ukrishna100

Rooted Moringa for Kaffir Limeplant/ edible bamboo cuttings

ukrishna100

Hi everyone

I live in South Florida - and am looking for Kaffir lime plant. I am also interested in growing edible bamboo - though need more info from people who have experience. I have rooted some of my Moringa cuttings from my tree that fell last hurricane. I also have ornamental ginger plants, and seeds for Indian pumpkins, cantaloupe and bitter melon to spare. My interest is in gardening for helath benefits and permaculture.

• Florida_Joe's_Z10a

Which ornamental ginger? There are many kinds. Maybe you should post a picture of its bloom if you're unsure. Also which variety of bitter melon? The farmers market where I live always has kaffir lime trees and kaffir lime seedlings for sale as well as many other tropical/subtropical edibles

• ukrishna100

The bitter melon seeds I have are for the South Asian type - see picture. https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Bitter-gourd-variation-within-fruit-of-eight-market-types_fig1_312465074

• ukrishna100

Ornamental ginger I have is red ginger.

• jane__ny

I had a Kaffir lime tree. It was here when we moved in 7 yrs ago.

It was planted in full Southern exposure along my driveway.

I couldn't figure out what to do with it. The fruit was terrible. It made so many fruits they were always on the driveway. We cut it down after a few years.

I live in south Florida and they grow well here.

Jane

• ukrishna100

The leaves of Kaffir lime are used in Thai cooking. The fruit is supposed to be bitter, ridged and not worth anything but the rind is used for Thai cooking too.

East Coast Luxury Kitchens & Interiors