wmsimons85

Finishing touches and other discussions. :)

wmsimons85

Decided to start a thread in this section, hopefully no one will ask to close it down. :)

Hope all my wonderful Houzz friends will come visit me as well as each other here.

I will be carrying on with my design challenge which has become a marathon as well as an addiction to my discussions with all of you. :)

Comments (8.3K)

• frostedsleet

Thanks Flo. I found her post & will peruse it tomorrow. :)

• Seajay Sparkles

Here are some ideas that strike me as happy wallpapers in the nook.

Flo Mangan

Nice ones. I like first one but frosted night have to put cameras up to ensure no hankie pankie between Miss Peacock and Mr P. Lol

• Seajay Sparkles

This one just popped up on my feed this morning and I love the colors for you. We’re going to have to see what Ms Flo thinks.
    https://www.houzz.com/products/banyan-navy-tree-wallpaper-bolt-prvw-vr~56082109

• Kim

Beautiful wallpapers, Seajay. So hard to choose, but the Banyan Tree colors and print would be very stylin' in an office nook.

• Seajay Sparkles

Frosted must love her Mangan hanging near Mr P. She changed her avatar to show it. We need a new picture of those sweet babies, Frosted.

• frostedsleet

SJS - that Banyan Tree is nice! I’ll have to see if I can get a sample of a few of those posted.

Updated my Avatar just for you Aunt Sparkles! New pics of my sweet Els & Luke. They are growing up too fast! Will be 3 & 1 in September. B-Days only two days apart. Coming to see me in Oct or Nov. ❤️

Flo Mangan

I think big brother is watching us SJ. i posted that Banyan wallpaper on DD’s thread if I recall! Lol. It is pretty. Not sure color works with bench though;(

• Seajay Sparkles

OMG Frosted. They are so darling and BIG. I can’t believe Els will be three. It seems like yesterday we were waiting for the big news from Okinawa. Thanks for posting. I love it.

I don’t remember seeing that wallpaper before Flo. I thought the colors were great with Mr P and the drapes. I think it’s fun and sophisticated.

• Molly

Frosted your new avatar is adorable! You said you’d like to add a color and want something creative and energetic. Did you have a color or pattern in mind?

• frostedsleet

Thanks Auntie Sparkles & Molly! I FaceTime with them 3 times a week & we have such fun. They’re so precious & happy! My daughter is one amazing Mamma.

Molly - I’m not sure what I want but looking for inspiration. Another color is very intriguing. Liking idea of incorporating Green like Flo mentioned. I’m terrible with pattern mixing so my base starts with my bench cushion & pillows I currently have in there now.

• Molly

What about a mural? This is just an example.

• happyleg

A cozy spot. Try floral with green.

• frostedsleet

I’ve seen those but I don’t think a real life mural would work for me. Can’t really explain why it doesn’t appeal to me. I’ll be getting shelves for frames with pics of my family.

• Molly

Ok, let’s find some pretty wallpaper or fabric for the space. :)

• frostedsleet

I ordered these 4 peel & stick samples from Home Depot just to see. They did not have any other samples I liked except maybe a plain birch tree or grasscloth possibly. The other peel & stick websites don’t show samples available so I emailed to inquire.

• frostedsleet

I’ve never wallpapered in my life so not sure I would know how & why I’m looking at peel & stick. It’s such a small area so maybe I could do it?

• Seajay Sparkles

I just this together for you.

• frostedsleet

Will be interesting to see that Banyan wallpaper sample SJS. I like that bottom one with pillows but maybe I want a bit more interest in a pattern?

Flo Mangan

I love the banyan but not 100% sure of blue background working. We can tell better when you get samples. Easy to find instructions and tips on youtube as to how to hang peel and stick. I am confident you can do this!

• frostedsleet

Thanks Flo. I’ll wait for samples. However. I may just find a blue paint color I like (BM or SW navy or Tradewinds) with white floating shelves and possibly a fabric covered lower cork board like Molly suggested. I’ve looked at so many wall papers but just not my area of understanding on how to incorporate into what is in the room now.

• frostedsleet

Hey WMS - miss seeing you. I know Kim & I would love to see your LR & SR photos. I’ve seen but she has not, and the rooms are so gorgeous! Having withdrawals. Can you post some pics? Just ❤️ Love your home!!!

