0

Stacked Cabinets & Hardware Choices

pink_peony
April 4, 2018

I need to finalize my hardware choices for my new build. In my kitchen I have chosen a white shaker double stacked cabinet. I don't have a picture as they haven't been installed yet. The stacked cabinet door will have a single glass front. The hardware will be polished Nickel. I am considering putting the glass knobs on the upper stacked cabinet doors and the handles on the upper cabinet doors. Then handles on lower cabinet drawers and doors. I can't decide if this will look odd. I was hoping to go to the house and try out different options once cabinets are installed but my builder is telling me these should have been ordered weeks ago and I need to make a choice NOW. I really love the glass knobs and would like to incorporate them.

New Home · More Info

New Home · More Info

Comments (4.2K)

• niccidhg
    Happy birthday, Pink ! Hope your new year brings you lots of happy memories, “smooth sailing” and , above all , always, good health .
    pink_peony thanked niccidhg
  • wmsimons85

Happy Birthday from me too. Great idea to get those gorgeous sconces on your list. :)

pink_peony thanked wmsimons85
  • nidnay

Sorry I missed your birthday pink...happy belated. Wasn’t your hubby out of town?

pink_peony thanked nidnay
  • pink_peony

Thanks everyone! DH returned on Friday. Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was pretty low key. We spent the weekend car shopping with our son who is buying his first car after the hand me down car he drove was totaled after someone ran a red light a couple months back. We went out to dinner the three of us early to return home to watch the Super Bowl. Daughter and other son of course are away at school. I found myself really missing them being here to celebrate this trip around the sun. Today I am heading out with girl friends for lunch and shopping as a birthday day. Still not 100% with this cold/flu thing so low key is good.

• Molly
    Just wondering if you ever settled on bedroom shams/end of bed quilt?
  • pink_peony

Molly I have two options that are possible. The current quilt I have on the foot of the bed is a Pottery Barn one in porcelain blue linen. It is the "match" but in my room I feel like it looks rather dull.

But it does match. PB recently came out with this again in a color called Mineral. I have narrowed down that the Mineral color is the same as the Porcelain blue color from a couple years back and last year BUT idk if it is the same as my porcelain blue. In the store it looked much brighter and greener on their swatch. But they didn't have a piece of it I could buy and bring home so I either need to haul my king size quilt in there lol or order a sham offline. I'm dragging my feet because IDK if I love it (my quilt that is) enough to want to buy it again. My second option is the gray one I shared before. I love the look/style of it but am not sure I want gray. it is made out of tencel so it almost looks like silk.

• pink_peony

Donna , thank you. I don’t mind sharing ;-) the island lights are by Libby Langdon for Crystorama (i think it’s crystorama) and the dining light is from Pottery Barn and i think it’s called the Francesca. I can check to confirm both of these later for you when I’m on my home laptop. Currently typing this from my phone. Hopefully this helps.

• Laura Mac

Happy Belated Birthday Pink! Love your bedding!

pink_peony thanked Laura Mac
  • pink_peony

Ummm Donna now i don’t see your comment? Well here is the exact info just in case you’re still interested.

I was correct it is crystorama. I didn’t want to use the shades on this. They can order you polished nickel candle sleeves to replace the white candle sleeves and shades are removable as well. This is what i did. If they order from the catalog (i ordered mine from a lighting store) there is an option to get polished nickel candle sleeves but it’s kinda hidden.

https://www.google.com/shopping/product/5677763088766019858?q=libby+langdon.for.crystorama&client=safari&sa=X&hl=en-us&biw=375&bih=537&tbs=vw:g,ss:67&prmd=simvn&prds=epd:17106284600246176461,paur:ClkAsKraX65SJGvhep0_QkHK1yvWk7FfTyeQ7dArU7-QYiOttiEGlEEd4B45bZ0L8pqfVc2na28o_bSHDgzHfGLy32CwDQ_-8b8XVK4UiME0OwoMJO-ehA-1XRIZAFPVH72pyc8OTHvfJp--bwv7CP0J9jJg1g,cdl:1,prmr:1,cs:1&ved=0ahUKEwjKg6n6mqvgAhUR11kKHaXPD8oQgTYIsQU

And it is the francesca from PB. Bonus it looks like it’s 20% off right now!

https://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/francesca-beaded-chandelier/?pkey=e%7Cframcesca%7C2%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH

• pink_peony

Laura which bedding? I’m trying to decide ;-)

• Molly

Option 2 is very pretty. Thought I’d share this, it’s a little different.

