Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vipsoni

Who makes this pendant light and where can I buy one?

Vip
10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago
The glass portion of this light was damaged and I'm looking for a replacement. However I don't know who makes it or where to go about getting a replacement.

Any suggestions?

Comments (12)

• PRO
    Darling Dwelling Designs
    10 years ago
    I see your post is from a couple weeks back, have you sourced the light manufacturer or are you still searching?
  • Vip
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Not yet. I talked to a couple of lighting providers in Columbus and they didn't know either.

One thought it may be Kichler. I've exchanged emails with Kichler sales and they said it's not one of theirs so I'm back to square one.

Was hoping someone on here may have an idea :)

What's unique is the way the glass looks when the light is on. It's truly a thing of beauty. I'll post a pic of that this evening.
  • Fred S
    10 years ago
    Did you try taking the canopy down to see if it says anything? Sometimes it says in the box where all the sockets come together.
  • creeser
    10 years ago
    I'm marking this discussion so I can find it again. My daughter has the same light over her kitchen table and I've emailed her to ask the mfg. When she wakes up and emails me back, I'll let you know.
  • creeser
    10 years ago
    I did look on Lighting Direct and you can find similar shades under 'Bowl Shades' and replacement glass. If you have a lighting showroom (one that deals only in lights, not Lowe's or Home Depot) and you take a photo and your measurements, they can order you a replacement.
  • Vip
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    @fred - I'm going to try and open it up and check. Haven't had a chance to do that yet. I looked all over the visible parts of the light and didn't find anything.

@creeser -I've taken the glass dome to Capital Lighting and Northern Lighting who are the largest two lighting providers in Columbus to see if they could match it but had no luck. One of Capital's senior sales managers thought it may have been made by Kichler (Minoff collection from a few years ago) and I used this lead to contact Kichler sales but that was a dead end as well.

I could've sworn I've looked at Lighting Direct but hadn't found a match. I'll check again. In the mean time if you do hear back from your daughter, I'd be eager to see if I can reach the manufacturer for a replacement glass dome or even something close that'll fit.
  • Vip
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Looked through a few hundred pics of lights on Lighting Direct but didn't find anything quite close. I've emailed their customer support with pic of the light to see if they can come up with anything.
  • PRO
    Matilda Bos Design Studio
    10 years ago
    Hi.....I have one, it's in storage right now since I have no place for it. I purchased mine from a showroom in
    San Francisco and was told it was hand-forged by Anvil Arts in Anaheim, CA. I have looked on his site but
    I believe most of his pieces are special order, and didn't find anything like it. He may be able to help you
    with the glass.
  • Vip
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Matilda - How long ago did you purchase it? I'll email Gary to see what he's able to do while I wait for a response back from Lighting Direct.
  • PRO
    Matilda Bos Design Studio
    10 years ago
    Hi....It's been about 10 yrs, but I think the showroom had it for quite awhile, as a display piece. Sorry that I don't have more information.
  • Vip
    Original Author
    10 years ago
    Lighting direct emailed back that they don't have any glass domes that would fit this light. I've emailed Anvil but no response yet. May try calling them this weekend.

Looking more and more like I may just have to find a replacement for it.