Flo Mangan

Here is my “Happy work wall” and desk. Whimsey wall paper, floating white shelves, books and a decorative ginger jar for mad money! Lol

Flo Mangan

Every time I look at this wallpaper, I see soo different and it makes me smile! I picked this for unexpected twist yet still has blues and greens.

Flo Mangan

*see something different!

• frostedsleet

Oh my...I love that very much!! Do you know where I can find a sample?

• frostedsleet

I love that type of lighting too, if can find a plug in option. I have sockets on each side of niche. My computer goes through a cutout grommet hole on granite top. Would the paper go with my Accessible Beige?

And, would I use the paper on wall around bench?

Flo Mangan

I think it works well and brightens space up a bit. I would just put it on back wall. The sconce I selected is plug variety so should work well. I put two. One for “task” lighting and the other could be aimed toward bookshelves for ambient lighting. It is pricey but you don’t need much. Probably just one roll? Not sure of size of your space. I can imagine you sitting there with your granddaughter and having fun playing a game of “I spy out of my little eye a bunny!” Then the other has to find the bunny! So fun. Several sources so hunt for best price.

Flo Mangan

Put elements on one page for you.

• frostedsleet

Thanks so much Flo! It’s a small area on back desk wall. I’ll order a sample. Els would love!! How fun. My hardware is satin nickel...but would love to bring in brass as well. Or, even some white wall sconces. I have no issues mixing metals. You’re the very best ❤️

• frostedsleet

I ordered samples of Whimsy Multicolor Fauna Wallpaper & also in blue & green. Could not find in a peel & stick though. If I like it, I may need to hire someone. Below is in blue w/green

• Molly

I love that wallpaper!

• Seajay Sparkles

I love that wallpaper too. Really fun. And I love both color ways. The navy bunny works to tie in colors too.

Flo Mangan

Great! Go with the one that is most fun to you. Watch some videos but you can do this. Unless, it might challenge your back too much reaching over desk to that wall. Don’t want you to hurt yourself. If you have a Wallpaper Warehouse nearby, they can provide recommendations for people to hang it and might be able to get product for you too. So fun! Lord knows you could use some fun!!!!

• frostedsleet

Fun? Yes, it’s been awhile. I do live nearby a wallpaper place $ will look into that option.

The Morland Brass light you posted is great but too pricey for me.

What about these? Comes in brass or brushed nickel like my hardware. Has good reviews.

Flo Mangan

Those could work. Since the space is fairly small two arm segments might be better. If you go with the blue and green do brushed nickel. If the colorful, do brass/gold. It doesn’t have to match your hardware. Of course changing hardware might be fun too!

• frostedsleet

The hardware is fairly new so hate to change it out but I’ll look into it for pricing. If go with the multi wallpaper I agree that brass would look best & brushed nickel w/blue.

Flo Mangan

Just kidding a little about hardware. Only if you really need it for the whole look.

• Seajay Sparkles

Can’t beat the price on those lamps and they specs seem a good size for your space. Agree totally about finish with the various wallpaper colors Flo suggests.

Flo Mangan

But.....there are fun choices out there! Lol

Flo Mangan

That dragonfly is so darling. Not bad price either. ;)

• frostedsleet

I actually love dragonflies but not at $1400...yikes. Bubble bee is so cute too!

That lamp actually has a fairly good swivel ability. Yes SJS. - love the price.

• Kim

Haha, frosted...the dragonfly is $5.80. The price you're seeing must have been for something above it on Flo's phone.

• frostedsleet

LOL Kim. You’re right, I was looking at top of pic. I can afford $5.80 though. :). Wonder what Flo was shopping for at $1499?

Flo Mangan

Haha! Ya mean $1499 is too pricey for a great drawer knob? No really. That was just from a screen shot. I have been shopping for furniture for a client so it was probably from that. Or not. Cabinet Hardware source is great for hardware though. Very reasonable pricing.

• Seajay Sparkles

You know how those designers are, guys, money is no object. Especially when it’s OPM. Too funny. Bet your heart was beating faster Frosted. Haha

Flo Mangan

I wish there was a quick way to "crop" screenshots, it would make life easier! Hey, I actually got a response from my "request to Houzz for help with this app on the iPhone!" Responded to the one thing I didn't complain about! 5 year olds could do better!

• frostedsleet

I’ll put almost 3yr old Els on it. She’ll get her done!