sandlapper_rose

JUNE - FOTESS Famous People in the World of Plants

sandlapper_rose
last modified: May 31, 2018

There will be no swap this month, but there will be games and I hope you will log on throughout the month as we discuss Famous People in the World of Plants. You'll find quite a selection and they can be fictional, gardeners, botanists, horticulturalists, environmentalists, even landscape designers! We may recognize some of the names but many will be new to us.

Everyone who enjoys the Round Robins on Houzz is welcome to post but only FOTESS members will be game winners for prizes. If you are interested in joining our group, contact me (Jeanne) or Shirley (sjc48) for more information. FOTESS stands for "Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps". We ask that if you would like to join, you have a commitment to participate frequently by posting and joining in on some of the swaps.

You can participate this month by sharing some information about a person and how that person is related to plants or to plant history and the environment. There will be at least two games (Bingo – I'll be posting the list of words shortly) and I'll also have a drawing towards the end of the month from the people who have shared information. Each time you post information relating to this theme, your name will be entered in the drawing. One or two participants, drawn at random, will win a prize at the end of the month. Of course, you can chat about other things, too. Perhaps I'll think of another game as we go along. If you can't think of someone to post about, the Bingo list will give you many ideas! However, you can add information about people who are not on the Bingo list. Keep them coming and you don't need to write a long paragraph, just a bit about the person and the importance they had. Once one person has told a detail about a person that same detail about that same person cannot be listed again. Think of something new about that person or select a different person in the world of plants.

I'm looking forward to this fun month!