FOR PROS
Business tools custom-built for our industry

Say 'so long' to generic business software. Houzz Pro is designed for industry professionals like you.

chrisntine

COREtec Calypso Oak, Noble Oak or Pembroke Pine photos?

chrisntine
last year

Hi, can you please share pics of COREtec Plus Enhanced Calypso Oak, COREtec Plus Premium Noble Oak, COREtec Pro Plus Enhanced Pembroke Pine installed?

The stock photos tend to look so different from real-life, so hoping to see what they really look like. (I'm still going through the miles-long COREtec thread for a 3rd time so sorry if already there).

• Ashley Lathrop

Not yet. You’ll beat me for sure. Can’t wait to see!

• jenwinston73

@sarahaq I love how it came out in your photos! Are you liking it?

• Moggy Cat

Coretec Noble

• jelm12

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the pics. Love it on your stairs. We've had a noble oak sample the past week to check out in different lighting. How many different planks have you noticed? Wondering about the repeat pattern.

• Moggy Cat

Issomethingwrongwiththissite?EverytimeIusethesEverytimeIusethe

• Moggy Cat

IamunabletoreplybecauseeverytimeIusethespacebarmywordsgetdeleted

• Moggy Cat

Tellyourinstallernottoplacetheboardswiththeknotsadjacenttoeachother

• Moggy Cat

MyinstallerdidthisinfourplacesandImveryannoyedaboutit

• jenwinston73

@Moggy Cat - that’s something I’m worried about too. I would assume the installers should know that but I guess I will remind them. Have your installers installed LVP before? I’m sure it’s not that noticeable but can you have them fix that or is there a risk of damaging other boards in the process?

• jelm12

@Moggy Cat I agree with @jenwinston73 it's unlikely others will even notice it but I get being annoyed by it. No doubt I'll be studying our new floor lol and my hubby wouldn't even see any repeats I notice. How many different planks does noble oak have? I can't find any info on the repeat pattern online.

• merriebeth437

@moggy cat-

1. Thanks forgiving me a giggle; nospacingmustbedrivingyoucrazy

2)Your floors are gorgeous. You and Rachel are making me sway towards Noble Oak. Did you use a local supplier or online? What did you all pay a square foot? It’s super pricey here.

1. Both of you that have Noble Oak, how is it holding up? Rachel , I know you had the flooding issue.

2. Stairs!! How do you like the stairs?

The struggle is real.

• Moggy Cat

IorderedfromVerionFloorsinRaleigh.Bestpricesyouwillfind.

• jelm12

Our quotes are $6 a square foot for Coretec Noble Oak without installation. Does the price seem pretty standard? The color and size are exactly what we both want. Wishing we’d fallen in love with something a bit less expensive lol

• sarahaq

That’s a lot, as in double. Carpet Exchange has lower prices, as does efloors.com

• sarahaq

Jenwinston73 we love our floors. We have two kids and two big dogs. I was really worried that I would regret not doing real hardwood, but I’m very happy with how they look and feel And the ease of cleanup. We did buy new felt rug pads for our area rugs - the nonstick vinyl pads can Apparently adhere to the floors when left in place too long.

• Rachel Price

I love my flooring! I’m so glad I took a chance on it even when there were no online photos. Lol It has held up well with kids, spills, and dirt. I’ve had no regrets. I was initially worried it would easily scratch, but it doesn’t. :)

• jelm12

@Rachel Price Your pictures were the deciding factor for us Rachel. Beautiful! Is $6 a square in line with your cost?

Barry Eck Contracting

I have a sample of the Noble Oak, and it looks a lot lighter than the customer photos that I'm seeing online, and I'm viewing the sample in a dimly lit room with only one window. To those who have used Noble Oak, does it seem more pigmented than the sample you had? I like this flooring in the photos that I've seen, but the sample looks more washed out than the photos. I'm looking for a floor for a kitchen with white white cabinets and a marble look quartz countertop.

• Moggy Cat

Hi. I am finally able to type with spacing. I think there was an issue with my android but now I have an iPhone. Noble Oak appears darker in photos for sure. It is much lighter in person. I have taken photos of my floor and thought “It looks so different in photos”. I am not sure why that is. It without a doubt looks better in person (in my opinion).

• Moggy Cat

I like the floor a lot other than the misfortune of the feather shaped knots being placed side by side in several areas of the floor by my installer. Unfortunately the areas are at locations that can’t be covered with a rug or furniture. I suppose the only way to correct this is to have the planks removed which would require pulling up a fourth of the floor. I guess I’m stuck. Please be present during installation to avoid mishaps such as these. It should have been common sense not to install them side by side and so easily avoidable by just using another plank instead.

• Moggy Cat

I would say the floor has a rustic appearance once laid out so if you want something traditional this is not a good choice. I like that the color is consistent without much color variation between planks. The light floor hides dirt..dust..pet hair as well. It amazes me when I sweep or use the swifter how much stuff comes up that I literally could not see.

• Moggy Cat

Lighting can make things appear so different. Things also look different on a larger scale than they do when you see a sample. If you are considering this floor or any floor I suggest ordering a box first and laying it down to get a better idea. You could avoid making a costly mistake. This happened to me with another flooring choice and I was charged a huge restocking fee which was a percentage of the total cost. So please, just order a box of whatever you are considering.

• jelm12

New floor day!

• Moggy Cat

Looks great! What flooring did you choose?

• Moggy Cat

Looks like Noble Oak... Do you like it?

• jelm12

Thanks! Love it! It‘s Noble Oak. Looks so much better in person.

• Moggy Cat

I agree! Enjoy your floor!

• Moggy Cat

Did you use a vapor barrier? i wanted one but the installer insisted it was not necessary. Mine was layed on a cement slab of a new construction home. i‘m a little worried,

• jenwinston73

Mobby Cat - that’s beautiful! I love it! It’s amazing how different these floors look in different lighting. I think I would have chosen this color if my sample looked like this in my house.

• Moggy Cat

Sometimes I doubt my choice. It is so difficult to imagine what something is going to look like before it is laid out. What did you choose?

• jenwinston73

@Moggy Cat - Coretec Calypso Oak. I love the color but wish the planks were longer and wider.

• Moggy Cat

I thought the same thing.. The wider the better. The Coretec Plus XL line has the wider planks.. The Calypso Oak is beautiful. I went with a lighter color though because I wanted to lighten up the kitchen area

• Moggy Cat

I just scrolled up and saw your photos.. looks great !

• shead

That’s good to know about Calypso Oak not having longer plank lengths. I was considering it for our new build.

• jenwinston73

@shead - We still plan to install Calypso, despite the length. To me color is the most important thing and we had such a hard time finding a color/pattern that we liked. But we fell in love with Calypso. So it trumped the length. That said, it seems as though now Coretec (and probably many other brands) have come out with more planks that are very similar in color. So you can check those out for comparison. We’ve already made up our minds and have placed the order. So fingers crossed we are happy with our decision. Good luck on your search! It’s definitely not an easy decision.

• shead

@jenwinston73, I can't wait to see yours installed :)

• Leah Humberstone

Here is Calypso Oak on top of Nobel Oak. I've had SO much trouble deciding on flooring. I was considering First Crush Provenza for a long time and then I realized it is way too grey in person. I'm pretty sure I will choose Calypso Oak. Tomorrow I will be picking up a box of it to make sure. The struggle is real!

• Moggy Cat

What don’t you like about the Noble Oak? Just wondering

• Moggy Cat

You have the Noble Oak installed and are replacing it?

• Leah Humberstone

My friend has Nobel Oak and so I took my sample over to her house to compare. I do love Nobel Oak, but the Calypso just looks better in my house.

• Moggy Cat

Gotcha! Good luck with the install! The struggle IS real! Lol!

• Jeff Kingsford

Hello everyone. We are considering Calypso as well.

How does it feel when you walk on it?

Our concern was that it would have a “hallow” feel.

Does a thicker floor make a difference with vinyl?

• Abbey Elizabeth

It doesn’t feel hollow at all but it relies on your subfloor being flat

• Abbey Elizabeth

I had pembroke pine installed. Much warmer and rustic than the others but I thought I would share

• Leah Humberstone

Thanks for sharing! The Pembroke Pine looks beautiful. I love to see warmer floors. It helps me to know that I'm moving in the right direction with my choice.

• Janelle

I love the look of Calypso Oak, but I want the longer planks. Today I looked at a Canterbury Elm sample. It seems similar to Calypso Oak. Anyone use Canterbury Elm? My google search doesn’t give any real life pictures, only the stock photos from Coretec’s site.