Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
alisa_krieger

Can you amazing people help me position my art and add some more art.

Alisa Boo
5 years ago
Hello all. Here is my cottage guest room. I bought this one piece of art and I need to add to this, I just don’t know what sizes to add and where to put them. Please help with your fabulous ideas. TIY

Comments (26)

• Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Also ideas of colour to paint the side table?
  • R M
    5 years ago
    I would paint it the same color as the bed...there is enough ‘wood’ in the room....which is pretty!
  • Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    That is what I was thinking.
  • Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Also ideas for art above bed, do I need?
  • rollh01
    5 years ago
    What’s on the other side of the room?
  • felizlady
    5 years ago
    Your piece of art looks more like wallpaper with its tiny details spread evenly. While it repeats some of the color in your pillows, it has no personality. I always prefer art when it is framed, which may help. I would look for another piece of framed art (horizontal) with a larger subject to hang over the bed, and I would move the current piece to a smaller wall.
  • Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The other side is nothing. It is a very very small room.
  • Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Oh and the side opposite the art is wall hooks for guests to hang their clothes and belongings as there is no dresser as the room is so small.
  • User
    5 years ago

Your bed, being off center from the window, looks a bit unbalanced. Can you orient the bed on the wall where the art is now? The art you show is out of scale in my opinion. Perhaps, if you like it, you can hang it horizontally?

• knicetime
    5 years ago

I would paint the little side table a punchy red or orange. Maybe match one of the colors in the throw on the bed.

• Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    The room is the size of a closet. That is the only placement the bed can go on.
  • Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Also I wanted to add more art to that wall, wanted to know where to place it. This art was a gift.
  • houssaon
    5 years ago

This is a small room. I think putting art above the bed next to the window will look cluttered. I like the room as you have - clean, cool and calm.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

I love this room and I would love to be a guest here! I also would paint the side table white.

Rather than more art, I would put a plug in wall sconce next to the art on the wall, near the head of the bed. I'm a bed reader and having a lamp near is so much nicer.

• miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago

I thought of something else, it's just a small thing but might be appreciated. Rather than the vase on the bottom shelf of the table, what about a shallow wire basket? You can run an extension cord through it as a place for guests to charge their devices. I suggest metal just for fire prevention, as some devices get hot enough to cause soft or dry materials to spontaneously combust.

• Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Unfortunately we must have a fan, and ceilings are too low for fans. . I love the idea of the side tables, but they would not fit a fan I do not think. In terms of the art I wanted to keep the painting where it is, needed advice on where to put the other art on the same wall as a collage. I am not good at collages, could anyone draw some mock ups for me?
  • miss lindsey (She/Her)
    5 years ago

Can I ask why you feel you need more art? I think with the smallness of the room and the fact that it's a guest room, the one piece you have is perfect all on its own.

I'll just repeat, I would add a plug in sconce between the art and headboard for people who want to read in bed and leave it at that. You can get some really cool sconces.

Mitzi Meta One Light Wall Sconce HL174201-PN/WH · More Info

• artistsharonva
    5 years ago

• Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Thank you @ artistsharonva this exactly what I needed. Now I know what size of artwork to look for.
  • mnmamax3
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

As for the art piece you have, it appears to have a bit of a gallery frame. I would do as knicetime suggests and paint the table a fun poppy or brick red. I would also use that same paint on the edges only of the art piece. Use a small roller and roll it on just to give it a little dimension and sort of pop it on the wall.

• laurkade
    5 years ago
    Could you perhaps center bed with window and move table in the corner of the other side of bed?
  • PRO
    BANDD DESIGN
    5 years ago

Here are a few ideas for you from a design we did. Try sconces or hanging lights, then add a rug under the bed. Also try to incorporate some greenery.

America's First 3D Printed House · More Info

America's First 3D Printed House · More Info

• Alisa Boo
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Ok here are results so far. Still need to put up lights. I refinished the furniture myself. Very happy with the results. Not sure if the side table should have been more white, leas cream.
  • btydrvn
    5 years ago
    I think the collage is a good idea ...more is better in this size room as there is nothing to look at but the walls....I would also hang some curtains (in colors that are like the art and the bedding) on each side of the window....since this space is so tiny all the little details will distract from that....feel adorable and fun and cozy....not bare ...like a “closet”
  • btydrvn
    5 years ago
    Does the window open?...the fan could now go at the end of the bed ...so the air will circulate out of the room ....leaving the bedside table for a lamp and a little space for other things