0

Will Frigidaire Professional ss finish match KitchenAid 48" ss range

Raina S

Hi! We are planning a big overhaul of our kitchen and will purchase all new appliances. I am set on getting the stainless Kitchen Aid 48' range Model #KKDRS483VSS with matching micro, and dishwasher and would like to purchase an all frig/freezer. As silly as it sounds l want the handles to somewhat match when mixing appliance brands. I am looking into the Frigidaire Professional Model #FPFU19F8RF with the stainless smudge proof finish as well as the stainless Electrolux Model #EI32AR80QS. The Frigidaire is more cost effective so I would like to lean in that direction. Do any of you have any feedback on if the stainless steel finishes on the Kitchen Aid and Frigidaire Professional will "match"?

• Meg
    I chose Frigidaire Professional appliances mostly because I wanted that smudge proof finish!! I do have a Frigidaire Pro dishwasher, double oven, and cooktop. I love how easily it cleans, and this was a big factor for me in choosing appliances! Unfortunately due to some miscommunication by our cabinet maker, our Frigidaire Pro counter depth fridge did not fit properly in the space so I had to switch it out did a non counter depth fridge and ultimately went with LG. The finish of the true stainless is a little bit shinier than the smudgeproof, but I wouldn't say it's especially noticeable. I think it would be ok as long as the appliances aren't directly next to each other, and I really wish I had been able to keep the smudgeproof finish for my fridge:(. Good luck!
  • Raina S

Thanks Meg! I really appreciate your help!

• Susan Davis

I have a Bosch dishwasher and a Maytag stove in SS and they look fine in my kitchen.....SS is SS, and it looks the same pretty much anyway you use it I think......even high end homes will put in different brands if the client wants a certain way of cooking or cooling or washing.....it will be fine.

Raina S thanked Susan Davis
  • chloebud

All my stainless kitchen appliances are different brands and the finishes all match.

Raina S thanked chloebud
  • Raina S

Thank you all! I think my biggest concern is that the Frigidaire smudge proof finish looked more smooth and "plastic-y" in the showroom than the stainless on the Kitchen Aid range but I haven't seen them close together. Your feedback is so appreciated!

The regular satinless finish works with wahtever maker makes the appliance stick with that finish and it will be fine. I hate to tell you this but the regualr stainless is actually a lot easier to care for than all these new whatever finishes. A mircofiber cloth and hot vinegar water wiped with the grain done.

Raina S thanked Patricia Colwell Consulting
    Sophie Wheeler

Smudge proof fake stainless will not match real stainless. Ever.

Raina S thanked Sophie Wheeler
  • emaldrich

Did you end up getting this combo and did it work okay? How do you like the fridge?

• Raina S

Hi emaldrich! I did go with the ekectrolux. I just couldn’t get past the plastic look of the frigidaire. I’m so happy I did. I would have hated to spend a little less money only to regret it. I think the kitchen aid handles look good with the Electrolux. Just for an added plug of the side by side, it makes cleaning out the frig so much easier because all the food is visible. I see the old leftovers, I toss it! We love it with my family if 5. I have kids, so there are handprints (and footprints....heaven only knows why) but I don’t worry about that because, hey, we LIVE here. :) I’m glad we chose the apliances we bought.

I’ll try to snap some pics. If they come out wonky, I’m sorry.

• Raina S
    Sorry. Can’t seem to get my pictures to work. I’ll try again.
  • Shannon_WI

Looks fabulous Raina!