0

Help...I need a mock up!

mary44
April 9, 2018
I know there are a few of you out there with good mock up skills. I was hoping someone could help me. I would like to see this picture replace the round metal piece over my sectional. Thanks!

Comments (1.5K)

Flo Mangan

Pretty, but I think we need a bit more pizzaz on that wall? Especially with the chandelier? Nice picture though and I do like that art. Love Uttermost.

• Claire Larece

How do you feel about the Farrell 6 light chandelier

Home Interiors with Ease

Hi Mary..posting a few wall art ideas...let me know your thought.:)

Home Interiors with Ease

Mary have you considered adding slender buffet lamps?

• Claire Larece

Also is there a way you can remove the bowl cover off your chandelier

• mary44
    Thanks Kjoy for the mock up. I like the uttermost but I think I would rather have 1 large piece it would be easier to hang:)

Claire I prefer a chandelier with some sort of shade. I’m not sure if my globes come off or not what did you have in mind?

Julie I would consider buffet lamps. What did you have in mind? As far as the art do I need to get something that works with the large art in the living room since when you look into the rooms you will see both? I do like 3 and 4 where are they from? Thanks:)
  • Claire Larece

Something like the Quoizel Mirren 28" Wide Imperial Bronze 6-Light Chandelier

• mary44
    Good morning Claire :). I prefer something with shades .
  • Claire Larece

Good Morning, Ok I understand..what about a Drum shade?

• mary44
    Looking preferably for a five light brushed nickel with globes, shades...something covering the bulbs.
  • Claire Larece

how about the soho chandelier

Home Interiors with Ease

Hey Mary..yes the art I posted I felt would be Complementary to the art you have in the LR.....I will post some buffet light ideas....:)

mary44 thanked Home Interiors with Ease
    mary44 thanked Home Interiors with Ease
    mary44 thanked Home Interiors with Ease
  • mary44

Claire...so far this is my favorite. Looking for something with soft curves to mimic my chairs.

https://www.birchlane.com/lighting/pdp/agnes-5-light-shaded-chandelier-ando4296.html

• kjoy1
    Love that one Mary...go for it:)
    mary44 thanked kjoy1
  • mary44

Thanks Julie for the boards :) Boy they all would work. Which ones do you like best for the room?

• mary44

Hi Kjoy:) I was hoping to find the agnes or something similar that i could order from one of the retail chains so it would be easier to return if needed.

Home Interiors with Ease

Not to confuse you but what do you think of this? Something completely different from what you have now....and will work well with shaded slender buffet lamps....very pretty...great size too!

Home Interiors with Ease

I love all the wall art..they all work great!

• mary44

Julie...the Haworth is nice and different but I think I would tire of it. Anyway I have to get something with a chain to swag.

I like the first 2 art pics and the 1st pic in the second post. Where are they from? SInce they are square what size would i need?

Home Interiors with Ease

Sorry forgot about the chain swag situation:(...no problem just thought it was very sleek...not your normal orb..very transitional....it may be a cord/ covered cable..but totally understand....:). The art is all from great big canvas.....

mary44 thanked Home Interiors with Ease
    Home Interiors with Ease

I think I would get chandelier and buffet lamps first..than we can really get the perfect size for the area above the buffet.....

• mary44

Okay....lamps and chandalier first. I like those where are they from?

• mary44

Kjoy if you have time could you please do a couple more mock ups for me:). I would like to see each picture with the Agnes chandelier. Thanks!

• kjoy1

I guessed on sizes...

mary44 thanked kjoy1
  • mary44

Thanks Kjoy for being so helpful and talented :)

• mary44

Thoughts on chandalier and art together? I've been looking at alot of chandaliers need some reassurance on this one :) Guess I'm a little nervous because whatever I get will be there a long time. Are there any other ones you liked better for the space? The room is about 12 x 9 with 8 ft ceilings.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone !

Thanks:)

• kjoy1

Here is the second one you wanted...

• mary44

Thanks Kjoy :)

Flo Mangan
    Mary. I just saw these medallions that I thought might be interesting in your dining room.
    Flo Mangan
    Mary, I did a little mock up for you. Also, ran across this bargain chandy you might like.
  • mary44

Thanks Flo :) Do you think the plates compliment the large art in the living room? There is gray in it but not the blues. That would be adding a new color to the space.

Flo Mangan

All your colors are neutral, so I think it might be worth trying. Of course, you never know what a true color will be until you get the pieces, but I am concerned that another picture in the dining room on that wall, might not work as well as a different one with some texture. Spaces that adjoin each other benefit from some variation in types of wall hangings. There are other objects you might consider too that would be more neutral if that is your goal. But these are pretty neutral. Slight variations make spaces more interesting and give it some personality. But of course, your choice.

• mary44

I understand what you are saying Flo. Maybe I can find some inspiration pics.

Kjoy that art is pretty but you are right....it is not in my budget. :(

Flo Mangan
    I will look for some photos for you but oldest son coming in to town on business so I probably won’t get much else done today. But I have a few more ideas percolating!
    mary44 thanked Flo Mangan
    Flo Mangan
    Mary - while waiting for nail appt i was looking for inspiration photo for you. I was wondering if you have any small prints, possibly sepia type old family photos that or photos that are meaningful to you that we could get framed in two large pictures with large white mats.
    Flo Mangan
    Crazy photo problems on Houzz. Of course we would size the pictures to suit the buffet size. Click on photo to see inspiration photo i posted for you.
    Flo Mangan
    Here is another photo with the same style.
  • mary44

I think I like the other art better. Thanks Flo :)

Flo Mangan

ok, just offering you options.

mary44 thanked Flo Mangan
  • mary44

Hi Julie...What are your thoughts on the mock ups that kjoy did for me ? The 2 different art pieces with the chandelier.

• mary44

Awe thanks Kjoy:)...so nice of you to take time to find those. It's interesting to me how they all have different names....same chandelier. I am hoping to hear Julie's thoughts before placing the order. She must be busy haven't seen her on.

• kjoy1
    Yes...hoping she is just busy and not still sick...starting to worry about her:(
  • Linda
    I too am concerned about Julie, like so many of you she has become a very special friend! Its amazing how Houzz, thru my many dilemmas has opened a whole new social outlet for me with such great advice and suggestions! Thru your threads I’m constantly learning. Thanks to all and prayers out to Julie that she is well and all is fine!
  • mary44
    I hope she’s okay usually when she’s not gonna be on for a few days she mentions it.