0

How to finish porch ceilings and beams.

Ali

We just installed T & G on our porch ceilings. One porch is 30' x 10", the ceiling is at 10', the T & G runs parallel to the house. Connected to it is a porch with a high vaulted ceiling, its 24' x 12' and has open beams of Douglas fir. On the vaulted porch the T & G was installed before the roof was put on. I would like to finish the T & G with an aged/whitewashed finish. I'm not sure what to do with the open beams. Should I stain them, age/distress them with some technique or paint them the same as the T & G. I'm going for a fairly rustic European look. The the floor will be pre cast pavers in a very neutral color and the posts will be round columns, covered with white pre cast stone. Any suggestions, or ideas for the beams will be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I don't have very good pictures but at least you get the idea. Thank you.

Comment (1)

• Haley
    What did you decide? Lovely porches! We are at the staining point now with ours. I would love to see more pics of your finished pitches!