• pink_peony

Molly i love the color of that but not crazy about texture/pattern. That is why i do love the gray one because i love the loft it has vs just lying flat on the bed.

• Molly
    Ah I thought you were looking for something flat.
  • pink_peony

Ideally i would love a silk like or velvet like texture and some loft , but something i can wash. I found one but the quilt alone was close to $1000 and i just can’t justify that. My dog gets up there sometime and i would be a wreck worrying About Her ruining it!

• Laura Mac

I love velvet coverlets, but most don't have loft. I do that with a soft duvet cover/down comforter underneath. I have 3 velvet coverlets and love them -- easy to wash and always look so pretty with just a little sheen! By the time you add a beautiful faux fur throw on top, and lots of pillows, it will be perfect and timeless... and not cost and arm and a leg.

What about an ivory?

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/madison-park-harper-coverlet-set/3310229

And I have this one and it's really pretty. How about the Blue Haze?

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/tribeca-living-florence-velvet-quilt-set/3348950?keyword=velvet-coverlets&color=BLUE%20HAZE

• swrite
    Pink, catching up. Hope you’re feeling all better, Happy Belated Birthday, & I’m so relieved you didn’t freeze to death. Hope hubby is doing something extra special for you tomorrow to make up for leaving you unheated & sick! If it’s not too late to vote, all the sconces are nice, but A is my fave. Plus you can decorate that bottom circle with danglies or such for the holidays & other occasions. The fave room you posted that everyone loves gave me a chuckle because it makes me think of yours & Nidnay’s spaces combined. Elements of each in there, so no wonder it’s such a pretty, well-liked space. Have you ever considered adding your aqua into the bedroom anywhere for your extra color, or would it clash too much with the blue-grays in real life?
  • pink_peony

Well I’m sitting here at A hotel at the airport in Dallas since last night. We had flown out to CA to celebrate my

mother in laws 80th birthday. Flew back yesterday but ended up getting stuck in Dallas as oir second flight was cancelled. They couldn’t get us on another flight till tonight. So if. IF that flight is on time we won’t be landing until almost midnight tonight. Happy flippin Valentines! I’m hosting a party tomorrow and had planned on getting a ton done today and now i really don’t know how I’m going to get everything done. My house has been left to a 22 year old male and a dog for a week! ........anyways....

laura i ordered that blue haze and i loved the quilt itself but the color is. It even close to what it appeared in the picture. It’s really a slate blue. I was so disappointed!

swrite the blue I’m trying to add to my bedroom is like the Bathroom paint color.

As far as sconces A was is my first choice too. I still have to tape up the dimensions on the wall to see how they play out.

Speaking of walls.....the gas lines were replaced and all is good in that dept. However while out of town i got an email from the builders warranty company letting me know they have 60 days to repair the drywall. So i guess that means i am supposed to live with my walls torn up for 60 days.

• pink_peony

I’m thinking of changing my screen name to Charlie Brown. I seriously must have the worst luck ROTFL! The real kicker is my husband could have flown home because he would have been able to be bumped on another flight standby because he is an A lister so that Puts him to the top of the list. But I’m not. So i was at the bottom of a lOMG standby list. Unbelievable! So here we are.

• nidnay
    Well I hope you roped off most of the house before you left so as to limit the male mess to a small area :)
    Beth H. :

oh pink. you picked a heck of time to come out here. it hasn't stopped raining since yesterday.

as for your home, if mine can survive my son and cats, yours will too! yours can't be as bad as mine!

hopefully they get you out of there!

• pink_peony

Just arrived back to the airport because the latest check out time hotel could give us was 2:00. New flight is now delayed. It was supposed to leave at 7:00 now 8:45 . This isn’t looking hopeful. I’m so mad i could spit.

