Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_9459064

what color to paint exterior siding with this brick?

User
6 years ago
We’re having the (light grey) siding re-painted and I’d love opinions about what color you would choose. This area by the garage and most of the back of the house are wood siding. The rest of the house is the brick you see. Will add more photos...

Comments (18)

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    More of the brick
  • PRO
    User
    6 years ago
    Hi Stephanie,

You are correct in changing out the paint from the gray. The brick doesn’t have enough of that color to support it. Go with the color you see most when looking at your brick. Medium to dark tan or better yet match paint with the brick trim around your windows.
    good luck,
    Roz
  • User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I was looking at colors along these lines. Open to others...

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

also this one

• phuninthesun
    6 years ago

I would use one of the darker colors in your stone.

• PRO
    BeverlyFLADeziner
    6 years ago

• felizlady
    6 years ago
    If you want contrast, paint the siding and garage door a medium-dark gray without undertones. If you want minimal contrast, paint the siding and garage door the middle or darkest brown-type color in the brick.
  • niccidhg
    6 years ago
    Stephanie, your house is really pretty .I think a mid to light shade of green , like one of those below , would be very nice . It would provide subtle contrast, without taking away from the light feel of your brick . It would also tie in , organically, with the soft brown of your roof and the natural landscape.
  • User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I love the soft minty green idea, niccidhg!

• User
    6 years ago

I personally don't think that the siding needs to be accentuated. I would rather it blend in with the brick rather than chop up the home.The same with the garage door.

• User
    Original Author
    6 years ago

thank you! here is SW Cotton White

• User
    6 years ago

That's a lovely color Stephanie :)

• User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Any other ideas about color? Here’s one more picture of the brick
  • Hilda Minasazi
    5 years ago
    I
  • niccidhg
    5 years ago
    Still pulling for a very pale green like I posted earlier - not like “ every other house on the block “ - still very light in feel , no jarring contrast, but providing some interest.
  • User
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    We are finally done painting (BM Titanium) on our exterior siding. We’re happy with the result.
  • niccidhg
    5 years ago
    Very pretty, Stephanie . Thank you for sharing the end result .
Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!