Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
acliu99

Garage door panel style different from front and rear door style?

Lcoaster
5 years ago

I'm remodeling my kitchen to replace traditional center raised panel style of cabinets with shaker style cabinets. I'm also replacing the window and door trims in the entire house--from colonial to a flat. I just really prefer cleaner/simpler lines. Part of the remodel includes replacement of the rear door (near the kitchen--separated by the dining nook). I'd like to replace my front door (photo below shows the current front door panel style); my garage door style matches this.

First, I'd like to move to a simpler shaker/craftsman style front door; but I don't want to replace the garage door (not in budget). I think the front door should look similar to the garage door, as they both face the street, though the front door is a bit recessed (by ~8 feet under a cover). I believe I've come up with a compromise--still raised panel--that's a bit cleaner/simpler in look: (see this door). Would that work?

Second, if I were to get that raised panel front door, does the rear door need to have a similar raised panel? The rear door is near the kitchen (with the new shaker cabinets), and I'm wondering if that combo would look odd.