Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
robinc7

Help! Hardware & lighting-satin nickel vs. polished nickel?

robinc7
5 years ago

I selected from my cabinet company linear pull hardware in satin nickel. I can’t return it. my Kitchen is shaker, white cabinetry, sea pearl quartzite.

‘My question, for my faucet I was selecting kohler artifacts which comes in SN or polished nickel-which should I get?

#2-Pendant lighting-I am thinking of going with the “nautilus” style Pendants. Not sure what what match best with the satin nickel hardware?

Any thoughts appreciated. i was rushed in my hardware selection and now I feel I should‘ve picked the polished nickel.

‘Thoughts the appearance between satin and polished nickel?

i can’t return it, hate to spend more $, but would rather opt for the right metal tone than wrong.

Boxborough Contemporary Kitchen 2 · More Info

Comments (7)

• redsilver
    5 years ago

Satin Nickel is really nice. It will be very nice.

robinc7 thanked redsilver
  • robinc7
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Can I mix SN and Polished and have it looks nice? I.e. hardware is SN, can I go with lighting that is polished or brushed? Or faucet polished.

I guess, what wouldn’t mix well with the SN hardware I selected?

My husband isn’t keen on the lighting, so I am still looking for other options. Also, I was trying to give my kitchen a coastal, beach look.

Thanks!

• redsilver
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Yes, I think you can mix it. I don't think you would have any problem at all doing that. ....silver is silver. ... is silver. I have a brushed satin double sink, and a shiny Delta faucet....never thought twice about it... It's silver. It works. It's paid for. LOL And your lights are not near your kitchen faucet. I have a ceiling recessed light above my kitchen sink(recessed into over head cabinets that hang down 30 inches from my ceiling)...it only came with a white square frame at the time... I have cut glass ceiling 'salad bowl' style kitchen fixtures, with shiny brass edge and middle mount to match my other ceiling fixtures in my open den. It all works to make light for my family. Shiny, Brushed, Silver, Gold, Crystal, Glass, it all makes a house. And the tax man thinks it's a castle! LOL

robinc7 thanked redsilver
  • PRO
    Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
    5 years ago

Absolutely, I don't see any issue with mixing satin and polished nickel. I have matte black hardware and lighting with stainless steel sink/faucet/refrigerator/ovens, cooktop and range hood. Looks just great! As long as you repeat a finish at least once or twice, it can look considered and well put together.

robinc7 thanked Diana Bier Interiors, LLC
  • Rio Brewster
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Yes you can mix the satin and polished nickel.

Personally I love polished nickel - I think it looks very rich and it's more unique. Satin nickel is everywhere.

That said, the reason satin nickel is so popular is because it hides things like fingerprints and water spots better than a polished finish. (To me it's not a big deal to wipe down my faucet, others disagree.)

So if you want your faucet to be a focal-point, polished nickel will give your kitchen more sparkle. But if you want it to blend in, there are advantages to the satin finish.

Either way it will look great!

• Rio Brewster
    5 years ago

Just don't try to mix polished chrome with polished nickel. The chrome has a blue undertone, but the nickel is warmer.