Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_751001715

Rain Grden Class starting 7/12

HU-751001715
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hello,

I am Opal Lesse and I am excited to begin this Rain Garden!

Comments (9)

• Ruth Knoedler
    5 years ago

Hello, Opal. Me too! Looking forward to learning a lot and transforming my herb garden space first.

• Tricia Jones
    5 years ago

I'm Tricia, a rain garden alum. I'm here to help answer questions. A photo album of our rain garden as we were planting it can be found on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/cazatoma/albums/72157633752797154

I really should update it with more recent photos!

• Carolyn Christopher
    5 years ago

Carolyn, looking forward to building and maintaining a successful rain garden.

• Karen Kasper
    5 years ago

Hi Everyone, I am excited about the class. I have all ready been asked to do a presentation next year.

• Susan Bryan
    5 years ago

Karen, that is great! We love it when people become Ambassadors of rain gardens! Can't wait to see what you build/plant. Love it.

• HU-751001715
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Today Ms Digg came by to look at my yard for the driveway pavers being installed and they said where I want the garden to be is ok. I changed the site to the corner part shade and part sun, it is away from the water line in the center of the yard and the downspout on the corner will drain water into this spot without a big effort. The paver guys are putting a drain with a cap on it along the other side of the yard. Extended beyond these flowers like a kidney bean in the corner. I have not figured out size yet. Will do the Perc test tomorrow.

• HU-751001715
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Perc test will need to wait. It rained today. I am finding that my yard is mostly clay with some dirt mixed.

• Karen Kasper
    5 years ago

I have to decided to use the Michigan Science Center (Downton Detroit) as my project. There is an existing rain garden at the site that has been neglected. Carole (person in charge of the project at the center) stated that they have obtained a grant to have it redone. I understand that the basin is not deep enough and has to be redone. Carole is looking for help with plants and suggestions. Rain water from the parking lot will be used. The shape of the site is a crescent moon. The approximate measurements are; width: 180 feet, length: 1,500 feet. It was raining the day I visited.

Sponsored
Hope Restoration & General Contracting
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars35 Reviews
Columbus Design-Build, Kitchen & Bath Remodeling, Historic Renovations