• swrite

Aaauuugghhh. You guys could have driven home by now. Sheesh. Don’t know if this will cheer you up or not, but I just came across this fabric searching for something greek key (don’t ask me why this showed up), but nonetheless, I immediately thought of you. Seems it also comes in a brown & a gray version similar to your rug. Various pillows made of this also showed up on Etsy. Might make cute curtains too. https://www.fabric-hq.com/vern-yip-navy-antelope-linen-fabric.html?source=googleshopping&category_id=2&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIlc_W7pO84AIVh7bACh1B8wN7EAQYAyABEgIRT_D_BwE

• nidnay

For your spitting pleasure :)

Flo Mangan
    OMG. waiting for my oldest son to arrive from Cleveland oh thru Dallas! But he is on ground in Houston on his way here. Fingers crossed!
    Beth H. :

suzy,,,i know, it's been awful. husband just found a leaky window which leads to a leaky roof. the drywall and window surround are all soaked and black. going to need a complete tear out of that window, drywall and redo the roof. Super. going to have to tarp the roof tmrw. I knew we've been too lucky with no leaks.

• suzyq53

I know Beth. Crazy weather huh. Sorry about your roof and window leaks. I'm going to take down my comment. I meant to put on nidnay's post.

• swrite
    Pink Wonder Woman, did you ever make it back home? You Californians, weren’t you just in a major drought? Saw a headline earlier about heavy winds & flooded vineyards. WTH? Sounds like our psycho weather changes over here where one day you’re in short sleeves & the next day it’s icy everywhere. Beth, hope your damage gets fixed okay. Lots of hassle & you’ve worked so hard & done such a beautiful job on your home. Hate to think that’s getting ruined.
    Flo Mangan
    Beth. So sorry you have roof problems! The worst. Sure hope you get to a relatively easy solution. Be safe!
  • wmsimons85

Just saw this. Pink Peony what a nightmare traveling situation. After your guests leave hope you will be able to relax and I also hope you don’t worry one bit about your house before they arrive. What better excuse could you have if your kids leave a mess and no bother of having to clean up before and after! Hope you make it back safely today.

So sorry to hear about your roof problems as well Beth. Hope you and Hubby can get it sorted easily and quickly. No doubt of all people here you will get it done properly!

Beth H. :

thanks guys. husband just got out his moisture meter and we're at 100% all the way around the window, drywall, corner exterior stud and it looks like it traveled to the adjoining room and got the slab w/the wood flooring. husband found the cracked roof tile that cause the issue. Oh well. I had wanted a new window in that spot anyway, so it was getting torn out eventually. The roof has been patched so many times, but not this spot! time to break down and get a new one.

this is the spot. the entire header and stud to the right is soaked, as is the entire wall below the window. the paint is peeling off above the window, and the wood flooring around that corner has moisture. luckily because of the slope, that wood ceiling is ok, water hit the joist and ran down to the window header and spread out from there. Let's hope insurance will pick up part of the tab!

all the orange tabs are where the moisture readings are too much.

• niccidhg
    Fingers crossed for you, Beth. Thank goodness that gorgeous ceiling is ok.
  • nidnay

Yikes Beth.....what a pain. I am STILL waiting on my deceased roofers insurance to give the go ahead for repairs for my roof leak that happened months ago

pink_peony thanked nidnay
    Beth H. :

oh man. that sucks. Do you just have plastic over it now?

I called our insurance and they said they've had so many claims for roofs this month, that they've set up an 800 number to file claims. Luckily husband can do all the repairs himself (except the re-roof) so we won't have to wait to get it done, just the reimbursement.

pink_peony thanked Beth H. :
  • lshack17
    Beth, so sorry for all that you are going through. It's really sad what is happening on your coast. I am so glad also, that those amazing ceilings were spared. Cheers to sunny, dry days ahead!
  • wmsimons85

Beth that sounds awful! So lucky though that your husband is so talented and as Nicci said it is very lucky you don’t have to repair that gorgeous wood ceiling. Glad you don’t have to wait. Nidnay hope you don’t have to wait much longer too!

