amybabyboy3

Fotess September "Autumn is on the air trade"

amybabyboy3
last year

FOTESS requires that you be a member in order to swap with this group.
FOTESS stands for Friends of the Earth Simple Swaps. For more information
about membership contact Jeanne (sandlapper_rose) or Shirley (sjc48).

This month we are going to have a Autumn theme. It is still hot in many places but lets get a early start on Fall. This is going to be a fun and simple swap.

Please send:

1. 2 packs of seeds from your garden. Perhaps something that you can collect right now.

2. A homemade Fall card or if your not feeling crafty you can buy one and maybe embellish it with some fall touches.

3. A small Autumn decoration, something that will fit in a envelope or bubble mailer no boxes. This can be handmade or purchased.

4. A recipe for something that you like to enjoy in the Fall.

5. Something that smells like Fall. Use your imagination. This could be a small bag of cinnamon sticks to add to some cider, a small pouch of Fall potpourri, a candy or tea that reminds you of Fall.

Sign ups will be thru September 8th and please try and mail by the 24th. Let's have another great month of Fotess Fun and I will post Bingo next week. Thank you and hope you can join in. Amy

• beth_b_kodiak
    last year

Thanks for posting Amy. This looks doable and I'd love to participate. Count me in

amybabyboy3 thanked beth_b_kodiak
  • Beth Brownberry

The above looks like SPAM.... Who is this? Does anyone know?

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year

Amy - thanks for a great swap!!

With pictures working, here’s my swap from Margo (above I forgot to mention the candy, you can only see one of the 2 earrings right by the cinnamon).

• beth_b_kodiak
    last year

WOW! Shirley or Erica could someone post the cauliflower recipe?? I sounds like one I'd love.

• canyonwind
    last year

Thank You Amy!!! I always enjoy your swaps.....

Happy Day!!

Annie

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Great Month everyone, Now on to October fun! Take care and have a great month. Thank you for joining in! Amy

• brittneysgran
    last year

Erica-received your package. Thank you so very much for the items you sent.

Windchime

Teas - Tazo Chai, Vanilla Chai and Golden Chai-Love trying new teas

Recipe-Herb crusted cauliflower steaks with beans & tomatoes-Cauliflower is one of my favorite new things to try in different recipes.

Seeds-Forest Fire Sage, Kabloona Calendula, Forget me not Alpine and Persian Carpet Zinnias

Fall Card

New seeds for winter sowing...yeah

• amybabyboy3
    last year

I love Farmer Ted, What a cute idea! The roosters are really neat too!

• beth_b_kodiak
    last year

Getting into the fall spirit

October and usually November have such great weather. Farmer Ted loves it too

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Beth, your bingo prize will be coming in the mail.

Maggie, Sounds like a super package.

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year
    last modified: last year

Margo - finally got down to the post office and collected your package. Thank you so much! Beautiful embossed handmade card, she decorated a card for the recipe fro Caramel Apple pie as well, a big package of cinnamon sticks (yea! love them), seeds for Blackberry lily, Tomato soup coneflower and Morning Glory Grandpa Otts plus hand beaded earrings and bracelet in a little muslin bag. Was out with friends for dinner and I’m wiped (just in) so pictures have to wait until tomorrow.

• amybabyboy3
    last year

I think we are just waiting on Shirley to post her box and this month will be complete

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Congratulations Beth!! Could you please message me your address? Thank you!

• beth_b_kodiak
    last year
    last modified: last year

Rake and harvest gives me BINGO....who else???

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Harvest

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Any one have Bingo yet? There are only 2 words left.

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Bingo word-rake

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Bingo word: jacket

Happy weekend everyone!

• brittneysgran
    last year

Lisa your package was from the OBF group swap.

The Japanese iris seeds came from this iris but the seeds do not breed true as the irises are hybrids. You may get something really beautiful though from the seed.

