Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kelly_bridge48

can someone advise me on how to tie console table into living room?

Kelly Bridge
5 years ago
I just purchased this console table and not sure what to put in it? On the wall behind I’m wanting to a family collage. I would like a lamp but and have placed one just to visualize. Also I like the underneath storage/stool idea but do I stick with pattern or more of a solid?

Comments (9)

• J J
    5 years ago
    Following
  • Momof5x
    5 years ago
    You can add it behind a sofa with either lamps on it or any decor to your liking , it can go even behind the sofa and next to window .
  • spisland
    5 years ago

Might be nice to measure and see if your TV fits on your new table, angled in front of that corner. Your very pretty fireplace would be even prettier if it could be used for decor. A lamp on a table (where your plant currently is) would probably be a welcome addition there! Pretty room!

• Kelly Bridge
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    I love this look..thank you Jen however the tv has been wired into and thru the fireplace to be hung where it’s hung and all hardware and such is exposed. Fireplace would have to be redone and that isn’t an option at this time unfortunately
  • Jen Osborne
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Yes, thought it might be the case, that mock up wasn't really answering your dilemma anyway!

I think your delicate console is nice with what you have on it, but I would move the objects a little away from the edges.

• decoenthusiaste
    5 years ago

I would advise centering the rug and seating with the fireplace. TV is killing your feature fireplace. I hope you'll make plans and budget to revise that and get the TV to one of the nice walls you have available for it. Not sure about the console - it is a little small and frail looking.

• PRO
    Kitchen & Bath Galleria
    5 years ago

Since the TV can't be moved. centering the furniture with the fireplace will definitely make everything look more incorporated. I like the patterned storage stools but the console table doesn't really go with the other elements in the room. The thick wood coffee table, mantle, and even the stool/plant stand in the corner all have a similar structure. So adding some metal frame accent chairs will not only help integrate the table to the room but it will help fill out the space.

Waffle Accent Chair in White · More Info

GDF Studio DuSoleil Velvet Modern Armless Chair, Gray · More Info

• PRO
    Colorful Concepts Interior Design
    5 years ago

Your console table can still make an impact without being too cluttered. This console table in our client's living room is behind a sofa, fitting comfortably inside a little wall nook, with a a large ottoman adjacent to it.

Fairview Row Living Room Accent Table, Art and Decor · More Info

Or like some have suggested, you can place it behind your sofa if the furniture arrangement works for your living room such as our other client's living room did below.

Phase 2 in Wildwood Green · More Info