Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nemo1067

HELP! Almost out of money and still no lawn

nemo1067
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello everyone,

I was looking for advice on my lawn. Long story - we built a brand new home last year the builders were crappy and took good soil sold it off and left us with clay like very rocky soil then hydroseeded it but we had so much rain last year it pretty much washed it away they re graded once but we still were left with pretty much no grass and just weeds everywhere we seeded early fall last year but because of the clay soil I don't think it penetrated and again spring early summer we had nothing but hard soil and weeds we reached out to a few landscaping companies and long story short hired one where we paid $1700 to bring in some new soil and re seed that was on July 5th he also laid a very sparse thin layer of straw bc we have had a 10 day streak of 90 degree temps we have been watering constantly its really a second job and we still do not have much just patches of some areas of new grass under some straw but I am thinking we are still doing something wrong and need help pretty much running out of money and its killing me with all the mud and no grass any suggestions? I live in upstate NY.

Thank you in advance :)

Comment (1)