Japanese iris 'Dalle Whitewater'

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year

Still one short here :-)

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Here are all the words so far

raincoat

hayride

sunflower

pumpkin

apple

squash

pinecone

corn

moon

owl

fall

nuts

wind

tree

orange

squirrel

branch

sweater

hay bale

crow

acorn

wheat

rain

brown

• EricaBraun
    last year

Shirley -- Sorry for the delay. Your pack is going out today: 9400 1096 9993 8831 9123 46

• PaperFinch
    last year

Shirley's package arrived yesterday! She included an adorable "Thankful" sign that I now have hanging on my front door! She also included two bookmarks from the American Horticultural Society. The seeds are Kousa Dogwood, Japanese Iris (Shirley, do you know what color, or what they look like? I love irises!), Jalapeno pepper, and Royal Carpet Alyssum. The card is so sweet. Thank you, Shirley!

Lisa

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Super packages everyone! Today's word is Brown. TGIF

• beth_b_kodiak
    last year

My package from Jeanne arrived yesterday. A perfect finish to a perfect day!

Jack brought the mail home from town while the two daughters were here for an apple day. I let them open it and shared the fun.

Jeanne sent a fall garland of colorful leaves and a pack of leaves on toothpicks for decorating cupcakes. Both, cute and colorful. My seeds are red salvia and 4 o'clocks both will go into the front garden for next summer. My fragrant treat was ( WAS, it's history now) a mix of cranberries and candied pecans, YUMYUM!!

The card was also apple theme,perfect and a wonderful sounding apple recipe called Apple Impromptu. It really sounds good and I'll be trying it soon.

We were gifted with the apples on three trees. The three of us picked them and yesterday was spent processing them into canned ( jars) applesauce and apple pie filling ( freezer).

Jeanne your package was the perfect compliment to a perfect day. Thank you so much. And thanks to Amy for a great swap theme. What fun!!!

• PaperFinch
    last year

Oooh, that Bingo was a close one! I had only one word to go, too!

• EricaBraun
    last year

For some reason my post never posted. :(

Shirley -- Thank you so much for the fantastic pack that you sent.

I received a handmade card, several types of seeds, a welcome sign, vanilla candles that smell fantastic, a couple types of tea (I can't wait to try the herbal one), and a "Knock-You-Naked" brownie recipe (which hubby is particularly excited about).

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year

All but one word for my Bingo - thanks for the list, I’d missed some :-) .

• amybabyboy3
    last year
    last modified: last year

Here are all the words so far

raincoat

hayride

sunflower

pumpkin

apple

squash

pinecone

corn

moon

owl

fall

nuts

wind

tree

orange

squirrel

branch

sweater

hay bale

crow

acorn

wheat and rain ( I think I need something for my brain. I had called raincoat but not rain)

• amybabyboy3
    last year
    last modified: last year

Bingo word: wheat and rain (does anyone have bingo yet?)

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Annie, My Mom has a friend that makes jewelry and she made it. I love the vinegar that you sent I have been using it on everything. I am happy you like the package. I really loved the one that you sent !!!

• canyonwind
    last year

Having a problem posting here.....things I am typing are not showing up, so I am condensing!!!

I opened my wonderful package from Amy last night....Love it!

I received a lovely handmade note and.....a fall tray, decorative felt leaves (very cool), Scentsy like Apple cubes...I use these cubes all the time and love them, a decorative sign, seeds and a WOW....a beautiful cross necklace with turqoise colored beads.....magnificent!!!! Did you make this???

I will try to get a picture on later.

Thanks so much Amy.....

Annie

• PaperFinch
    last year

I got my lovely swap from Jayeanne yesterday! She included some beautiful handmade fall garland, maple cider-scented melters, an adorable card, a recipe for "Apricot Ginger-glazed Pork," Bachelor's Button, Tomato, "Pineapple," Tomato "Brad's Atomic Grape," and California Poppy, "Mikado." Thank you so much!

