Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kingslane

The drama continues....6 days later

kingslane
10 years ago
Following up on all your ' living room 'suggestions, I have found two rugs and a table I think Might work. Let me know what you think! Thanks for the help.

Comments (243)

• Carolina
    10 years ago
    quietude
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    The other ones you mentioned are very similar to the ones above. I threw in a Luau Green, just for fun:
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    And a Sommelier (who doesn't like a good glass of wine)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I love all of them!!!!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Can you throw the painting on the wall? The one I posted above here? Thank you!!
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    I like the Sommelier. Lovely dramatic, warm and sort of neutral at the same time.
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    carolins, mfoor, I was just looking at some other colors as well...I love' quietude ' but worry about how it might look with the floor..that said..here are a few that I saw this morning..renwick rose beige, herbal wash, dormer brown and San Antonio sage..
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Painting on Quietude:
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Deep sigh.... LOL.... Okay... I'm on it. I personally think the lighter blues may be too light for your bright and sunny room. And I'm not convinced they are the best choice for your floor.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Victoria, blues and browns are lovely together. But if you don't think so, then they won't work for your room. I liked the beach look it brought on, that's why I posted that painting, because of the mix of blue greens and the browns. Luckily, there's a load of colors out there!!! We will find the right one for you :)
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Uh oh, I hate it when I don't agree with carolins, makes me sad :(, what about a stronger blue green?
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Here they are: Renwick Rose Beige, Herbal Wash, Dormer Brown and San Antonio Sage
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    carolins - I checked out the Etsy pillow site you recommended to Victoria - wow, thank you! I'll be using that site in the future!!! My opinions (for what they're worth:) on the newest wall colors are the blues aren't great, the green is terrible and the Sommelier is really nice.
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    mforr, don't be sad, I agree with you that blues and browns go great together. Just not in this case ;-) A teal could work. Shall I try a teal?
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    I don't love any of the latest four. I think it might need to be a stronger color like the Sommelier (I love that one) or the peppery.
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Dried Thyme, Really Teal, Teal Stencil, Rookwood Shutter Green
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    The Rookwood and Dried Thyme aren't too bad, but not as good with the floor as the Sommelier. I think you're really on to something with the Sommelier Carolins.
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    I think the rose beige colours are all not bad, but a bit bland and boring. They don't make my heart sing so to speak. I think they are a reaction to the very bright pink, but don't be afraid to go for a colour.
    I agree with Ann, this is a perfect wall for a stronger colour that connects with the floor and makes your sectional stand out. And that makes that area a cozy area to relax in. This room is so large and high, it can really handle something stronger.
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Ann, yes, that Sommelier is really good with the floor isn't it? I love it too.
    But I have to say that I also like the last batch of 4.

