0
seaecho

Can a brushed nickle light fixture be in a room with polished chrome

Pam and Arthur

Im buying a light to go over a 60 in single sink base vanity and mirror. The one I like is brushed nickel LED with a frosted glass tube. All my sink/shower and base hardware are in Polished chrome. I can't remember what my door handles are.

Will the mixed metals look bad? Should I stick with polished chrome everywhere?

Thank you.

IMO brushed and chrome are a nice combo and work well together

• patti_bee

I like the mixture. Our last house had a chrome kitchen sink faucet and brushed stainless steel cabinet hardware. I don't think the hardware police ever found us.

Lars/J. Robert Scott

I don't like like polished chrome and brushed nickel together, but then I do not like polished chrome. However, for a light fixture, I think it is okay. You should check your door handles - mine don't match anything, and I'm anxious to change them but just haven't gotten around to it. My hardware is all brushed nickel except for the door knob, which is brass, which I really do not like, but I don't spend much time looking at it. However, if it were chrome, I would have already changed it. I don't like the cold color of chrome.

• cpartist

Absolutely

• kudzu9

I have chrome and brushed nickel in my bathroom and it was an intentional choice that I never worried about and am still fine with. It's not like your two finishes are in close proximity. and, besides, one is plumbing and the other is a lamp.

You like it, so get it. The mix will be fine.

• Anne Duke
    I did exactly that. I like the look and dust doesn’t show so quickly on the light fixtures.