0
wmsimons85

Finishing touches and other discussions. :)

wmsimons85

Decided to start a thread in this section, hopefully no one will ask to close it down. :)

Hope all my wonderful Houzz friends will come visit me as well as each other here.

I will be carrying on with my design challenge which has become a marathon as well as an addiction to my discussions with all of you. :)

Comments (6.9K)

• wmsimons85

Happy Easter to all you lovely ladies. Hope everyone is ready and can relax and enjoy the day tomorrow. After the storms we’ve had here in the south the last few days, tomorrow it is going to be sunny and high of 76. Hope it will be nice where you are.

• lynartist
    Happy Easter to all you lovely people! I hope you have a wonderful day !!!!
    Flo Mangan
    Tomorrow I tell you all how we got locked out of house tonight for 4 hours! Lots of lessons learned! Exhausted now.
  • wmsimons85

I just read it and responded!! Unbelievable!! Flo as I said you deserve to be served tomorrow. If I was there I would do it. :). Happy Easter!!

Flo Mangan
    Thx wms. Afraid I am cook but I know family will do clean up. Have a lovely day everyone!
  • Lisa SW
    Happy Easter to all, and special thoughts for Flo who I hope has a much better day.
  • lynartist
    Oh geez Flo! Sorry for the mishap , have a lovely day!
  • Seajaygerns
    Happy Easter everyone. WMS we have gorgeous weather here too. Friday’s storms pulled out all the humidity. Flo, so sorry to hear about your mishap. Been there, done that. No fun.
    Flo Mangan
    Thx seajay, lynartist and all. Have a Blessed Easter or happiness wherever you are. Put a spare house key somewhere outside your home if you haven’t already! Test them too! One spare I had doesn’t work and I know I tested them after I had them made! Just awful way to spend an entire night. Good news was it wasn’t raining and stormy! And we met a nice neighbor and his daughter! I did get my Easter cake frosted. Not as great as yours lynartist but cute nonetheless. Love the sugared marshmallow flowers! Pic coming!
    Flo Mangan
    Thanks lynartist for the sugared marshmallow idea. They only had Jumbo marshmallows left but the size works for dish!
  • Seajaygerns
    Flo, what we did is to get a garage door opener that you put a 4 number code into that is attached to the outside molding around the garage door. It is battery operated so no problems if electricity goes out. Any garage door company can install it. About $50.
    Flo Mangan
    Thx seajay. We have a guy coming out Monday to work on locks!! That was planned. So a day late. Lol.
  • wmsimons85

That is beautiful Flo!! We don’t have an outside hidden key but I will now ! Thank you. Hope you can laugh about it now and can enjoy that gorgeous cake of yours,

• frostedsleet

Gorgeous cake Flo! I love all your creative holiday desserts.

I hope everyone has a blessed day on this very Special day! God Bless you Friends❤️

Flo Mangan
    Thanks frosted. Same to you and your family!!
    Flo Mangan
    Btw, lynartist deserves all creative credit. She posted a layer cake even more beautiful and described the marshmallow flowers. Thanks lyn!!!
  • Seajaygerns
    Frosted. El and little Luke covered in chocolate from their Easter baskets. Darling thoughts.
  • frostedsleet

I can’t seem to find Lyn’s cake. Was it posted on another thread? Would love to see it.

Flo Mangan
    Yes she posted on another thread. I will hunt it up.
  • Seajaygerns
    here’s Lyn’s cake, Frosted.

Flo Mangan
    Thx seajay!! I was just hunting here!
  • shwshw

Hi frosted! Happy Easter

• Seajaygerns

That’s pretty funny. “Cake, Frosted” as opposed to what. . . unfrosted! LOL

• frostedsleet

SJG - you are one hilarious Gal! Oh my...Lyn that is very lovely. Both those cakes are Pinterest worthy. Hey Shwshw- happy Easter to you and yours too!❤️

• wmsimons85

Hello Frosted! That’s an adorable photo. Hope you and your family are also having a wonderful Easter.

