0

rose of sharon transplant

Kenny M

A couple of Rose Of Sharon sprouts about 2 ft. high were cut almost down to the ground by mistake. Can I still transplant the root ball and what is left of the plant this fall?

• Geneviève

if seeds fell to the ground then next year you will have more Roses of Sharon, the roots are very large and difficult to dig out , we have plenty of them and train them as standards in some areas, once you have them they multiply .

• Embothrium

Single-flowered forms reseed in the right climate areas, double-flowered tend not to form fruits. What USDA Hardiness Zone are you in? If cold enough you might want to wait until end of winter to transplant.

• 50s_ranch Andres

My experience of Rose of Sharon is that they are easy to transplant.

• Kenny M

I live in growing zone 8a. The Rose Of Sharon plants were juvenile saplings about two ft. high. They were cut off accidentally near the ground .about 2 inches of the single stems remain. Will they die or can I transplant the root ball and whats left of the stem this fall?

• Embothrium

Dig when leaves drop and move then. They are not likely to be dead.