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Oh my gosh I am so far behind with the Bingo words. Im sorry life is crazy at my house this week and most weeks any more.

sweater and hay bale

crow and acorn

Super packages this month everyone. Hope everyone has a wonderful night! Amy

• EricaBraun
    last year

Maggie -- Thank you for the chai for "something that smells like fall." Chai is my fav, but I haven't tried this brand before. Looking forward to it.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Here are the lovely things I got from Beth. I believe she made the fall napkins. What pretty fabric! Also, a card, recipe for apple cobbler, scarecrow, and several seeds: broom corn (perfect for fall!), red zinnia, fish peppers and calendula. My fragrance/spice is nutmeg. I love nutmeg and include it in several recipes. I always have to have it sprinkled on my rice pudding.

Thanks so much, Beth!

Heidi, your display is so cute!

Jeanne

• xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
    last year

These pumpkins and squash are handing on my mailbox! I love that cool air of fall--but know it comes and goes. Heidi

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Beth, I wanted to pop on to let you know that your package arrived today. I love this theme of fall and love everything you sent. I'll take a picture tomorrow when I have daylight and list what was in the package. My camera has not been doing well lately --- wonder if it has gotten too old? They used to last forever, but who knows in this digital age!

Margo, you certainly have your hands full. Prayers for your mother and you as you get through all this.

Amy, it looks like after today we go back into the 90s here. Fall certainly didn't last long.

Jeanne

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Bingo words for yesterday:

tree

orange

Today's words:

squirrel

branch

Jeanne, It is a little cooler here too, such a nice change.

Maggie, Those muffins sound so good. I love pumpkin baked goods.

Margo, Hope your Mom gets better soon, will be praying for her!

Hope everyone has a good night. Take care, Amy

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Beth, I mailed your package today. It almost feels like fall today - the temperature is below 90 degrees for a change!

Jeanne

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year

And, I have jumbled things this month. The recipe print out is next to where i was packing things up to mail. It is one of my fave fall recipes (on my blog). Pumpkin muffins, optional dollop of sour cream so it’s just like what you can pick up at Starbucks, plus notes on how to make it a “jar” recipe. https://ceodraiocht.wordpress.com/2010/12/07/the-best-invention-ever/

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year

Margo - you have so much going on all at once - it’s amazing you were able to put anything in the mail for me! Truly, no worries. I really have more than enough and should probably stop trading but I do like popping in here. :-)

• smitties
    last year

Here is my package contents from Maggie. She sent a pretty handmade card, pretty wine glass charms with angels on them, 3 organza bags of nice smelling potpourri, columbine and calendula seeds, tiger balm. she mentioned s recipe by I could not find it when I went to post. It must have got mixed up w other stuff. With my son and dIL here with the kids, it was slightly more than crazy around here

Thank you Maggie for the thoughtful package. I loved it. Margo

• smitties
    last year

Maggie, your package is on the way as of this afternoon. I wish I had done better but I will make it up to you one day. We are on our way to our brother in laws house up in Michigan to clear it out and get it ready for selling.

My mother is now in the hospital with a serious septic infection. I am going to stop by to see her on the way home from Kalamazoo Michigan. This is all so crazy. I am so glad I had a great vacation prior to all this stuff that has happened.

I will be posting another post from my phone of the contents of my package from Maggie. Margo

• amybabyboy3
    last year

Annie, your package is heading your way in the morning!

• amybabyboy3
    last year

• pinkiris
    last year

Lisa ... just wanted to let you know I mailed your package. Its been a super busy month for us, sorry in the delay.

• amybabyboy3
    last year
    last modified: last year

I posted a picture also of my package from Annie and it doesn't show up. Im not sure whats going on.

• faerygardener z7 CA
    last year

Erica - I’m so sorry! I swapped my who / what lists and you got the few things from the OBF list and Margo got the 5 things from this list (oops). I’m messaging a recipe and another flat envy is in the mail today.

• sandlapper_rose
    last year

Beth, I'm working on your package today and should get it in the mail tomorrow.

Waiting for some fall temperatures to arrive here - still reaching high 80's, not my idea of fall. The garden is in such bad shape that I will wait until it cools off a bit to work out there.

Jeanne

• EricaBraun
    last year

Maggie -- Thank you for the seeds and win glass charms. They are so cute. I took a picture, but for some reason I can't get it onto my computer. I'll post tomorrow, if I can get it figured out. In the meantime, I wanted to make sure to thank you!