Hmm... and yep, that Etsy pillow site does have really gorgeous ones. Some of them cost a small fortune, but others are very reasonably priced. Have you seen the Horchow pillow selections? Incredibly yummy and hideously expensive. But if you need a little eye-candy... :-)
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    You're right Carolins, the rose beige colors work with the floor and aren't bad. Typically I go for boring and bland, but that Sommelier is really great! The sectional is struggling a bit with the softer colors.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I'm liking the stronger blue greens and the sommelier the best, the luau green was fun, fun, fun but maybe too much to live with. Out of the light colors, quietude is better. Don't find myself excited about the other rosy colors, too close to couch yet not even a match for it , so it fights with it and the rug and table. I won't be sad carolins. I'm drinking a delicious smoothie and smiling at the morning :)
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    I did just ride two horses, one of which is the baby of the bunch and she's going so well... (last year I fell off and broke my wrist, so I'm happy that she's now very well behaved most of the time) can't get the smile off my face either :-D And... I just drank a smoothie. Coincidence? I think not! There's an invisible thread that connects some of us here I think.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Like minds, good hearts
  • linlac
    10 years ago
    The gray greens are looking good with the floor. I also like the really dark colors. I still see navy or charcoal on the wall behind the couch. Deep like the floor. It doesn't have to be a perfect match but you don't want it to clash. The color in my head doesn't read blue like the rug that was posted but I think you would find it with the blue grays. I need to learn how to add the wall colors. I think getting the swatches and some paint samples is a good idea.
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    linlac, if you find the colour that you're thinking of on the Sherwin Williams website and post the name or the link to it here, I'll be happy to put it on the wall for you.
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    carolins, mfoor, linlac, Ann, the sommelier is a beauty of a color..I also like the dried thyme. Believe it or not there is a lot of green/grey in this floor. Of the four I picked I like renwick rose beige but that might pick up too much of the red and take on a pinkish hue..
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago
    carolins, Ann , mfoor, linlac, Look at this rug with quietude and or dried thyme..someone had posted it earlier in this thread...
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Thats a pretty rug, might be too buttery with sectional?
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Okay, it's quite a lot of work to put the rug actually on your floor in the photos that have the different wall colours, so I just threw it in there for you to get an idea. It is a beautiful rug, but I feel that it will be too bland for your room. See what you think:
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Okay, and another wall colour option that we hadn't visually covered yet: SW-Tigereye
    The problem for me is, that I can only see these different wall colours in a small picture, until I upload them to here. So it's a hit or a miss. Exciting....
  • rinked
    10 years ago
    A steelblue-stonegrey in velvet-look (effect paint) will look amazing, because it will make all light and bright colored and patterned fabric pop out, without looking boring on it's own. So does the suggested eggplant. Both colors are in the floortiles. Love the icy teals too.
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    carolins, linlac, mfoor, Ann, Not liking tiger eye.. Loving Dried Thyme..then Quietude, then Peppery. . The lite striped rug does not work..
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Anyone else in family see the newer colors yet? Like hubby who hates the current color? I like the greens, green blues, sommelier and then peppery as the last choice. I think maybe it's too warm with the warm with the warm tones in floor. The sommelier works because its so much deeper and the blue greens work because of the cool offsetting the warm. That's just my opinion though, I know there's a huge team rooting for peppery! :)
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    No, I think the peppery team is dwindling with these nice new choices. I also don't like the tiger eye, but have to agree that the dried thyme is quite nice. My two new favorites are Sommelier and dried thyme. I really think the pottery barn rug in all the recent pictures is the rug to go with. Definitely the seagrass table!
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    Ann, I like the sommelier but my husband will probably think it is too dark. Dried thyme and quietude are great. I will have to pick up some paint chips and paint. The light in this room makes everything take on a different hue at various times of day. Is the PB rug that you like the herringbone sisal? That's the one I like.
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    I like those colors as well, and the rug. I hope the paint samples work out :)
  • Ann
    10 years ago
    Yes, the herringbone sisal. Though the sommelier is great, you may tire of it since it's so strong and if your husband doesn't like it, it certainly becomes a no. The dried thyme is a soothing color you could live with easily for a long time, but it is deep enough to make the sectional look nice. It would probably be the one I would ultimately choose after seeing all these option. To me, quietude is too baby blue for a living room. I think it would be better in a blue and cream bedroom scheme. Have fun with the samples!
  • Nancy Walton
    10 years ago
    Peppery would be a stimulating color--lively conversations, appetite-inducing, whereras the dried thyme would be a calming color. I still like Peppery, because I am drawn to warm colors.
  • PRO
    Elisa Contemporary Art
    10 years ago
    One of my favorite new artworks are white on white. We have a series of works at Elisa Contemporary Art by Michael Buscemi. They are cut and layered works of paper. Very sculptural and dimensional. Filled with light and shadows. They would look amazing above the sofa. They can hang vertically or horizontal. Several of the pieces were recently shown in the Designer Showhouse of Westchester. You can see more of his work at www.ElisaContemporaryArt.com
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    FYI carolins, mfoor, Ann, tikva02, Nancy Walton, ringcreation, Genevieve and linlac, After taking extra floor tiles to the stores with me today it is very clear that a charcoal grey jute or hemp rug is what I will be going with. Natural colors or even light browns just die on the floor... Some of the colors in the tile plus the half inch wide indigo grout will work perfectly..won't compete with the floor but will in fact enhance its beauty. It will be a very sophisticated classy and casual look. plus, the seagress table will show very well on it. That allows me to use any of the blue greys or brownish greens on the wall. Thank you all for chiming in and working so hard.. happy 4th of July!
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That's great Victoria!! Can't wait to see your updates :)
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    Mfoor, until I know what wall color ill go with I won't be buying any pillows! LOL. So glad my husband loves me...
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    That's good thinking, lol. I'm glad he loves you too :)
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see the final choice of rug in place. So it's rug, wall colour, pillows... good idea!
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    Carolins, yes..and of course the seagrass table that I think was your original idea :-)
  • Carolina
    10 years ago
    HA! I wish. No, can't take credit for that :-)
    Going crazy on pillows was my idea :-D
  • PRO
    Amy Wax
    10 years ago
    I can't wait to see the finished room after all of these great ideas! Please remember to show us!
  • Victoria
    10 years ago
    Amy Wax, will do. and my art work will be up as well. :-) carolins, I looked at the pillows on etsy. some were beautiful. but I have a sewing machine and think I might make a few myself with fabrics * I * can choose .
  • mefor
    10 years ago
    Good girl!!
  • Nancy Walton
    9 years ago

Victoria, did you finish this room? Would love to see what you finally went with.

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH