Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jlrbailey

what paint color for cabinets with calacatta laza quartz counters.

jlrbailey
5 years ago

I have new calacatta laza quartz countertops. I need a paint color for my island and what would be a good backsplash color.

Comments (74)

• Toni S
    4 years ago

We picked Laza because it was a compliment to the dark cabinets. A creamy white.

• Toni S
    4 years ago

Alpaca paint until the backsplash is on.

• Marilyn Scattoreggio
    4 years ago

Courtney Ramsey—I painted my upstairs bath Simply White. I have a White with black vein marble floor there and Simply White is perfect. I think white dove mostly reads a slight grey but Simply White can read slightly green?

• PRO
    LMP Designs
    4 years ago

I personally think don’t think Simply White will work with Laza, at least not in the lighting of my kitchen. Laza actually looks dirty or creamy against bright Simply White. If you love Laza and can’t live without it, maybe consider cabinets of a different color. Snap some pictures and post them. I will comment.

• PRO
    LMP Designs
    4 years ago

Courtney- Also in my pix, my lower cabinets are Simply White, but when they aren’t up against the Laza, it works great. Also, all my walls/trim, t&g ceiling are also Simply White.

• Marilyn Scattoreggio
    4 years ago

My kitchen is dark most of the day. I have a North window and an east window. White Dove doesn’t look yellow at all. It’s a shade darker than the Laza quartz counter, so the counter looks clean but so do the cabinets. Any white will reflect the light so if u don’t want them to read yellow be careful what type of light bulb u use. I looked at many whites over months and BM White Dove was the best pairing.

• Courtney Ramey
    4 years ago

Thank you both @Marilyn Scattoreggio and @LMP Designs! This is so hard. Currently my kitchen is gutted to the studs so it is very hard to tell about the light. To make it more complicated, I've learned that the lacquer used on cabinets makes the paint look a little darker. I have a lacquered sample of White Dove and it seems a little yellow so I've asked for a sample of Cloud Cover (another BM color that is close to White Dove). I'm also getting a sample of Simply White, but I will make sure to consider if it makes the counter look dirty. If neither works, I'm going to have to go back to the drawing board on the Laza!

• Marilyn Scattoreggio
    4 years ago

Courtney Ramey I got a piece of the quartz to bring home and I painted large boards with several whites. I stood the boards upright once the floor was installed and put them perpendicular to the laza. This way I could see exactly how they’d look bc the angle and placement affects how a color looksalso.

• rbkess
    3 years ago

What did you finally decide on?

• Ashley Phillips
    3 years ago

Hey guys! Same problem... trying to find countertops that look great with kraftmaid dove white cabinets ! Would laza work ? Big windows but we don’t have actual sun shining in. Need HELP! Also have dark navy island and it’s in a log cabin !!

• Courtney Ramey
    3 years ago

I finally decided on Pure White by SW. I'm having cabinets made so the added complexity was that the cabinet maker added a top coat that changed the color a little. SW Pure White is just right!

• Shilpa Patel
    3 years ago

do u have any photos you can share @Courtney Ramey

• rbkess
    3 years ago

I went with BM Decorators White. Perfect choice. Not stark white which would have made the counters look dirty. Love my choice. The counters really shine and the cabinets look great.

• Joan Garvin
    3 years ago

I'm wanting to use the Calacatta Lazo Quartz and I would like to paint the cabinets a tan or taupe. Does anyone have examples of this?

• JENNIFER SCHROEDER
    3 years ago

I'm using Behr True Taupewood with my calacatta laza. That color brings out the veins and my black stainless appliances will bring out the blacker border in the veigning.

• Karen Brooks
    3 years ago

@Marilyn Scattoreggio thank you for sharing! What did you choose for your wall color? I'm really struggling... I've ordered calacatta laza for countertops and new white cabinets (not yet installed - hope they aren't too white!!) but I also refinished my red oak floors (light and natural but have a slight pink tone to the wood) I'd greatly appreciate your thoughts for wall color - I get good natural light in the morning. Thanks!!

• sovalbk
    3 years ago

What about Alabaster?

• Eileen Perez
    3 years ago

@Marilyn Scattoreggio

Thank you for the pictures. I will have exactly same cabinet color and calacatta Laza quartz being installed in our kitchen. We have lots of pot lights installed as well. We chose warm white lights rather than the bright light (white and blue tone) Just wondering what color lights do you have? Or what kind of lighting do you have?

Thank you!

• Becky H
    3 years ago

I’m trying to decide between BM white dove and SW pure white.

• Jess D
    3 years ago

Did anyone end up doing Laza and pure white (sw)??? I would love to see pictures of you did. I’m supposed to do this combo but now I’m nervous it’s not going to look good. Wondering if this combo just does not work for some reason. Thanks

• Denise Hoelting
    3 years ago

I have hickory cabinets ( golden) - How will Laza look with that

?

• Becky H
    3 years ago

I got a sample of SW pure white today. I already have Laza in my hall bathroom on a vanity I bought from HD. The lighting in there isn’t great so still not sure. It’s a little whiter than I thought but I’m going to continue to look at it diff times of day. I paint a big piece of foam board.

• rbkess
    3 years ago

Try Benjamin Moore Decorators

• rbkess
    3 years ago

Decorators

• rbkess
    3 years ago

Deco

• Courtney Ramey
    3 years ago

Are you painting existing cabinets? Or having cabinets made? I ask because I had custom cabinets in my kitchen painted with SW Pure White and they used a lacquer that changed the paint color slightly. It is ever so slightly less white and looks perfect with my Laza countertops.

If I remember correctly, BM Decorators white is even whiter than SW Pure White.

Good luck, I hate picking white paint!

• Courtney Ramey
    3 years ago

Here is a pic of the SW Pure White (lacquer) with Laza Quartz. I used 3000 can lights. They are still warm, but not as yellow as the 2700.

• Jess D
    3 years ago

We just had brand new cabinets installed painted in Pure White and the quartz should be installed next week. Thank you so much for sharing it looks beautiful!!!! Thank you for the lighting info too bc I feel like that plays a huge part in this as well. Thanks again!!

• rbkess
    3 years ago

Decorators White falls under a cool undertone of an off-white. It contains a little gray, creating an off-white option that doesn't lean in any particular colour tone, but i

• Becky H
    3 years ago

@Courtney Ramey very nice kitchen!

@Jess D please post pics when it’s installed!

jlrbailey thanked Becky H
  • Becky H
    3 years ago

@Jess D did you get your laza countertops installed? would love to see pics! Thank you!

• Jess D
    3 years ago

We still have a lot to do like paint the bead board ceiling, finish up electrical, pick a backsplash, new window treatments, and redo the floors eventually but I think it looks pretty good so far. Cabinets are SW pure white and island is iron ore.

• Becky H
    3 years ago

Very nice kitchen! Did you cover your window? I might be reducing my breakfast window to put countertop under it.

• Jess D
    3 years ago

Thanks. Yes we covered it up. We have the window by the sink and the skylights so we still have lots of light. I am very happy we got rid of it. It really served no purpose for us.

• Carla Sperry
    3 years ago

Jess D I am looking at that exact same combo of paint colors and countertop. Could you please tell me the way your kitchen is faced? My natural lighting windows are on the west side of our home.

• D W
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

I'm struggling to pick the best white to have my cabinets painted. Just installed Calacatta Laza (which is creamier/grayish) and white subway tile (which is a bit whiter than the Laza). I'm considering BM White Dove (which matches the Laza better) and White Heron (which matches the backsplash better). I don't want the counters to look "dirty" if the cabinets are too white (White Heron) but I also don't want the subway tile to look out of place if the cabinets (White Dove) and counters are more off-white. I want my kitchen to look fresh and white versus creamy. I'm trying to figure out the best combo. My kitchen faces northeast so lots of morning light. Any advice??

• rbkess
    2 years ago

I used BM Decorators White. Decorators White falls under a cool undertone of an off-white. It contains a little gray, creating an off-white option that doesn't lean in any particular colour tone, but it's a softer version of a pure white such as Chantilly Lace.

• Becky H
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We just finished our kitchen other than the hardware on the cabinets. my cabinets are SW pure white, laza countertop and bedrosian cloe tile backsplash. The second pic is in my laundry room where the lighting is dimmer.

• amyloo16
    2 years ago

I love your combo Becky H!! we are doing the exact combo. we have pure white cabinets, have ordered laza and are leaning toward cloe for the backsplash. can i ask what grout you used?? thanks!

• Becky H
    2 years ago

Thank you! I used bright white from home depot. We also used a white metal schluter for trim.

• daraymond42
    2 years ago

Has anyone tried Snowbound with the Laza countertops? That is what my designer is recommending but I am not sure it's right. Do people love the Laza? Seems odd that people say it looks dirty.

• captain_obvious
    2 years ago

Laza counters with Cle weathered white zellige backsplash. The cabinet paint color is nearly identical to BM Lead Gray. I don’t get a dirty read with Laza. Maybe next to a pure white it seems dirty, but overall it reads white.

• Deb Raymond
    2 years ago

Looks great!

• Becky H
    2 years ago

very nice kitchen!

• Jodi Defenbaugh
    2 years ago

Toni S What color of stain is on your cabinets??

• Albert L. Fox
    last year

I'm doing Calacatta Laza for the large 13' kitchen island, but feel like using it on all the background countertops is too busy for the eye. Is is going to look odd if I use Casesarstone Pure White for the rest of the countertops and let the island milky white of Calacatta stand out? I know it isn't as white as the PW.

• hamptonsny
    last year
    last modified: last year

does anyone have a photo of Calacutta Laza with BM Decorators White?

• rbkess
    last year

Yes, search back on this thread. I posted pictures of this combo.

• ebroman29
    last year

@daraymond42 do you have pictures of yours? Did you do snowbound. Thought of that for mine also.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm