Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stpetersburgers

Holiday Cactus Repotting And Sunburn Care Q

Ms Saint Pierre
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Hi there,
About 6 months ago I placed one of the 'leaves' that had fallen off my holiday cactus into the soil of a dying plant I had been gifted but was not worth keeping alive (sorry buddy!). I just wanted to see if it would hold. Well, it turns out it looks like its done pretty well! But I should repot the plant at this time since the plant I was gifted was a dry soil loving succulent. My question now is, should I break up the pieces of this current plant and spread them out over a pot so that it grows/look like most holiday cactus plants I see?
Secondly, the mother plant of this offshoot has recently recieved some poor care. I left the plant outside for a few days on accident. Some leaves are pale green, some have red around them; both of which are telltale signs of sunburn from what I can gather. Should I prune back this plant so that it only has dark green leaves or should I let it be? I think it may also be time to buy some fertilizer for this plant. Its a few years old. In short, look at the photos and give me some advice please! Thanks :)

Comments (2)