• marrymaid
    I lurk and very seldom comment as I am not well informed and old. Lol
    I do hope Pink is home and realizes it isn’t that important about being ready for company as true friends won’t care. ( took me a long time to figure that out).
    Beth, I am so sorry this mess is happening with you. If there are any positives, you do get that new window and OH can make it right. Another plus, you are so talented that you will make a negative into a positive.
    Beth H. :

thank you marry maid. and i'm rather old too! looking forward to the new window. not looking forward to redoing the roof, but that was inevitable. it is what it is. a lot of folks have much worse to deal with, so I'm not complaining. much. ;)

• marrymaid
    Beth, I never considered it one bit as complaining. I would imagine, like us, you just hate to spend the money, although necessary, and thankful we have it at this time in our lives. This is the main reason we are considering downsizing to a villa where the community takes care of outside maintenance and home insurance. Looking forward to the new window and deco. You are so talented.
  • pink_peony

Yes we made it home! 1:00 am Friday morning. I hosted my event and now at 11:53 am currently still in my PJ’s and on the sofa with my sweet Georgia and hubby. It is rainy and blustery here today. One of the weird days thaf starts out warmer and the temp drops throughout the day.

Beth UGH! Sorry to hear about the leak! Sounds like a lot of construction repair is in your near future. Hopefully insurance takes care of it!

• Molly
    Saw this while browsing today. Can’t beat the price! It’s washable velvet.
    pink_peony thanked Molly
  • Cheryl Hannebauer

It looks nice Molly.

Flo Mangan

Pink, so glad you are home safe and sound. That travel stuff really takes it out of you. When my hubby and I in our corporate lives were traveling a lot, it was the golden times! First class with frequent flying, great customer service and tons of perks. Not any more. My flying days are over. I just hate the hassle and the airports and the waiting, standing, running, etc. It has become a real pain. Flying in private jets, which was my honor at one point in my career, was sooooooooo nice! That is the only way to go believe me. So, take it easy, relax and watch some Hallmark movies. They are so cute, even though they are very predictable, but no worries. Relaxes me for sleep!! I am hooked and record them so I can watch late at night! Hubby and I watch the better ones together. I'm the "screener". haha! Enjoy your day!

• Laura Mac

Pink I"m so sorry the blue haze color was so off! I love BBB velvet spreads. Keep searching their site. If you become the member, you get the 20% off with free shipping and you can simply return to the store (if you are close to one). I purchased MANY before I found the one, but I. have 3 on different beds and love them. Washable, just a touch of glam.

Another one I found was at Steinmart... Some of their stuff is cheap but if you hit it right, they have some pretty velvets...

• Laura Mac

@Beth, what a bummer, but why not do a mini-remodel while you're at it? Before you replace the roof, see if there's anything else you can update/fix/bump out/etc. ;-).

• Laura Mac

@Flo, sounds like you had quite a fun career flying first and in private jets! I too would much rather be home watching some good Hallmark movies or TV. ;-P

• swrite
    Pink, that’s why I was calling you Wonder Woman. Knew if anyone could pull off hosting a party right after getting home, it would be you. Now continue some much needed napping & laze away.
  • lshack17
    I am sure the Trifle Queen even managed to pull together an amazing trifle to serve. :)
  • pink_peony

Too funny! Yes i made a quick chocolate toffee trifle. Then i had to go store bought on the rest . That said i got the best Tampenade from the whole foods olive bar and then a fresh chopped type salsa from their salad bar and added avacodo and basil and squeezed lime on it and then served both with sour dough rounds i brought back from San Francisco (nothing like true sourdough from SF) and it was yummy! Then the usual veggie platter and cheese platter etc. Nothing elaborate. Luckily my son had a box of chocolates and i was able to make a beautiful design that looked like flower petals on top of my trifle with them.

Molly i wonder what the blue of that looks like in person? On my screen it actually looks gray. I’m leaning towards the PB gray tencel one. I do love it.

Flo i love me some Hallmark movies! We had about two weeks worth of recorded shows we ended up watching. This Is Is, etc. It was a very relaxing day! Sadly I’m sick and we take off again Thursday for my sons graduation and I’m panicked I’m not going to be able to go. Feel like poop! Too much burning the candle at both ends for me I’m afraid. Off to do errands today. Getting a late start.

• Cheryl Hannebauer

Hope that yr feeling better pink .