaving the room!

Here are a few ideas to consider from Elisa Contemporary Art (www.ElisaContemporaryArt.com)
  • Cat Rowe
    10 years ago
    Art is very personal, for sure.......
  • Cat Rowe
    10 years ago
    Cpm i just put a good picture for you in my ideabook called Bedrooms. It is a bedroom design by Sarah Richardson. Note no art. Let your bedding, furniture and decor speak for itself. Very calming for a bedroom.