• lynartist
    Sorry I missed everything today. I was sooo busy! Great job Flo on your cake! Glad you all had such a wonderful day , we did also!
    Flo Mangan
    Cake was great as I’m sure yours was and I thank you! Everyone loved it. ;)!
  • marrymaid
    Hope all of you had a wonderful Easter. We feel very blessed to have all of us (12) enjoying Easter in one of our favorite places. This is a pic of the egg hunt that the condo building had for all of the Littles.
    I apologize that I didn’t have time to catch.
  • wmsimons85

Hello Marrymaid. Can’t see your pic but glad to hear you had a wonderful Easter with your family.

I also had a good laid back one with my family. It was relaxed because they didn’t come here. :) It was an absolutely glorious day and looks like we are having another one today!

• shwshw

I just started a dilemma and would love some input from my friends. Feel like I'm coming out of the woodwork. https://www.houzz.com/discussions/5677238/hallway-help

• Seajaygerns
    Can I brag on my dear sister for a minute. She is getting so good in doing her fluid art pours. I’m helping her get ready for a show and she just poured this. I happen to think it gorgeous. No need to comment, just felt like sharing.
  • wmsimons85

Seajay it’s beautifu and the colors are just stunning to me. She has really become an expert at this. Let us know how the show goes.

• lynartist
    I think these are just so beautiful Seajay!!!!
  • Cheryl Hannebauer

it is so great, would love to do one of these in greens....

• Joy Peace
    Such a fun thread. Good people!
    Flo Mangan
    Beautiful. Like Easter eggs we used to dye with oils! Very pretty!
  • Seajaygerns
    Thanks so much y’all. She’s not doing a show per se. She was asked to hang and sell her art in a really nice art gallery in Gatlinburg, TN, when she was there visiting. The owner fell in love with her stuff. Needless to say, she’s over the moon. She’s sold things locally here through our art club, but this new venture is serious business. So, we’re traveling to TN the first week of May to hang her art in one of the areas he’s set aside for her. I’ll take pictures. I’m so freakin proud of her.
  • Molly
    Love the colors, they would be perfect in my bedroom! :)
  • shwshw

I'm with Molly, love the colors. How exciting for both of you

• Lisa SW
    Happy to see everyone had an enjoyable Easter. My drive, even crossing the GWB was uneventful. Easter dinner was take out pizza and gnocchi, but it was an enjoyable day with my daughter. I’m now in Newport sans bossy, bathroom hog. Molly, you’re right...Almondy Inn is wonderful! (I’m still coveting the tureen.) Had a lunch that was so good I thought I might go back for dinner. I went back through the thread and discovered I’d stumbled upon one of Lyn’s recommendation — Benjamin.
  • lynartist
    I’m so glad you are enjoying your trip Lisa! Have a fabulous time!!!
  • Seajaygerns
    Lisa. Hope you’re having a great time. Nice to get away for a while.
  • wmsimons85

It sounds like a wonderful trip Lisa, hope you are having a good time.

Flo Mangan
    Wonderful report!! Hoping for great travels for you.
  • Seajaygerns
    Hey Flo. Just curious, what did the locksmith do today to make your life easier.
  • marrymaid
    Ha, was on my phone and after another busy day I hope the Easter egg hunt picture will post from my iPad. As I mentioned, I will try to catch up with all of your comments. One funny thing is there are codes for property entrance, beach entrance, pool entrance, work out room entry and another for our condo. Needless to say, I had to take a picture of the list with my phone as my feeble memory is lacking. Now, just not to forget my phone. Lol. Hoping all is well and everyone is smiling.
  • wmsimons85

Well that photo make me smile. :). Really pretty Marrymaid. Sounds like you are also having a wonderful time! Look forward to seeing your Easter egg photo.

• Seajaygerns
    Marrymaid. Hunting Easter eggs on the beach. What fun! Where is this beautiful beach and water. I’m jealous.
    Flo Mangan
    He didn’t get here today. Got a bug while out of town! Hoping for sometime this week. Thanks for thinking of us!
  • Molly

Lisa so happy to hear you like the Almondy Inn! Enjoy your trip. :)