organic_kitten
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

Turtle Trees is a long bloomer

More if it posts

Comments (14)

• Nancy 6b
    5 years ago

Very nice post Kay, good to see it. Pictures are getting fewer and fewer, I know partly because of the time of year, but probably because so hard to post. What's Up looks good, is that a prolif on it? Hyacinth Macaw is determined to bloom, that is a pretty one too. I like Butterfly Season too, but Tree Turtles seems like it needs to be on my wish list. Trying to add only good bloomers to my garden, and sounds like this is one I need. Off to go look it up now

• Nancy 6b
    5 years ago

Oh, and just found out it is a late, doubly good!

• Brad KY 6b
    5 years ago

Very nice Kay. You sure have a long season.

• shive
    5 years ago

Beautiful post! I didn't know White Eyes Pink Dragon could rebloom. Maybe I should water mine more. Tree Turtles has give you plenty of blooms this season. How nice that a gorgeous purple like Possession of Obsession has four rebloom scapes.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    5 years ago

Jan Zoo did very well here this year, in a year in which many did not. When I see a turtle, I always feel it needs some help, being so slow to get around. This year, I helped a few across the road. Do they eat things in the garden?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Nacy, it really is a very good bloomer. Thank you, Brad...Its a few days less than four months nw and continuing in spite of me. Debra, that is the second time it has re-bloomed this year, just one spike this time...We have had a few little showers lately, and it sets them off after a dry spell. Thnak you all for looking and commenting.

kay

• Julia WV (6b)
    5 years ago

These are great Kay and love the turtle pic. Plant your What's Up Down South behind shorter daylilies as it does get tall and give it plenty of room. It increased really good here even after I moved it last fall to it new location. It has been raining here on and off since yesterday but today the heavy downpours are more steady so all garden work was suspended.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Thank you so much for the advice. I actually planted it today, and that is hat I did...I put it on the back row of iris row where Big Red Combo had been....I plan to down size a bit even with the new ones and some that I like, but don't love , are being re-homed. I really like the Davisson daylilies and have gotten a few new ones to me. I also have a few new Gossard's. I used to not like those type daylilies, and now they seem to be my favorites. I have several friends who are eager to have them, so that is good.

kay

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    5 years ago

It was 3 or 4 seasons ago that I had unexpected rebloom (I usually don't get much) and Joan Senior rebloomed 3 times that year. She's such a nice one it was good to have her around so long. Everything else looks good too.......Maryl

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    5 years ago

Nice photos again ,Kay! I’m still trying to wrap my head around snapping scapes off, I know why you do it, rebloom is very rare here.

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    5 years ago

Sherry, I don't know why I get so much re-loom. the instant starts early, and a lot of plants seem unable to quit. Walter Kennedy had already put up scapes three times when I decided it was enough and snapped its fourth round. I usually have as many as half of mine to rebloom...They stagger it, and now I am down to only about four every day, Today, was Joan Senior, Butterfly Season Exquisitely subversive, White Eyes, Pink Dragon and South Seas. I the meantime I planted four new ones tis morning in posts, and then got four more in the maisl. I want to shift gears, but they won't stop.

kay

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    5 years ago

Kay, the whole concept makes me smile! I would be in heaven if I had any plants that wouldn’t quit, just sayin...... other than Moonlit Masquerade that sends up instant rebloom because it blooms early and my “returns” Daylilies, I have one that has sent up rebloom. Undercurrent is on a rebloom scape now, my one and only! It rebloomed for me last season too!

Sherry

• samhain10 - 5a
    5 years ago

Kay - all so beautiful! Don't think I can single one out. Have loved every pic I've seen of Possession of Obsession; White Eyes Pink Dragon is exquisite; Joan Senior sounds like the perfect white to have; and Jan Zoo's color absolutely wows me. Oh, and love the turtle pic!

Alex